EVE Auth - Discord Bot

IMPORTANT

This bot is now deprecated and has a successor! Please read EVE Auth - Discord Bot for details.

UPDATE: Using this bot is free for now. It’ll stay free until the new bot is out of beta.

This is a public hosted auth-bot for authenticating your discord users against their ingame characters, nothing else. It can assign roles based on group membership (in Corporation, Alliance, Coalition, Faction, etc.), standings and corporation roles (Director, Accountant, etc.). If you want, it will also create hoist roles based on the name of the Corporation, Alliance or Coalition the characters are in. It can also change the discord nicknames of your users to their ingame character names.

This bot is meant for smaller corporations and alliances who do not have the infrastructure to host the various other bots that are out there or don’t want to have a complicated setup. In exchange for the hosting, the bot has a monthly fee of 10 PLEX’s worth. With the current PLEX price that will be around 28m – 29m ISK per month, which should be cheap enough. There are no size restrictions and you won’t have to pay more for bigger servers.

For now I have added a free month that will start as soon as the Bot joins your server. Enough time to play around and see if this lives up to your expectations. Suggestions and feature requests are of course welcome.

The configuration page will give you a lot of freedom with how you can manage your stuff. If you have any questions, join me on the development server and ask away. I will be glad to help.
https://discord.gg/CjXDjfD

How do I make this bot join my discord server?
You have to be the owner of the server. Just click the following link, log in to your discord account and select the server you want the bot to join.
See: EVE Auth - Discord Bot

What permissions does the bot need?
The bot does need a role with the Administrator privilege. Make sure the role you give the bot is positioned higher than the roles you want it to manage. The bot can not assign roles to your members that are higher than its own highest role.

br

How do people authenticate themselves on my server?
Enter !auth in any channel on your discord server. The Bot will send you a private message with a link. Follow the link, log in and choose your character.

How can I configure the bot?
Enter !config in a chat channel on your discord server. You will receive a private message with the configuration link. This link is for one-time use and will expire after you configured the bot for security reasons. You need to request a new link every time you want to change the configuration.

How can I check my payment status?
Enter !credit in a chat channel on your discord server. You will receive details on how long the bot will keep running with your current credit, what the current PLEX price is and where you need to direct the payment towards and with what reason.

Why should I trust you?
If you don’t, then don’t use this bot. If operational security is of utmost importance to you, your corporation or alliance will use its own bot anyway. This bot was made for people that do not or can not host stuff on their own servers or do not want to follow a complicated setup routine. I have no use for your standings and corporation roles and I do not read your discord messages.

— Bot-Commands —

!auth
Authenticate your discord user with your ingame character.
Can be used by: Everyone

!credit
Check the current credit of your server, how long the bot will still run and how to pay for more time. It can take up to 1 hour for new payments to be acknowledged.
Can be used by: Everyone

!config
Configure the bot.
Can be used by: Owner, Bot Operators

!activate
Shortcut to activate the bot.

!deactivate
Shortcut to deactivate the bot.

3 Likes

Bump for this bot

Now running on 3 servers, no bugs so far.

Quick bump.
Nexus has done a great job with the bot

Very nice bot!

Fixed a few bugs and added payment reminders. Now running on 7 servers.

Well Done, Setting this up now for my corp, is there any chance of allowing hoisting by role? aka Directors, Miners, Ratters etc? Loving the bot! great work again!

Repo?

is there any chance of allowing hoisting by role? aka Directors, Miners, Ratters etc?

Do you mean hoisting by title? Currently you can assign roles based on the ingame roles you are able to give your members.

