Drawbacks of doing PI in lowsec?

I’ve been looking into setting up my PI in lowsec.

I notice the tax rate is way lower. The planets seem to give higher yields.

I’ve also noticed that some systems, especially 0.1 and 0.2 systems hardly have any traffic, so I don’t worry too much about getting ganked out there if I’m careful.

I’m thinking I’ll convert the output into implants, and then smuggle them back into highsec in a small stealthy frigate.

Are there any other concerns, aside from getting ganked?

My only concerns…PI is auch a pain you do Not want to redo it often…so why Not looking for nullsec or wormhole.
Never was to a wormhole but there are some with Highsec static…

I just smuggle mass quantity type stuff through losec in a mwd+cloak orca. Or a t1 Iteron variation for whatever it is. Screw 11B jumpfreighters that I’d loose to a disconnect or something stupid but I digress…

Sounds like you’re new to losec with all the convert and smuggle stuff, just jump right in you’ll do fine, running around doing pi and dying/not dying will learn you some competency that will apply to all kinds of other stuff.

1 Like

Just set something up in a system with low tax and a low requirement for traveling to the planets. Set these up as secondary account alts and you’re golden.

Use map tools to figure out the geography, fit the proper number of stabs. Have inertia skills trained. Lowsec honestly isn’t that rough n tumble unless you sit your ass down in a system that’s a choke on a primary route to or from a major trade hub.

PI isn’t a pain once it’s set-up - just log on every few days to reap your harvest and restart the extraction.

Absolutely correct.

From my experience, you can even make friends from the locals. If they are nice they won’t shoot your epithal the moment you screw that MWD cloak.
And the next day they shoot you and your pod, just because :stuck_out_tongue: