Endless loading in launcher

started today, launcher starts normally, i punch in pass as normal, and my accounts show up as normal, only with an overlaying cog with “loading” underneath. just me?

Same issue. Launcher was fine yesterday but just sits loading after login today.

edit - also it works fine if I go for the test server. No loading gear cog spinning endless. Just can’t get into tranquility.

Same here.

Loged in yesterday without any problem, did my PI and closed the game but launcher was still open.
Later i got a msg, think it was something with font certificate was wrong, and today when i started my
launcher i had to log in with username and pasword (usually safed) after i hit enter i had the same problem.
I see both accounts, and a cogwheel over it says “Loading” and can’t start my game.

Found a workaround - go to “Open Settings” and click/unclick the “Automatically launch game on login”. The game launched for me, but logging out and trying it again doesn’t make it automatically launch, had unclick it again to get in. Weird but I’m in Eve now so yeah

solution

That worked for me, ty.

Was having this problem the whole night too. And just found out the solution. Simple one, actually:
Open Settings -> Shared Cache Settings -> “Fix permissions of cached folder”. gg.

1 Like

Aristaar Burkh
Was having this problem the whole night too. And just found out the solution. Simple one, actually:
Open Settings -> Shared Cache Settings -> “Fix permissions of cached folder”. gg.

this worked for me. thanks for the work around, hope this continues to work.

well…worked yesterday. Today is back to the same problem AND my workaround isn’t solving the problem this time. Really, who the hell program such ■■■■? Should reevaluate his/her life choice of being a developer.

I luv how CCP is just silent… as if nothing is happening.

■■■■ them. If there isn’t a response at the least within the hour I’m cancelling all subs until they pull their heads out of their asses.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys launching the game via Steam? If so, I always get an account login prompt before the “loading” bug. If I click “Cancel” instead of attempting to log in an account, I am presented with my accounts to log in without the loading animation appearing, thus bypassing the problem.

Hello everyone!

Short version:
Playing Eve Online over Steam looks broken right now!

The long one:
I can confirm that, i was wondering why 28.000 players were online and just a few were screaming that they can’t log in.
Yes i used the Steam Launcher, then i uninstalled the game (maybe not needed) and downloaded the Launcher straight
from the website.
Within the installation i got a question if i want to use the steam shared files and after saying no the installation was
complete. My accounts were already in the new launcher, why ever and i had no problems to log in.

Thanks man. This works for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.