Drake Iddon for CSM17 - Stop the rot and bring EVE proudly into the 3rd Decade

So your solution if people don’t want to enjoy pochven is to smply bring pochven everywhere?
That’s why i think “niche playstyle CSM” are generally not very useful when theres a lack of understanding what other people enjoy and want from their sandbox.

“Pushing CCP” to do anything won’t work either - you will just get disappointed and burned out if you enter the CSM with that expectation only to find that CCP doesn’t care about your suggestions.

There used to be a perfect formt for event sites wich CCP scraped in favour of convoluted runaroud point progression quests in gated dungeons.

And having an open door to communicate with the community is nothing innovative - literally every CSM does that.

1 Like

I heartily endorse Drake for CSM. He’s creative, witty, thorough, and inquisitive. This man constantly reengineers the norm in ways that keep things fresh, fun, and challenging for those who’ve gotten too comfortable. Even (especially) when pressuring change on “opposition”, it gets them to be creative, and gets people interacting who’d normally be off in a corner quietly krabbing.

1 Like

I distrust the CSM more so then CCP. What makes you think CCP will even listen to you? You talk about you want to build trust again with CCP and the players but how do you propose to do this?

Can you also please elaborate in how the CSM has shaped the game in the past and how the CSM differentiates as player feedback when CCP can gleam the same information and discussion in a online forum or focus group?

So your solution if people don’t want to enjoy pochven is to smply bring pochven everywhere?

Nope that isn’t what my solution is, Pochven has a good recipe for bringing people out into space to fight in the sense that it has a small number of very lucrative PvE sites that (for the most part) naturally limit blobbing which take a reasonable amount of time to clear. player groups are drawn to these sites and the limited amount of them forces people into conflict, making people have to actively defend them if they want the income.

Pushing CCP” to do anything won’t work either - you will just get disappointed and burned out if you enter the CSM with that expectation only to find that CCP doesn’t care about your suggestions.

That isn’t a reason not to try and while yes, CSM members have vented frustrations on being ignored by CCP this is usually regarding bad ideas that CCP have already set in motion. I know full well that if I am to get anything done it will be a case of digging my heels in and beating the ideas into CCP until they give up resisting, honestly that sounds like fun for me

And having an open door to communicate with the community is nothing innovative - literally every CSM does that.

It is something EVERY CSM member should do but that is not always the case, as far as i’m concerned it should be the absolute baseline requirement

I distrust the CSM more so then CCP. What makes you think CCP will even listen to you?

Simple answer is I don’t, however CCP is well aware that the CSM is not something they can safely appease and ignore. a stubborn CSM with an underlying threat of them protesting/leaving which has the potential of generating negative publicity towards CCP.

A good example of this was when CCP released the prospector pack, the CSM put their foot down and told them this cannot go ahead, CCP ignored them and went ahead anyway. Shortly after there was an open letter signed by both current and former CSM members. The result was the prospector pack was removed from sale.

You talk about you want to build trust again with CCP and the players but how do you propose to do this?

Can you also please elaborate in how the CSM has shaped the game in the past and how the CSM differentiates as player feedback when CCP can gleam the same information and discussion in a online forum or focus group?

I need to drive to work now, I’ll reply to this in a little while mate

Endorsements from people who “haven’t been seen in awhile” - not compelling!

1 Like

active in space generally doesn’t equate to active on the forums tbh

It sure looks like a bunch of random spam alts.

1 Like

I disagree it was the CSM, CCP was concerned about it was actually the players. It was the players threatening to leave not the CSM that caused CCP action. The same result and objective would still been achieved without the CSM. The prospector pack removed was not because of what the CSM did, It was the collective voice of players. I am yet to hear a compelling arguement of why we even need a csm.

It just became an egotistic echo chamber, an illusion of power and that your voice has more weight that my voice. It doesn’t.

I’ll start where I left it before

You talk about you want to build trust again with CCP and the players but how do you propose to do this?

I think I can boil this down to two main areas, monetization and communication

A huge portion of the player base right now quite rightly feels that CCP is completely disconnected from them, dev blogs and discussion around patches usually occurs just before or even after the actual patch is live. Teasers about upcoming content in the form of expansions and quadrants have disappeared. This is something that needs to be addressed as soon as possible, players need to be included and hyped up about upcoming patches instead of being told “we arn’t going to tell you, you’ll have to figure it out yourself” like they did at fanfest this year.

Monetization and value for money is another huge aspect of this, the increased prices especially at low durations its going to massively hurt the influx of new players, a large amount of them are going to be look at a 1 month sub to test the waters if they enjoy omega or not before committing to longer durations, with the 1 month sub being so high now there is going to be a significant number of them who will decide it isn’t worth the price

We all know the root cause of the price increase, CCP exists to make a profit, want’s to offset the increased server running costs from electricity and needs to try and claw back lost revenues due the war in Ukraine. I don’t think any reasonable person can fault them for this, what we CAN fault them for is for constantly ignoring the request by players for CCP to monetise customisation content, CCP would make a killing if they just channelled the spirit of riot games and made some of the art team pump out tonnes and tonnes of skins, they can be recolors sold for cheap, more expensive but well designed skins like YC121 Yoiul line, we can even tap into the netease designed serenity skins and just give them a portion of the sales on those lines as additional profit, absolutely everyone wins in that scenario.

