Ehp - pilot skills trained- ingame fitting window - zkillboard damage info etc

Would like to discuss about the ships defence ehp and the damage that it take or takes to break.

First up, I am no theory crafter and don’t plan to become one though I do respect their knowledge on the subject.

I had been looking over a particular zkill that displays Damage: 11,421
The fit in question was (removed the non related modules as those didn’t impact the ehp)

[Noctis, Noctis]
Damage Control II

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

/
Now looking at the various skills a brand new pilot might have when created on a account in a second or 3rd slot that doesn’t receive the 1million raf pilot SP at the get go. I wanted to see what was the minimum eph that could be shown if a pilot was able to undock with the above.

Shield Management lvl1
Tactical Shield Manipulation lvl1
Hull Upgrades lvl3
Mechanics lvl3

Then the ship eph would show

How approximate is that eph number really?

Would the importance of skilling into level 5 Tactical Shield Manipulation make up the difference between the displaced the approximate eph and the damage taken?

afik fitting tool calculate EHP for lowest resistance. So it simply show worst case scenario

A 100hp in shield armour and hull with 0/50/50/100 in shield and 100/50/50/0 in armour and 50/50/50/50 in hull will have 0 resitance in shield, 0 resitance in armor and 50% in hull in eve for the calculation. SO in eve this ship would have 400ehp

1 Like

Don’t confuse EHP (which takes resistances into account) with raw HP (which doesn’t). Killmails show the raw damage taken which, in the absence of repairs, would be the sum of the raw hull, armor and shield HPs, not the EHP.

Nope. That’s what the help article used to (incorrectly) say, don’t know if still does, but is not what the fitting window shows. What the fitting window shows is an EHP average equal to the EHP for incoming omni damage.

2 Likes

I had found one and been trying to create a google doc where I can add in details.

First up though my intentions for asking about Ehp will only be used to gain a advantage in a non pve scenario and that I had asked due to believing (& still believe) that pve focused players such as whom frequent PVE Ships & Modules are highly knowledgeable.

I want to thank both of you for replying.

Have you looked at Pyfa? I’ve just gotten it recently and in less than an hour of screwing about with one ship learned more than I have in ages using the simulator.
I’ve also found that the simulator is somewhat buggy, for example things refusing to slot in for no reason, or worse telling me my fit is fine when it’s powergrid (or what ever) is massively overloaded.
Pyfa isn’t as pretty but it is vastly more informative.
You can log into it and it will grab your skills and apply them to what you are doing, you can see what things like implants do directly and a lot of other stuff that can’t be seen or done in game.
And you don’t need to be a theory crafter to use it.

I see it there along with a few past forum threads on it, I didn’t wish to download it to pc, I do have a cpanel host where I can (could? or try to) install a python application.

cpanel
20+ years ago i would had been right over this, apparently I have become rather lazy in my later years.

I was sort of hoping that someone here might had already have something that tells me send two cats or send 4 cats.

https://github.com/Gochim/Pyfa/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Might be helpful

1 Like

I did however try to install it, the files are 100% in correct folders on my host

Error
//
Invalid requirement: ‘import os’ Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/compynne/virtualenv/eve-pyfa/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 82, in init req = Requirement(req) File “/home/compynne/virtualenv/eve-pyfa/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/requirements.py”, line 96, in init requirement_string[e.loc:e.loc + 8])) InvalidRequirement: Invalid requirement, parse error at “u’os’” You are using pip version 9.0.1,

/
installed shows It works! Python 2.7.18
but fails to run.

//
I will try again using that link @ github on the weekend, thanks.

5,415 shield hp + 2,530 armor hp + 3,680 hull hp = 11,625 total hp ~= 11,412 zkill number. dunno if they took a little damage before, or have slightly worse skills but raw hp numbers are raw hp numbers they don’t care about resists.

For the EHP I’m estimating average resists at ~50% so 11,625 / (1-.5) = 23250 which is just a touch above what the fitting window shows at 22,100 ehp (47.4% average resists) there are some glaring resist holes so there’s a lot depending on what they shoot you with. and not sure how the fitting window calculates ehp these days, there are a few ways to calculate ehp average resists is probably the most general. Can use certain damage types which is useful if you know what you are fighting, and lastly lowest resists which is a worst case.

So basically their ship(s) did 22k damage, the Noctis resisted ~50% of it, took 11,412 damage and blew up.

1 Like

If the incoming damage type is evenly spread across the 4 damage types (25% thermal, kinetic, explosive and EM) the EHP number is a perfect approximation.

If the incoming damage type is shooting into one of your higher resists, the approximation is low and your real EHP is higher.

If the incoming damage type is shooting into one of your lower resists, the approximation is too high and your real EHP is lower than shown.

2 Likes

Zkillboard.com only shows damaged taken before ship dies.

So danage resistances and repairs will push damage taken above ehp or if unlucky below if they hit your ship were its weak.

I lost an leshak that has an ehp of @140mil, but its zkill shows almost 350mil damage taken.

So as the others said zkill is pure damage taken after resistances and reps. to kill the fit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.