Double Training Weekend Feedback Thread!

Thats good to hear and is MY point.
When they are irrelevant (as they should), what does everbody complain about here?

3 Likes

:parrot: THIS NEWS JUST IN! :parrot:

EVE Online players hate free stuff!

I love you guys! :heart:

49 Likes

No kidding!

1 Like

IT’S A SCAM!!!

There is no free stuff, especialy in eve :wink:

7 Likes

You know, some EvE players can and will complain about ANYTHING.

Login troubles? OMG NEED FREE SKILLPOINTS.

Hey, a free spoonful of skillpoints this weekend? OMG CCP SO DESPERATE FOR LOGINS

Like, oh my f-ing god, this used to be called a “Customer Appreciation Weekend”. Stop whining that CCP appreciates your business and enjoy the free gift. I really hope I don’t hear boo over the annual xmas gifts this year.

15 Likes

Because we spent 10 years skilling, first years doing crappy learning skills and unable to remap, losing SP when I didn’t upgrade my pod to achieve something people can now achieve in 1 day with a credit card on a new character.

I wonder why anyone could possibly be unhappy.

3 Likes

Sweet I’ll take it!!

2 Likes

That’s a common thinking among newbies but that’s not true. Experience matters, not skillpoints.

2 Likes

So, would you start playing again with 0 SP? Or you feel that EVE should be populated by vets only?
How would that encourage new player to start that game, when it takes 10 years skilling to keep up?
Shouldn’t it be about playing skills?

3 Likes

I’m generally never bitter about an equal opportunity thing. But generally speaking vets get bitter because they had to get it the longest way possible.

They had to train learning skills, they had to deal with SP loss when their clones weren’t insured, etc. It was a lot harder then than it is now, and it does honestly feel a little bit like having your years of accumulation diminished.

That said…

Player skill will trump skill points 10 times out of 10. A skilled player (who is generally always a vet obviously) will always win. Doesn’t matter what their SP looks like, doesn’t matter how much they’ve spent on their ship.

5 Likes

OMG!
I just tried to get my first 50000 SP, hit the accept box, and found out that CCP Falcon actually switched it at the last second and just took 50000 OFF my character.

That’s the EVE Online I’ve come to love.

6 Likes

So why does anyone care about SP enough then to comment in this thread, i wonder.

1 Like

We’re just waiting for the shoe to drop. Our time in Eve has taught us that if there’s a free lunch, it’s probably bait and the moment you grab that sammich, the cyno goes up.

11 Likes

Why should you get to start and be at the exact same point as me in a day when I’ve trained 10 years?

I can kill 10 year vets on an alpha, it doesn’t take 10 years to ‘keep up’, it took me 10 years to be able to fly and use everything in-game.

I never said they were useless, but in a solo frigate fight, while it’s relatively easy to get a decent skill level, the experience of the pilot is what matters most. You can have a 15 years old fleet combat vet whith only 10 solo kills under his belt being crushed by a 3 month noob who FW every day.
Of course you can do more things when you have more skillpoints, but you don’t need 10 years of game to kick butts with a t1 frig or destroyer.

And i’m a vet, not you. I used to think the same way but not anymore.

2 Likes

So thats the real skills you accumulated over time, and we new players will never outrun you on that, because learning EVE takes years.

I would understand that complaining if CCP gave away 1 year of playing experience thats free to download directly into your brain when loggin on.

1 Like

This just in!

CCP using free stuff to avoid discussion on how to fix the game!

We love you too.

2 Likes

Yeah that only happens when the 1 day old toon is an alt of a 10 year vet. And the 10 year vet has all their skillpoints in material processing and trade.

Anyway, thnx for the SP CCP. Bringing me closer to 200,000,000 sp, only 1,8 mill to go.

7 Likes

I respect you and your time but this is a good quote

1 Like

I’ll take free SP any day

4 Likes