Encounter Surveillance System Update

Can we get some actual numbers on the main bank and the reserve bank? Im assuming loyalty points are also removed as of this change? Keys through gameplay on a later date? Just make it a data analyzer module. I like the current ESS system not this when its mandatory to have one in a system. If you feel like you want to change it just make it an optional like the Pirate detection array upgrades in a system.

If those gates to the snitch-device prohibits tech 3 sleeper cruisers, it may even be okay to have them.

2 Likes

Can I place a Keepstar next to it?

2 Likes

With this change please don’t show where the the hotspots are, The only chance this has of being balanced is to remove all ESI and in game map intel of PVE happening in nullsec. The hunters/attackers need to be forced to visit systems to see what’s going on.

24 Likes

this is a dumb idea even by CCP standards.

28 Likes

You will be able to decommission them through NPC market orders.

1 Like

LP is removed yes.

1 Like

avoid troll-like tactics

What constitutes “troll-like” tactics?

2 Likes

It better not include legitimate tactics like anchoring 149 bubbles around the edges of the 75km-radius warp disruption zone, as well as the warp-in point. :smirk:

10 Likes

149 bubbles? Sounds like something encouraging good fights!

1 Like

Why can’t you just leave the game alone for a bit? No sooner have we got used to one set of changes than there’s a whole gameplay style being imposed. Seems to me that in sov null it just adds unnecessary complexity, not conflict…

23 Likes

No, the tactic that will encourage good fights is bringing a rapier in, slow-boating just outside the grid, lighting a cyno and jumping in a half-dozen smartbombing titans, who can then slow-boat into the ESS grid and sit on the warp-in spot ready to obliterate thieves.

2 Likes

So where are the details? This dev blog is missing the information on how it works, what ships are allowed in, what the % breakdown of what gets withheld, if there is any benefit to this in terms of extra isk or lp. Very disappointing dev blog that tells us less than what we have already figured out.

10 Likes

I see no problem with artificially increasing the burn out range from 75km to 115km, immersion and all

What does that have to do with “immersion”, i’m curious.
is there a lore related reason for 115km?

it’s the size of the Large T2 anchorable + 75km.

I mean, it’s clearly stated as something encouraging good fights within these rules. So you are completely right.

HAHA to all you other player with your troll-like game behavior. Thinking EVE devs didn’t take favors in specific playstyles.

2 Likes

First of all … it’s always been a money earning tool.

Second of all has CCP actually turned it into a money-earning tool ever since CrimeWatch 2.0. It was just that people like yourself were the cows they milked. Now they’re turning their attention away from you, because you are not worth being kept around, because you suck and harm the game more than you do it any good.

You’re angry about them not seeing you as the cashcow anymore …
… which is no surprise, because you can’t even spell “you”.

15 Likes

I am very curious on a couple of things here. Hasn’t CCP always had the outlook that everyone should play their own way?

Isn’t null sec player owned space?

How come you’re forcing something to be spawned in a player owned system, not something policed, no security or anything else but there is going to be something forced to be there, nothing you can do about it other than accept it?

You messed with minerals and peeved people off, now you’re messing with peoples homes and peeving them off, is there some sort of secret agenda here or just intentionally wanting people to leave?

Thanks

40 Likes

Just to clarify. I don’t really care about this change at all.

I’m just puzzled to why you choose to call certain tactics “troll-like” when these were allowed and within the rules of the system you designed yourself? Maybe design your systems better, instead of calling out specific playstyles as “trollish”?

7 Likes