EVE after death

There is no law about just giving your ships and Isk to a player You could use the skill injectors to move skill points over to a friend.

If i buy a load of plex with real money then that plex becomes a part of my estate upon death. So n theory i should be able to bequeath it to whomever i want.

2 Likes

Because you do not own your account or any of the items/characters/etc. CCP owns EVE, the only thing you have is temporary permission to use CCP’s property. It’s like if you have a favorite restaurant and always sit at the same table. You can call it “your table” all you like, but if you die you don’t get to pass it on to your heirs and declare that nobody else can ever sit there.

Nope. You can not buy PLEX as your own property. You pay CCP cash to make a change to the character stats in the game that they own. At no point do you ever obtain possession of anything in a legal sense.

But I do own the plex i buy with real money. When i bought all seasons of SG1 from Itunes for £85quid years ago I have rights to a digital copy of all episodes. So when I die i will pass on my itunes account and hope my kids don’t delete em.

1 Like

No you don’t, just like you don’t own the GPS you paid a car rental company to put in the car you’re renting for a weekend. You are paying CCP for the temporary use of a service, no matter how many feature upgrades you pay for you still don’t own anything.

Right but I PAY for this account. I don’t pay for a table. If I had a table I payed a subscription for then I would imagine I could bequeath that subscription to that table, assuming it was active at the time I died.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t work that way. You pay to rent access to CCP’s service for one person. There is nothing to inherit because your heir is not the person who was granted access.

Right guys we need a space lawyer.

Everyone is talking about a table in a restaurant and now I’m hungry!

1 Like

I could go for some space bacon. But in all seriousness, I’d like some clarification from the DEVs/Owners. Can your assets / account be put in your will? I think this is a question worth answering! Because if you CAN then you just send it to whoever you want. if you CANT then you give everything to somebody before you think you’re going to bite it…

2 Likes

Everything you play in this game is the property of CCP

I’m not sure where digital purchasing comes in though it has to be a grey area, not something my parents or grandparents had to deal with if you get my drift.

When you buy software you are paying to use it you don’t own it

if I have access to somebody’s PC and they die and I use their PC. Am I really breaking the EULA for Microsoft’s OS?

1 Like

Hello! Here is the EULA. If you’ll notice section three, it states
ACCOUNT TRANSFER / CHARACTER TRANSFER

You are not permitted to transfer your Account to another person.

So no, no transfers, please.

4 Likes

Ok look at it like this, you die and all your stuff stays on the server costing ccp real life cash to keep the data there for years and years. Bringing them absolutely no cash inflow at all, you bequeeth the acc bringing in a new generation of player that will hopefully splash the cash for another couple of decades bringng ccp a new inflow of the green stuff. That policy needs to change imo ISD Dorim Barsterlode xD

1 Like

This is the key part.

Your account is NOT your asset. It and everything you own in eve belongs to CCP. Not you.

This is clearly stated in EULA.

Nope.

Nope.

Don’t bother wasting time listening to these wanna be experts on CCP’s policy, just contact CCP directly and ask them.

By the way, CCP wouldn’t know if you willed your account to another person. The payment info can be changed at any time so that’s no problem. The only issue I can see would be the Email address associated with the account, course that can probably be changed as well.

1 Like

So I can transfer my items / Isk/ SP. but not account to somebody after death then?