EVE Anywhere’s In-Browser Streaming Service to Cease Operations May 24

You might be surprised, but there are other OSes than Win and macOS outside your appartment.

1 Like

I just started EVE a few months ago and use this feature on my iPad with a keyboard and mouse…

2 Likes

You know, you can run EVE on Linux easily via Steam?

1 Like

I know that i SHOULD be able to, but it just doesnt work with my hardware. i tried it for many many hours. not only steam but lutris, wine and all other suggested methods.
At the end i will probably install win again .

And no setting up my own service and using ‘rdp’ isn’t a comparable solution.

I’ve used amazon workspaces in the past not sure if it will still work. The plans are reasonable. I know its an additional expense but they have a few different plans etc.

I recently tried a login on eve anywhere and saw it was shutting down so I am reinstalling on my amazon workspace I will let you know how it works out… I believe they have an ondemand plan thats like $9 month or something

Why wait for the 24th when we can do it today?

3 Likes

I understand they have to do this ,but when it comes back can they add walking in stations your ship and being able to land on planets?

No. Those are not coming back, or being featured

1 Like

Hmm, appears its already dead? I get an incompatible build message

1 Like

It seems they killed it 13 days earlier than their announcement. I got ‘Incompatible Build’ yesterday and assumed it was due to an update so I gave it a day. Tried again after DT today and the same thing. Really sucks because I’m on vacation for 3 weeks and I was able to at least log in with my iPad to collect my anniversary rewards and do a bit of mining. Why announce a specific date you’re ending this when there is no intention to keep the build updated until the announced date?

3 Likes

Damn, I just started the other day and just saw this when browsing the website and got excited cuz I work an office job. I ended up subbing just now and got hit with the “May 24th were closing it” big rip

2 Likes

Actually. CCP is keeping zkill in business. Thats how it works. CCP has done fine since november w/o zkill. Zkill wouldnt exist without CCP. LAWL

RL nanite rot.

As messaged in the original post of this thread, from today (Monday May 22) PLEX payments will no longer be accepted through EVE Anywhere.

EVE Anywhere will discontinue this week on May 24.

1 Like

Ahhh the Con Chain Launcher noone wants.

Gotcha

2bad they stop this eve anywhere. Now i have to use Geforce Now again but that has waiting times

You’ll be sad to know that EVE works perfectly on Linux by installing it via Steam. Just enable Proton on Linux steam, and play away. You’re welcome.

1 Like

Thank you for your service.
Oh-seven EVE Anywhere.

o7 EVE ANYWHERE…

any chance that we get some statistics here ?

After today, May 24, EVE Anywhere, the service enabling EVE Online to be played in-browser, will be discontinued.

Sincere thanks to all the pilots who have played EVE Online via Anywhere.

o7

3 Likes