Drink | Plex | Vote | Repeat - Tristan daCuhna for CSM 14

Greetings ladies and gents,

I am Tristan daCuhna, long time sperger of local channels, orbiter of buttons and one of the few remaining fans of Faction Warfare.

Since joining Fweddit in 2012 and later founding Dirt ‘n’ Glitter in 2013, I have been involved heavily in Amarr Faction Warfare, small to mid gang low sec pvp and general asshattery.

I’d love to go to town with a long list of hard hitting buzz statements about how I’d make everything awesome, but that’s not what this campaign is about.

The long and short of it is, FW (yes is still exists btw) has been overlooked for a long time. The last real meaningful overhaul was in 2012 during the Inferno expansion. Since then the rest of the game has progressed while FW has stayed still.

My goal is to be a advocate for FW low sec, facilitating discussions on how current and future updates will impact this area of the game and to hopefully show there is sufficient interest in this style of game play to warrant investment in updating it.

Thank you for you time and I look forward to any questions you guys might have.

12 Likes

RESERVED

1 Like

10/10 would listen to tristan tell me to ■■■■ off. vote tristan

3 Likes

Love the graphic and FW is an part of the game I have never done so welcome to the race.

m

4 Likes

Thanks Mike

1 Like

The problem with fw and lowsec in general is it looks healthy if you just look at numbers but its a part of game that has been neglected for far too long.

Your goals are modest but realistic, i will vote for you o7

5 Likes

FW has a lot of potential for EvE if ccp would get in with major fixes. Having a csm member bringing that up to ccp frequently would be a good thing for the game.

How about other areas of EvE?

I’m tentatively interested in your campaign.

1 Like

Why did you choose Amarr Faction Warfare specifically?

1 Like

Great question, thank you for raising it.

Bar a few brief stints in TEST and my initial time as a new player in hi sec, my experience outside of low sec is somewhat limited. There are other candidates who can speak on behalf of those play-styles better than I would be able to.

My primary aim is to highlight the effect that changes to other aspects of the game have on the FW low sec arena. That said, in terms of the further game, issues that would effect player retention or the overall game balance would also be conversations I would aim to highlight.

I don’t feel it would be fair for someone without extensive first hand experience on specific issues to push an agenda on them.

2 Likes

Hi Xenuria,

Amarr, and more specifically Fweddit, was the first group to get me interested in pvp. I’ve stuck with Amarr over the years. I’ve found them to be the smaller militia and I’m a sucker for an underdog story.

2 Likes

Amarr FW, no one can accuse this guy of taking the easy road!

@Tristan_daCuhna What’s your stance on caps (combat types) in lowsec?

Why throw away your vote on a goon/goon pet that’s gonna get elected anyway, WHEN YOU CAN THROW AWAY YOUR VOTE ON TRISTAN!

Like holy ■■■■, he actually still plays the game. Not only that but he’s still in FW. He isn’t one of the quitters, he’s not one of those fair-weather FW dudes that only comes back when things are good.

3 Likes

Despite being my rival enemy in game you got my Vote. I’m happy as long as FW gets represented.

Hello Tristan daCuhna,

Let’s assume for a minute that Faction Warfare is on the roadmap with planned incremental changes over the next 3 years. Let’s say that overall, CCP’s vision for Faction Warfare is entry-level PvP with some PvE elements in order for individuals and small groups to sustain themselves.

CCP asks the CSM what they identify as the biggest problem with Faction Warfare, why it is a problem, and what they would do to fix said problem. Then the second biggest, and then the third biggest, and so on. Let’s assume you get voted into the CSM but you are the only candidate actively engaged in faction warfare.

How would you answer CCP’s question?