Drone Bomb

god i’ve always wished self destruction took out nearby ships

1 Like

Yknow I am kind of on board with this idea. I wouldnt mind having something like this without needing a missile slot in my fittings. I like the concept

2 Likes

The Drone Bomb would not be allowed to be deployed in Jita or the other trade hubs like Amarr, Hek or Dodo.

love the idea! but I’d even push it further to small/med/large smartbomb drones.

+1

1 Like

Good idea. Small Drone Bombs would be fast and have slightly better damage than rockets.

As long as it still respects HS crime and punishments rules, ie if you hit another player Concord come say ello I think its a great idea.

Drone Bombs would not be allowed to be used in High Sec. You wouldn’t be able to launch them.

You can use smart bombs in HS, just not stealth bomber bombs. Is that out or concern for nefarious use or something else? I think they should be like smart bombs, at users own risk. No?

1 Like

No, High Sec gankers already have enough weapons on hand to inflict destruction with.

If they did the same dmg as regular drones, ie light/med/heavy what would be the difference? same dmg output just a different visual effect at the end of the day.

The damage output would be about 1.5 x the amount of damage of the most powerful drone in each class.

The velocity of the Drone Bomb would also be nearly double that of normal drones.

So the game already has Kamikaze fighters. The Shadow fighter and Standup Shadow fighter have a true Sacrifice ability. On the normal version it is strong enough to one shot a carrier or dreadnaught. I would think a drone version would use similar mechanics.

For AoE, another cool thing to check out is Standup Guided Bombs. They have a small AoE effect like bombs. Friend or Foe missiles used to work exactly as you described as they would attack rats even without aggro and missiles had different mechanics and had AoE like the standup guided bomb.

1 Like

Not a one shot version though. It wouldn’t be allowed to be used in High Sec.

Wait, you are suggesting a new weapon system for Eve, but adding in rules just so players with a different play style than you are not allowed to use it?

If you have to add in arbitrary rules to limit the use of your idea, then its a bad idea.

Then not allowing Bombs to be used in High Sec is a bad idea, arbitrarily speaking.

But you stated that your reasoning for this was to make sure ‘gankers’ didn’t have access to the DroneBombs.

bombs in high sec make since as people could make mine fields between gates making it impossible for trade hubs to function

You could have extras in your cargo, and whenever one of them explodes, you move a new one out of your cargo and into your drone bay, and launch it

Edit: unless you can’t do that
Edit 2: or it could be a regular drone, but its only weapon is a smart bomb, but after the smartbomb cycles a certain number of times, the drone explodes. But the final explosion’s radius is double the normal explosion radius of a normal cycle, but it deals half the damage

1 Like

The Drone Bomb Bay would have a set number of drones that it could, 25 small, 12 medium or 5 large.
You would be able to jettison the drones your cargo hold and then load into your drone bay.

Pffft…this is the future and we can’t even load drones from the cargo bay into the drone bay? Seriously CCP, are we operating horse drawn wagons?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.