If CCP can fully tap into giving players multiple avenues of customising their ships, characters and any other ideas that they can think of, this should provide a huge demand for purchasing plex on the markets, which in turn drives the price of plex up making more people decide that its worthwhile purchasing plex from CCP

If this monetisation part can be solved then CCP won’t have to resort to knee jerk price increases (and in an ideal world would give way for them to bring the price back down), player value for money goes back up while also letting them enjoy the game more, showing that CCP can actually listen to them and give them what they have been asking for.

It sounds simple on paper because it ■■■■■■■ is, i want to drill this deep into the skulls of the devs so they don’t forget that.

You said it yourself really, CSM is basically an elected focus group and this is a valuable resource to them even if they sometimes forget that.

In terms of what CSM has brought in the past it’s hard to comment on that because I havn’t been on the CSM and the things they have pushed for has been wide and varied between them over the years (the one example that comes to mind is an old friend of mine, Prometheus Exenthal, was on CSM long ago back when assault frigates were considered a joke, the contribution that he was most proud of was pushing tonnes of ideas to CCP to buff the assault frigates and was successful, as those ideas were implemented.

I disagree it was the CSM, CCP was concerned about it was actually the players. It was the players threatening to leave not the CSM that caused CCP action. The same result and objective would still been achieved without the CSM. The prospector pack removed was not because of what the CSM did, It was the collective voice of players.

Both is true, however i wouldn’t discount the added voice of the CSM open letter allowing the voice of the community to be focused in a single area of discussion as I believe it was a big reason CCP decided to change course on this, while yes I agree with you that the players were ultimately the reason behind this it was the CSM that amplified that voice. This is what the CSM SHOULD always be doing, amplifying player voices, community sentiment, etc and shoving it into CCPs faces so it can never be ignored.

I am yet to hear a compelling arguement of why we even need a csm.

I think you have in the ways that you have described focus groups before, but you don’t see CSM as a focus group due to what you said next

It just became an egotistic echo chamber

I absolutely ■■■■■■■ agree with you, I’ve seen people laud their CSM status (or the status of CSMs in their corps) over other people and I personally can’t stand it. CSM shouldn’t be for personal glory, clout, or for advantage whatsoever, it should be to help steer the game in the direction the player base wants.

That is why it’s so important that as many people vote as possible, the less people vote the higher chance of organised voting ballots is to elect echo chambers that only exist in certain areas of space

an illusion of power and that your voice has more weight that my voice. It doesn’t.

And it shouldn’t make the CSM’s voices have more weight, it should make EVERYONE’S voices carry more weight

You havn’t looked very hard then have you :P, I don’t have any alt accounts, I use just this account and thats it.

Drake is great seen him around doing small gang pvp in poch all the time finally someone not under the thumb of a nullblock. You got my vote!

1 Like

Booking CSM 17 interviews on behalf of Ashterothi Scheduling for this weekend. Let us know if you’re available.

2 Likes

Null Sec has a great recepie for getting people out into space. It also has garbage tier risk / reward and a DBS that actively punishes people for being in space - wich is why noone is in space any why most certainly noone will give you good small gang content willingly.

Before scarcity i used to spend half an hour or so crabbing in my Hel and then i’d have the money for a ship to go roaming.
Since scarcity started i made my content and money via Myrmidon bait.
As far as im concerned all money making in EVE is literally wasting my time to do PVP, out of wich classic anom PVE is the most acceptable since it makes ISK wich can be converted to spaceships without jumping through additional hoops and can itself lead to organic PVP.

Due to CCPs stupid solution to what they call “capital proliferation” followed by general ship price increases, inshurance nerfs and the pathetic DBS risk aversity is no longer optional and the effort to fun ratio has crossed the point where for me it is no lnger worth playing the game at all.
And that’s not even including the increased subscription price.

If you want to bring Pochven PVE to null sec it will just get farmed endlessly since the alliance fleets will be too large to be engaged by any filament gangs or j-bears.
If you want to bring some other form of pochven-esque PVE sites where crabs are perma tackled the reward would have to be at least as high as it is in Pochven but there would inevitably be areas of space where it is too safe to do.
And all CCP really wants to do is bring more gated PVE sites where they can build convoluted quest lines and tedious micro tasks with their new design tools while showing off their “fancy” skyboxes…

So what exactly do you immagine PVE should look like?

Anyone who can convince CCP to get more out of Pochven, and to invest more in all the work they have made to create that zone, gets a vote from me!

2 Likes
1 Like

Drake was an enormous pain in the a** and a constant pest when I lived in pochven. There are few things i would like more in this game than killing that god forsaken panther. But there is no denying that he has a true handle on the game and it’s mechanics to a degree not even CCP has. I don’t always like how he plays but Drake absolutely cares about this game and is nothing if not relentless. I hate myself for saying this but Drake for CSM.

Now I need a drink.

1 Like

great interview!

1 Like

As fractal as the citizens of Pochven can be, if we hope to preserve our home and it’s future, we must unite behind one candidate and I believe that candidate to be Drake Iddon.

Unless we make our collective voices known and speak in unison, we risk letting the large null bloc entities further their agenda of farming our homeland dry while avoiding PvP and losses.

If you care about our region. Our home. Our way of life. You will join me in putting your votes behind Drake.

3 Likes

He is the only that want to voice for pochven, might as well vote him

1 Like