Double Training Weekend Feedback Thread!

We’re super happy to announce that as of tomorrow downtime, New Eden will be enjoying its first double training weekend!

• If you have an Alpha account, you can log in and claim 25,000 skillpoints twice this weekend.
  • If you have an Omega Account, you can log in and claim 50,000 skillpoints twice this weekend.

Be sure to log in over the course of the weekend and claim your skillpoints, they’ll be available through until downtime on November 19th!

For more information, check out the Live Events portal!

If you’d like to discuss this event, feel free to do so in this thread!

Please be aware that skillpoints are issued on an account rather than a character basis, so be sure to log into the character that you’d like to apply the skillpoints to when you redeem them!

25 Likes

wat??

5 Likes

Yeeeeeeah.

Question is, what to train! So many skills! :scream:

3 Likes

Time to train Caldari Frigate to 5.

4 Likes

Lol, active player count should be interesting this weekend.

6 Likes

Ahahahahahahahaha

EVE doing dailies

Watch the boat go down bois :joy::joy: :popcorn:

9 Likes

Dailies. Called it. Eve just went tits over arse down the drain.

8 Likes

I mean… all you need to do is log in. If this is Eve’s version of grinding, I’ll take it.

That said… I do wonder what’s going on. They’re throwing SP around, and it makes me wonder what the motivation might be. Sounds a bit desperate to me.

3 Likes

Memo from PA: we need to see proof that changes being made improve server population ASAP.

CCP: Anouncing Double Training Weekend!

That being said, you’re d@mn right I’m going to be taking advantage of this!

12 Likes

Press release on the 20th “Record Player Logins!”

Wait, no, I know how this goes. Most people will only get the message after the event has ended.

3 Likes

It’s clear that the playerbase is dropping and dropping
They’re just trying to get normies into the game with these whilst alienating the older players

1 Like

I’m not sure about the second part, it doesn’t really alienate anyone when everyone gets it. Most vets I play with would far rather shoot at a dude in a T2 hull than a dude who spent less on his fit than they spent on ammo.

11 Likes

what.
the.
actual.
■■■■.

2 Likes

cool, but why?

1 Like

You guys cant read? Active players number wont go up. They will just login, claim SP and go do they job.

It looks like new owners are starting to put hands on eve. Waiting for first p2w items.

1 Like

My magic crystal ball is telling me that Skill Injector prices are going to fall.

3 Likes

Inb4 Mario-styled invincibility star that provides 24h safety for only 20 plex

6 Likes

To be honest, for me, as a new player, it’s hard to understand all this whining about free skillpoints.

You know, MMPORPG where playing skill (fitting, making the right character skill template…), instead of grinded skills matter, and those were always the games which i enjoyed most.

Ultima Online for example.

What I want to say is, don’t want to spend years training my character, because otherwise i will lose to any vet with all 5 piloting skills.

I want to spend my time rather in understanding the game mechanics, using them to get good chars and fitting ships right for the jobs they do… fleet doctrines, coop-patterns and so on

7 Likes

this is very poorly worded, the way that you’ve posted it it could be read as if you get 2x the speed training AND the 100k SP gift

2 Likes

Skillpoints are irrelevant a lot of the time lol
I’ve seen 1 day old toons kill 10+ years toons

Knowledge is key in Eve

6 Likes