Do you want Fozzieclaw back? Because this is how you get Fozzieclaw back

In regards to the nullification changes. Do not allow interdiction modules on T1/Navy/Pirate frigates. You’re opening a giant can of worms and if these interdiction changes were originally meant to address fleet interceptors fitting guns and being hard to catch, you can do nearly the identical thing with T1 frigs w/ interdiction module.

“But the delay in reactivation makes it harder”

Not really. With you able to use T1 frigates and with the numbers nullsec groups have available to them, you can just rotate between 2-3 groups of disposable frigates. 1 group warps down, harasses, uses interdiction module, warps out. 2nd group comes in while the 1st group waits on reactivation, 2nd group leaves. 3rd group comes in, harasses and then 1st group is done with timer. Rinse/Repeat.

You go from a ~50m interceptor to an 8m T1 frigate. The average line member can lose 6 of these T1 frigates in comparison to the price of 1 interceptor. So even if some get deleted during the harassment, it wouldn’t be hard to have back-ups available (finally a use for the supercarrier cloner?).

Please see the examples below:

Fozzieclaw 2.0 (Rifter)
[Rifter, Fozzieclaw 2.0]

Gyrostabilizer II
Compact Interdiction Nullifier
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

280mm ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

This is nearly identical to the original fozzieclaw stats with the only difference being that is has a delay on nullification.

The Ares Replacement (Atron)

[Atron, Is this an Ares?]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

150mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

More Agile than Ares, similar range, more damage
The Atron can also fit 280’s if you wanted to rely only on alpha or can blend them in with the rifter gang.

[Kestrel, Nulli]

Ballistic Control System II

Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer
Sensor Booster II

Light Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Light Missile

Has 877 alpha with fury. Has 63km lock range with the nullifier penalty and 56km range with fury missiles. Can warp at range into bubbled areas and warp off as needed. Granted, missiles aren’t ideal in fleet fights, but for how cheap it is, seems viable in the right conditions.

Closing Statement

So, if these interdiction changes are being pressed through because of someone complaining about fleet interceptors with guns being nearly uncatchable, you’re opening yourselves up to an even worse nullsec doctrine with nearly the same fits as the previous fleet interceptors, but they are cheaper and potentially have even more dps.

Lets not revisit this in 6 months when whoever is losing a war (Goons/TEST/Frat/Horde etc) starts complaining about being harassed by nullified T1 frigates. Just don’t allow it from the start. Unless you all secretly enjoy nullified doctrines with how much skill they take to fly.

1 Like

That’s exactly what we need.

wait, these nullifiers can be fit to any ship?

Not any ship, but any T1, Navy or Pirate frigate. Along with fleet interceptors and covert ops (excluding stealth bombers) ships.

Looks good to me. Nice fits btw, that Rifter looks like an absolute menace.

Looks like this has been addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.