ECM from Mission Rats

pve

(Arthur Hellsing) #1

ECM from NPC mission rats. Does your ship sensor strength help you from being jammed? I’m running 2 cebos in a Hecate for over 112 sensor strength. But still get jammed.
I’v run a mission with them turned off and was only jammed twice, while sometime when I have them running I get jammed 3 times.
Is it just RNG? Are they worth having at all vs lets say more cap recharges for a better PvE fit?

The missions I’m Running are the Gallente Faction Warfare Missions, shooting Caldari State Rats.

(Quelza) #2

Jamming is always RNG. You can tip the odds in your favor by boosting your ship’s sensor strength, but you are never guaranteed immunity from getting jammed.

(Arthur Hellsing) #3

Not really what I asked. I know that Jamming is RNG based, for PvP at least. I know how jamming works.
What I’m asking is does sensor strength “tip the odds in your favor” in PvE, because I haven’t noticed a difference between 20 strength vs 120 strength.
It feels more like the game picks a random number 1 to 8, if its 8 it jams you; disregarding your sensor strength completely.

(vr0p) #4

I dont know if rat EWar has ever been touched since their initial design. I remember player EWar like damps and webs getting heavily nerfed, and then scripts with their “either or” nature, and so on. Yet the rats still lay the pre-nerf smackdown, or at least that is my impression with pirate webs/damps/destabilizers

(Agondray) #5

the rats cheat, I have missions that perma jam by ships with 1 frigate, so I cheat too with bastion module

(Dark Engraver) #6

Old rat ewar has never been tweaked so that’s that.

(Kalpel) #7

Best way around this is a Bastion siege module, 100% resistance to ECM … activate it and LOL at ECM rats

(Gregorius Goldstein) #8

I switch from hecate to jackdaw in gurista space and kill jammers with auto targeting missiles.

(Nikea Tiber) #9

Actually, rat EWAR was tweaked- a long time ago rat EWAR always missed.

(colek) #10

Rat EWAR is actually really easy to get around, train Auto Target missiles, get a caldari/ minmitar missile bonus ship and lay the smack down, missions will take a little longer, but no need to worry about EWAR

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.