DrButterfly answers questions about faction warfare

@yellow_parasol I am actually having problem with your definition of farmers. I am familiar with following 2 kinds and against them:

• Bot
  • Real players, but the players behind the screen are actually playing in rotation/shift round the clock. They may or may not utilize bot. (Farm factory)

Both of the above are mostly related to RMT.

But your other points I am kind of 50/50. They fall into personal point of view or play style, for example following are my personal point of view:

• WiS, I don’t think it is needed, and it will either fall into uselessness like CQ, or create a whole new level of complexity on top of a already very complex game.
  • “Solo players”, I will be frank here, I am 99% soloing now. My 1st local chat that last >15min only happened last Friday. That is almost 3 months into game. Partially due to the “don’t trust anyone” advice, so I just decided to stay low profile. Also due to the fact that I am still training my base skill, and missioning is mainly a solo activity. And also my online time, which is very irregular due to my job nature.
  • “fwplex farmer”, this is the one I difficulty understanding your definition. Anyone, or any group doing fwplex, regardless of intension, will influence the war zone. Lets flip the question, under what situation will you categorize someone(non-bot, non-RMT farmer) doing fwplex not a farmer? And what you mean by “no regards for the game itself”?

My own opinion on the plex farmers is one of resignation. If their only contribution to a Militia is capturing plexes for their own gain they are actually stealing from their Militias PVPers.

Market forces being that the greater supply of LP goods on the market the lower their price will go. ‘Active’ Militia pilots are players who engage in PVP or other operations for their militias gain and can also gain income by plexing which in my view is fine.

You have to be resigned to this because the barriers to plexing are so low whilst if you increase them you impact PVP. I remember when CCP buffed the rats in order to encourage a more combat fitted ship being necessary to O-Plex, this unfortunately meant that solo PVP got impacted as the rats were then swinging genuine fights with their DPS etc and this was reversed.

If you encounter a stabbed deplexing farmer you can only engage them if they are not in your factions NPC Corp (or risk major standings losses) or if you harm the combat effectiveness of your ship by fitting multiple points etc (or fly a navy maulus).

In other words yes they are a subtle sabatour of ‘Active’ Militia pilots but there is no way to deal with them even if all the Militias tried to co-ordinate a response.

Did you guys think about ceding some territory and helping the Amarr Militia grow for the general health of the WZ?

I have been pointing this out to them…

I went out into minmatar FW lowsec this afternoon to see if I could pick off any plexing bots. I couldn’t find a single one. Going back a couple of days, virtually every system had one (State Protectorate, under 3 weeks old, Gallente character, and flying an Atron). Has CCP just hit them with a wave of bans, or is tuesday some kind of bot sabbath?

1 Like

We did little to hold them back on the first few systems they took and if they would stop running against walls in systems that we actualy defend and finaly start working together they would take some systems.

@Nameira_Vanis-Tor Thanks for the explanation. I think I start to understand a bit more of the argument/stand against “plex farmer”, and also regarding the stabbed one.

Though not totally disagreed, but still feel some reservation. Need sometime to think and put my thought in a logical way.

Not in my warzone. :trollface:

Seriously though, Minmatar arent going to sit around doing nothing while Amarr push back. Instead, we need another focus to spread us out a bit so we can fight the Amarr more balancedly in the warzone while continuing to grow and push forwards in relation to other objectives. We’re discussing ideas on this topic.

The problem I’m having with amarr militia atm is people aren’t wanting to work together too much. People keep trying to take systems in the middle of the warzone with little regard to how they’re gonna defend them, take saikamon and sahtogas for example. They got taken by a group of amarr and then they lost them very quickly because they simply couldnt defend them because they didn’t put any citadel up and didnt seed any ships in system so people could reship quickly.

The only proper way we’re gonna be able to hold systems properly is if people just focus systems around TMOCC/TIA Staging for the simple fact that we have literally thousands of ships in our home citadel and we can easily anchor up a raitaru and jump over a few hundred ships to a system nearby that needs defending, and if we can actually get people to focus systems around us rather than random systems they want then we should have quite a few more people focused into a smaller area making it easier to defend. I tell this to amarr militia almost every day now and although it sounds like I’m just saying it so my home area gets bigger and stronger its the only logical step from here because TMOCC/TIA are the two main alliances in amarr militia right now and when we work together we actually get stuff done.

However beings there is a fair chunk of amarr FW that doesn’t want to cooperate with us it is going to take a little while for things to get going our side, we aren’t gonna be able to take systems super often because we simply don’t have the numbers to (Which I’m working on with lots of recruitment). I’m here to stay so rest assured we will build up and we will start to push back but for now we are taking it slowly and trying to just hold what is possible for us to hold right now.

Once we get some more numbers and can actually start fielding proper fleets on a regular occasion we will start pushing out our borders to get more systems, my overall goal is to push minmatar back and try to maintain control of around 50% of the warzone, allowing both sides to make plenty of isk and get plenty of content across multiple fronts, and making the amarr - minmatar warzone somewhat balanced so that both sides are flourishing.

Didn’t realise this turned into a wall of text lol, just sorta got carried away it seems.

If anyone has questions regarding the status of amarr militia on certain stuff etc. etc. or just general questions about the warzone please feel free to ask and I’ll answer the best I can :slight_smile:

Well, you’ve got over 100 active pilots in UK - iirc Minmil has double the active pilots the Amarrs do, and they’re already fractured. Spreading out won’t help that, imo you need to find someone else to shoot for a while and let your LP value grow.

Aside from some 20ish man gangs we fought in Kam a couple of times you’ve never tried to form a real fleet for us, maybe you should reject the oppression of the pirate interlopers in your space…

We’re gonna shoot everything that’s suitable our taste in the warzone.

come and be the meat in our ragu :spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti:

1 Like

More than double actually* Judging from the amount of people i see on each side i would say their numbers are about 2.5x more or so.

I mean, you hold all but 3 systems in the warzone, there isn’t really any other objectives you can spread out to. Minmatar have been able to grow and have had no one to actually oppose them for a few months now so I don’t blame you guys for just wanting to roflstomp amarr with greater numbers, thats only natural once you get into the position of power but you don’t seem to understand that all that will happen if you go super tryhard mode is you kill the content in the area and end up with noone opposing you and you end up sitting there farming lp again until someone else comes along.

I’m personally not going to give up anytime soon but we’ll see how the warzone does over the next few months :slight_smile:

We’ll be doing other things.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.