Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

Hey,

Team Security is still here. I know we’ve been quiet for some time now. We’re going to have a dev-blog out SOON TM, because there sure is a lot to talk about. We’re committed to getting this out by the end of the year.

CCP has banned ~23,000 accounts this year, so we’re not snoozing. There have however been major changes (and increased load) following Ascension, we are making some adjustments as such. More on that later.

Botting is 100% not allowed on TQ. There is no such thing as a good bot to CCP.
I’ve seen a few threads about botting recently on reddit, and it’s clear that there is a demand for more action. In general, you won’t find the security team posting on reddit, although we do lurk around in the shadows…
My message is this: we hear you, and we are working on exciting new ways to catch and ban cheaters.

Please, feel free to email security at ccpgames.com directly with bot reports. This inbox is monitored daily, but we do get a lot of emails - so replies may not be sent depending on the circumstances.

Obligatory policy quotes:
See section 6. A. 3 of our EULA:
You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula-en/

See also our Suspension and Ban policy, section 1. F.
“An immediate permanent ban of an account may result if a player is found to be:
A player has created, distributed or advertised an illegal 3rd party program (i.e. macro or cheat program) that disrupts game mechanics, is considered unfriendly or gives an unfair advantage by misusing game features in a way for which they were not intended.”

Thank you and fly safe out there!

43 Likes