"Downloading Updates" every time I start the launcher

Every time I start Eve it does a short “Downloading Updates” thing. I’m also having frequent disconnects,

For the first point: I think EVE just has too many small updates.

I cannot help with the second, how is your internet connection in general?

In the launcher, did you go to Settings/EVE Online and tick the box for “Download the full EVE game client” ?

I don’t really pay it a lot of attention tbh, but it seems like the frequency of my launcher updates decreased after I ticked that option (and downloaded 17GB+ worth of game files).

I tracked this for weeks. The launcher is almost downloading 200 Mbyte of new stuff every day with no patch notes. Its really irritating, as my internet is garbage and I have the ‘download the full eve game client’ unticked so I don’t have to get crap I don’t need.

This is fairly normal and has been for some time now.

But it shouldn’t be. Out of band patches are really irritating when there is no explanation. Tuesday people expect a patch, if the problem is so bad to need to be patched another day it should get notes, not just a mystery download of 180 MBytes.

If the problem is mine, It is probably this pc. I work all day across a vpn on a work pc here with no problems.

Not to bust your butt, but everyone forgets about the 2 day downtimes. :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: