ECM is the weakest form of E-war

ECM is easy to negate

ECM is easy to counter

ECM only has two problems
100% jam chance
no stacking penalty

5 Likes

Do you have a single fact to back that up

go though all the other redundant ECM threads on this forum i have detailed it out including how to add a stacking penalty that not only works but works in a way that fits how ECM is already flown

More targeting speed, more targeting range, more lock slots for targets, resistance to ECM, Damps.

I don’t see the point of reduce target lock slots: On DPS ships, the necessary slot number to be “useful” is 1, ie the primary. On logistics and ewar ships, the necessary slot number is technically also only 1 because you can only meaningfully repair one ship only if they are under heavy attack, or you can put all your reps on the one target you can lock while other logi spread their repair modules. And for Ewar ships it is the same: You can damp, ecm, neut one target just fine.

2 Likes

Just use a Keres and force this paper tank ships to come closer.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work when you’re jammed at 1km.

Target switching is a discipline you should practice, yes you only really shoot one target at a time but splitting your neut on to another ship like logi or whatever while you dps the primary is an absolutely viable thing to do. Jumping between primaries matters a lot for the bigger fleets once alpha-strike potential is lost. You could technically burn a whole fleets local reps by switching targets and forcing them to rep, provided you know they cant kill you instantly, it makes them waste resources on over-repping, it can make anc reppers delay reloading while you spend 20s shooting something else, basically letting you catch the ship off guard and punch through any reps outstanding. Repeat for emphasis, target switching is a discipline you should practice.

Only the sig amp gives bonus slots. Sebo doesn’t. The resistance to damps is implicit, it gives you base lock range and scan res regardless of whether a damp is on you or not. By comparison, ECCM scripting a sebo provides absolutely no benefit whatsoever unless jams are on field (or you are trying to avoid being scanned down).

Man if you hate ECM, you are going to hate sensor damps…

I can lock you down to less than 20% of your original sensor range with the right ship fit.

2 Likes

Yes but that ship can still burn in your face and blast you to peice’s, countered by piloting which makes it a well designed e-war, for tracking disruptor’s you can use anti angular flying style (what most arty pilot’s use) to counter that as well.

lol If he can catch you. Most EWar boats can scoot.

1 Like

Would be cool if they added a much more fun e-war instead of ecm such as increasing the enemies mass from prop mod’s lol, they would have to keep switching off their prop mod in order to counter it for turning.

ECM isn’t terrible, ECM is hilarious. Hell, I wish more players would fly ECM boats. You really don’t see them as often as players think. Just counter it. Use drones, auto-target missiles, MJD, or simply burn out of range of it.

2 Likes

What if your tackled and in a gun ship? such as vagabond. Do you load auto tracking ammunition? Do you send your squad of 5 light drones to kill the falcon which would take an hour?

EWAR should not only be countered by bringing Gallente or Caldari you need to have all 4 race’s viable to fly. Could be why I see 90% drone ships everywhere.

Exactly. I am an EWar pilot. I fly Vigils, Griffs, and Maulus ships pretty often. Only recently started dabbling in weapon disruptors. But anyone who thinks ECM is OP, has it wrong. The cycle time is HORRIBLE, if you fail to jam you are toast. It is completely reliant on a dice roll to see if you are successful or not. Even if you have a 90% chance at jamming, there is still a 10% chance of not. And that would be the ONE time you need to jam the target.

God help you if you see a Gila, Dragoon, Argos, or any drone boat. Your 2 little high slots wont be enough to save you.

1 Like

Then use the MWD and burn out of range of the ECM boat. There’s not a Vagabond fit I’ve seen that doesn’t have one on it. If you are tackled, sorry for your luck. There’s some situations you just can’t get out of…

1 Like

Tackled means scramed :] so no mwd available.

Hell, carry a flight of ECM drones set to auto-aggress and try to jam the ECM boat that is jamming you long enough for you to get out of there…

2 Likes

True, but if you need ecm to counter ecm xD very ironic.

Like I said, some situations you just can’t get out of, especially if you aren’t prepared. If everything in EVE had a hard, 100% guaranteed counter, there would be no fights at all…

Are you actually trying to suggest if ECM didn’t jam people out completely the game would suffer a loss of pvp players?? Does this statement have any connection to this earlier statement?

1 Like

My point was that you can’t fit a ship to get out of every possible situation. If you could, there would be no point in fighting…