Do you think eves population is declining or incresing and why

Indeed. And if they don’t make new threads they keep necro’ing old ones without anything new :wink:

But today I saw something that was entirely new to me in EvE. Our FC managing 3 battle grids at once, one in hisec, one near our home, and one in our deployment area in Curse. Absolutely spectacular.
And thanks to our opponents (and to our friends) for showing up in such numbers !! :heart:
GF’s in local, and on the forum.

I think EVE’s population has increased by at least one in the last ten days.
Why: I signed up during the past ten days.

That’s one down, 30k to go.

If you scroll up and follow my link to Steam Charts you will read Eve has increased by 4.4% over the last 30 days. I merely stated the sum total over the year to date shows us a loss of -0.2836%. If you use this percentile as a sample standard, we can estimate the total population (not just Steam users) has risen by 4.4% across the board. Then you can see from my post the other day, active population on the server was 26,227, which mean last month there was 1,105 less users playing the game. Simply divide by 30 and we get 37 players per day average increase over the past month.

There really is no guess work when you have enough data. The ones who have ALL the data and should use it is CCP.

WTF ?
it’s a percentage not a percentile.
And assuming it is standard is a big assumption.

So yes, this is imagination work, not even guess work. You are missing too many data to be able to make such a claim.

1 Like

I don’t know why you tagged me for your post though.

I don’t try to guess. The overall number of players gained or lost doesn’t interest me.
My post was about being sure that at least one more person plays EvE. It said it all.

1 Like

Eve is constant.

If you divide by 57 and subtract the number you first thought of, and then use the Schrodinger equation to calculate the wave function…you get the capital of Bolivia.

@Altara_Zemara @stefnia_Freir it is nice they are still teaching you kids math in school.

FACTS
Some people think that if you have a small sample size you can’t use statistics. Put simply, this is wrong, but it’s a common misconception. There are appropriate statistical methods to deal with small sample sizes.
Percentiles are used everyday. Let me know if you need help with the big words.

I return to Eve and make a factual statement - I get salty responses - then remember why I took a break in the first place.

@Whyatever thankfully Eve has some people here not dedicated to trying to prove why they should have pass high school algebra. I do hope you enjoy your time in the game. There are some in the forums that don’t represent this game well at all.

3 Likes

Thank you. I like it a lot, although it’s a little slow for my taste.
My partner calls it “Beautiful”.

Fortunately I’m old enough to make up my own mind.

oo no way

The last time you were here, you were upset about the tutorial UI not letting you take heavy drone/battleship sized sentry drones to get a free Venture from a career mission, and the community had pointed out to be wary of the rules against bypassing acceleration gate restrictions due to it being declared an exploit, and your response was to speculate and insinuate people’s possible medical conditions IRL.

1 Like

And still the way you use it is wrong.

FACT
Your argument is bad.
You don’t get salty response. You get adequate response. Which you answer to, with personal attacks.
You are the salty one.

Also you literally claimed this was a “sample standard”, without a proof, so your claim is BS.

1 Like

No…I don’t need any help grasping that you’ve just tossed a bunch of stats from completely different sources into a skip and jumped up and down on them and thought the result was something meaningful.

For starters, referencing ‘Steam Charts’ is meaningless. Not only do not all Eve players use Steam, but crucially you don’t know if the Steam users who played Eve last month are the SAME users who played the previous month. As the Steam users are only a small segment of total users, you have no idea which segment it is in any month. This makes deriving conclusions from this data utterly meaningless…especially as Steam user usage may vary for reasons that do not apply to those who don’t use Steam.

You cannot just assume that variation in that segment of the population corresponds to the same level of variation in the population as a whole.

It becomes even more meaningless when you try to compound this into some ‘year to date’ figure.

You then compound this statistical absurdity further by introducing the actual player count at some arbitrary time on one particular day…and crazily comparing it to the Steam figures that you completely forget would be PART of that stat.

I mean, seriously, give up while the going is bad and go attend a lecture on genuine statistics.