Those roles are…

• Accountant
  • Auditor
  • Communications Officer
  • Config Equipment
  • Config Starbase Equipment
  • Contract Manager
  • Diplomat
  • Director
  • Factory Manager
  • Fitting Manager
  • Junior Accountant
  • Personnel Manager
  • Rent Factory Facility
  • Rent Office
  • Rent Research Facility
  • Security Officer
  • Starbase Defense Operator
  • Starbase Fuel Technician
  • Station Manager
  • Terrestrial Combat Officer
  • Terrestrial Logistics Officer
  • Trader
  • Account Take 1
  • Account Take 2
  • Account Take 3
  • Account Take 4
  • Account Take 5
  • Account Take 6
  • Account Take 7
  • Container Take 1
  • Container Take 2
  • Container Take 3
  • Container Take 4
  • Container Take 5
  • Container Take 6
  • Container Take 7
  • Hangar Query 1
  • Hangar Query 2
  • Hangar Query 3
  • Hangar Query 4
  • Hangar Query 5
  • Hangar Query 6
  • Hangar Query 7
  • Hangar Take 1
  • Hangar Take 2
  • Hangar Take 3
  • Hangar Take 4
  • Hangar Take 5
  • Hangar Take 6
  • Hangar Take 7

Identifying a character as Director is relatively easy based on these ingame roles, but identifying them as Miners and Ratters is not possible, unless they have distinct access rights (such as miners have access to hangar 1 and ratters have access to hangar 2). Reading the corporation titles of characters is currently not included, but would certainly be possible. I can add that feature if needed.

Repo?

There is none currently. The plan was to publicly host this bot, so there is no self-hosting option and no public repository with the source code. Maybe after I feel confident enough to put it out of beta. I’ll have to look into that.

Confident enough to charge for use, but not confident enough to release source code?

:thinking:

Not sure what the cost of hosting has to do with releasing the source code. It’s not like I’m making a ton of ISK with that.

I never planned for a release because the intention behind this bot was an easy setup. You click a link and you are done, as opposed to getting a server and setting up the environment and the database. I’d have to write a setup guide for that and take the different linux distros and windows in mind. I’m not sure I want to do that. The code as it is now is not easily portable for self hosting.

The possibility to assign roles based on Factional Warfare enlistements has been added.

Cool bot, I do wish the backend was open sourced though. It would be nice to verify what the bot is doing with the tokens/data collected.

Is there a way to change the operator (the !) for this bot yet? I would love to be able to modify this as I have so many bots and they ALL use the same operator. I am trying to get them all on different operators but this one seems to be overriding others when I am trying to get to the configuration.
I love the bot otherwise. Works great and plan on keeping it.

Operators are just a list of people who are allowed to configure the bot. There is an option in the configuration for that.

Unbenannt

When you click in the input field, a drop down menu with the people on your discord server should open. Select the ones that you want to allow to configure the bot and save the configuration. After that, they will be able to use the !config, !activate and !deactivate commands.

Important to know is, that only the owner of the discord server will have initial access to the bot configuration. He will have to add operators to the list. After that, any operator can add more operators.

EDIT 1: Reading this again I think what you meant was the prefix for commands, not the bot operators. I will look into adding an option for that.

EDIT 2: Done. There is an option now to set your own prefix if you don’t want to use an exclamation mark (!) and would rather prefer to start commands with something else.

Unbenannt

Can this bot synchronise thith coorporation website… Or it not have this thing… ?

Does the bot have some problems currently? Two of my new Discord members doesn’t get their authentification and stay without roles.

it might have been related to the ESI being down on Sunday.

I’m currently re-programming this bot from the ground up. New plugin system, role management and a graphical programming interface for whatever conditions you need. Just drag and drop an ESI Endpoint and do with it whatever you want.

The plan is to support every possible ESI Endpoint that makes sense for a bot, including the ones for fleet management. Also planning to include paypal support, because some people asked for it for their servers. Still got some work to do, but it’s slowly taking form.

Everyone who’s currently using this bot will be switched over to the new one when it’s done. No action required. Your configurations will be migrated.

Just a heads up, because I’ve been a bit quiet lately.

2 Likes

Great bot, works as advertised.

Updated back-end looks great already; corp-ticket based roles would be fantastic for our use, together with the Title to group members more logically.

Keep up the great work!