Does Mining have rules?

Yes, they are, and they are a norm in EVE online. Everything either costs money or power to maintain, and anyone can ask for and use either method to gain or assert control over another entity. We call this “content”, and it happens and is considered a very good cause to go towards in EVE online. Things that form fleets, events, and content, are always a good cause to donate or participate in.

6 Likes

I may consider joining you on that

1 Like

I was headed that way true.

As you can see I don’t broadcast and also I had blasters loaded with antimatter (no range) and only 2 or 3 of those 15 (11, some didnt undock) could get close to that 3 man bc tag team.

But Cats are so cheap i can just set them all on autopilot to arrive in the system of question.

o7

The more rocks that you steal from your opponent, the less that they can sell, and your value increases c:

2 Likes

That’s easily avoided, be sensible. Most of the verbose tome that is the code is common sense and the concept of personal responsibility wrapped in flowery prose and rhetoric.

If you do explode, don’t produce the salt that they so desire; the salt farmers will move on to those that do.

2 Likes

Seriously where do you guys get those myths from?

3 Likes

Next you will be trying to say that CODE started out destroying ships for profit and not bumping bots off mining.

It’s probably easier than accepting that CODE. may be better at Eve at Eve than they are.

Certain individuals in CODE. have done some horrible things, but for the most part they’re good at what they do simply because they have embraced the freedoms they have been offered by the ruleset.

1 Like

Its pretty obvious from Minerbumping why its done.

1 Like

“Make Mine Marvel”
-Stan Lee

If we are swapping quotes for some reason

As a more than occasional miner myself, I can see somewhat see what you’re trying to get across; however, it is often difficult to distinguish those that choose to mine afk from those using software to mine for them; both giving the same null response to being challenged by the merry miscreants that belong to CODE.

Their primary idea is if in doubt, kill them all; as an active miner it is in my interest that they do this, I actually pay attention to my surroundings and fit my ships appropriately. Hell I’ve been known to provide warpins for CODE. or to take matters into my own hands and bump obvious afk miners well away from the belt; despite my lack of permit and often making jokes at their expense, CODE. tend to leave me well alone as I’m not the type of player that they target.

3 Likes

In 2009 / 2010 there was definitely a etiquette of not mining the rock that others were mining and that often indicated that someone was botting or was ignorant at best. If I warp into a belt and there are other belts around I leave them to the belt and go to the other belt, if not I will mine as far as I can from them. I of course do not mine the same rock they are on unless they do it to me first then I just mine it in small bursts to screw them over.

CODE are too busy ganking in ice fields or protecting where their own AFK Orca’s operate to worry about people like me.

2 Likes

The New Order was always about bot-aspirants, players not bots. And yes the CODE. alliance was founded as the home for the Knights of the New Order, which is the gankers and has nothing to do with bumpers who usually used one man corps.

Again, where do you guys get that stuff from? The New Order is probably the most transparent organisation in New Eden when it comes to its history and goals. Yet you still get everything wrong.

3 Likes

Maybe you should read what James 315 actually wrote in 2011 and before and you will see where people get it from.

CODE was formed against bots and AFK miners.

1 Like

Ill go with what was said directly to people when it was formed, ta.

1 Like

That sounds like good banter.

1 Like

You are basically this guy: MinerBumping.com: Why They Hate the Code, Part 9

2 Likes

There are very few actual rules in the sense of ‘rules that might be enforced by a GM’.

There are some opinions regarding etiquette but everyone is free to form their own and anyone tells you otherwise is lying to you.

With respect to property, anything you can grab and get away with is fair game according to the actual rules of the game, though some opinions regarding etiquette may differ.

I would not worry very much about anyone else’s opinions regarding etiquette. Form your own and subscribe to those instead. Just understand that your own opinions regarding etiquette are also not actual rules.

If you pay attention, you will notice that a great deal of angst results from people habitually mistaking their opinions regarding etiquette for anything that might actually matter. If you can avoid falling into that trap, you will have a much better time in Eve.

7 Likes

There might be some sort of player established or understood etiquette with specific groups or areas, but honestly, the only rules are what you can enforce at the time.
Someone chomps on your rock, either help them out, ignore them, or shoot them.
Your choice, your actions, but mind the consequences.

–Gadget, Smiter of Rocks

4 Likes