Drone Carriers

Was making T1D fits for FW and noticed that the drone carriers tend to do more dps than other fits: for example this rep algos can reach the same buffer as a cormorant, hit at the same distance but has somewhere near 65% more dps.

You can technically defang this Algos by killing the drones, but a chunk of it’s dps is in it’s guns, its bay carries a backup flight and killing drones takes time.

Am I missing something, or are drone carriers just very good at 1v1 engagements at a small scale? This fit wouldn’t be suitable to fly in a fleet of course, due to its reliance on drones which are often lost when booshing/warping out, but that’s the only downside I can really think of.

Thanks in advance.

[Algos, Algos Rep]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Armor Repairer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

150mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Hammerhead I x2
Hammerhead I x1
Hobgoblin I x3
Hobgoblin I x3

you have to take into account that raw dps is not equal to actual dps in fight. For example, with drones, you have to take into account the time for drones to get at range from the target. It leaves time to the target to try to shoot the drones, call for reps from logis, etc. In eve, many doctrines try to have a good “alpha”, which means instant dps application (even if triglavian ships are a solid alternative in some situations now)
That’s why sentries are used, even if the dps seems lower than heavies: no travel time

1 Like

Fair point, thanks for the info.

No Damage Control?

Nope. Need as much armour resists as possible for the rep to work optimally.

you can drop one of the EANMs for an adaptive plating. this frees up cpu to exchange the cpu rig for another aux pump.

also try using a small ancillary armor repairer. it uses nanite paste as “ammo” to burst rep more within a shorter timeframe. common armor reps are rarely viable.

I disagree. Small ancilarry especially runs out of paste really fast. There are three situations you can face:

1. you being outnumbered/outgunned in which your fit does not matter at all
  2. you outnumbering or outgunning the enemy in which case you hardly need to use armor repairer at all thus the classic t2 would be enough.
  3. 1v1 situation where both players are very close in power, such fight to my experiences takes longer, usually so long that you run out of pre-loaded nanite paste charges. When that happens, loading new charges takes extremely long and doing so means you cannot rep at all and thus you lose. If you don’t load new nanite paste then the repaired ammount is much lower than t2 and you also lose. Ancilarry is good as secondary or terciary repairer not as primary and only one.
1 Like

226 dps (all 5) is not amazing for a destroyer, nice tank tho
Under 1 small neut pressure you got cap for 30s, after that no more repping and half dps lost
Drone boats are good 1v1 in general, not only you have the versatility of drones, but can also play with high slots.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.