Off topic much? Ok troll let’s dance…

The last time I was here, I was complaining about the Career Mission UI not letting me take hobgoblins light scout drones/frigate sized drones in my free Venture on the mission as the required weapon. The community did point out to be wary of the rules against bypassing acceleration gate restrictions due to it being declared an exploit. Although that is not what I was saying, and my response was to speculate and insinuate people’s possible medical conditions IRL.

Yes I did insult people for being the brain dead zombies, because none of you seemed to understand, in that thread, what the heck I was talking about. I wasn’t attempting to bypass the gate just use the gate as intended. Apparently I can do that now without issue. The mission still fails to identify drones as legit weapons attached to my ship. Yet I can still use the gate, if I jump to it and ignore the AI telling me to return to dock and attach a weapon. So my issue was solved by much more user friendly conversation in local chat.

Apparently from your paragraph, you still don’t understand what I was talking about back then. I am amazed by the lengths the forum trolls will go to beat a dead horse and twist my words. I never asked for exploits or a way to bypass gates Mr Troll.

Back on topic.

As for the rest of the math venom directed at me, for telling anyone that the game has gained a few more players over the past 30 days and lost a tiny percentile of players over the fiscal year. Go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I guess we know why developers won’t bother to give you this data. You are so bent on some “game conspiracy theory”, you believe they must hiding the TRUTH. The numbers are available, do your own bad math. Show us your proof to the contrary.

Bingo.

The core problem with that thread and your math post in this one is that you do not communicate effectively.

It is pretty clear you have a rational, logical, well thought out idea in your head. I’m just going off the veracity of your reaction to not being understood and applying a liberal dose of good faith. But for whatever reason when you go sit down to type this idea out, today as it was in the past, you write it in such a way that doesn’t accurately convey the idea. At all. To anyone.

The common denominator is you. Get better at communicating your ideas, and the response won’t be light-making-fun of some random nonsense involving math. Get better at managing your emotions, and you won’t lash out at calling everyone a „troll“ and generally :poop: ing on the community for having the most mild of fun at your unapproachable word salad. And you won’t come across as being uncomposed and hypersensitive.

Edit: if you’d like I can go into specific details in how poor your communication is and provide feedback that way (ex: the previous thread title includes the word SENTRY DRONES yet you demand everyone magically understand it to be Light Scout drones).

2 Likes

it’s not venom.
It’s fact.

I know reality can be harsh, deal with it.

Tells me you have no idea what percentile means.
Percentile is a ranking expressed in base 100. If the game lost a few players, it lost a few percentage, not a few percentile.
If the game was top 5% of the played games and then goes to the 6% rank, it lost one percentile - if the games are ranked by players count increasing. That would be an adequate use of the term “percentile”

Misuse of math terms is enough to show that your

is plain BS. You use terms you don’t even understand, to try to prove your point. It’s like a baby playing with his own excrement and claiming it’s art. You can try all you want, you are still doing ■■■■.

1 Like

You’ve actually had it explained to you quite clearly and lucidly why your claims are bad maths. You might not wish to admit being wrong, but that’s another matter entirely.

Look at the date of the post and my signup date, when that was posted. I was a new player, who had no knowledge of specific game terminology. Anyone new to this game telling you, a 3 year old veteran that something is “essentially wrong with the game” bruises your ego and you go ballistic on them or start playing forum cop.

I am sorry, Mr Troll. You jump into threads to derail them all the time by pointing out something totally unrelated to this thread. I however came to this thread and did the following;

• Agreed that this thread is a repeated meme or gets necroed every so often.
  • I then explained to the OP the data for part A his question was already available and then replied to the part B giving only 4 points as to why population fluctuates over a year’s time.
  • I summed up with all games (not just Eve) will decline and this one seems to be stuck in neutral at the moment.

In my next posting, I was simply pointing out to a new player ( in case they were unaware ) that according to Steam Charts, a small sample of players, the game population has risen 4.4% over 30 days. At that time, I felt like I was done here on this thread. I even set the tracking to normal. Then I get 3 pings on it because I got quoted. The thread is set to mute now, I won’t be back in this thread to respond to any more of your game of “Derail the Topic”.

2 Likes

Stop beating the poor horse.

This topic is dead lol.

1 Like

„Your feedback on how to improve my communication hurt my feelings, let me explain why 1/17“ got it.