Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

Ander Che is atm in haajinen.:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

You can see them flying around. The harder part is finding the nests.

1 Like

Wow, thanks Nana!

Damn never thought I’d ever be considered ‘heroic’. Just wanted to do something about it. Blowing ■■■■ up is the Eve way of dealing with problems, no?

1 Like

How about a “RAID” launcher? Heheh…

RaidLogo

2 Likes

Quote salad

1 Like

Profit drives us, binds us and in the dark finds us…

We glee, we squee, we want the big Z!!

Please God no. I wanted to do the ‘10,000 Ore’ part of the Arms Race event the other day, and the first 7 systems I went to had no rocks left in any of the belts, and there was an NPC mining fleet in each one. One of the belts had 2 NPC mining fleets in it … I counted 21 NPC mining ships in that one single belt … :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Instead of redesigning belts and making bonus mining gameplay in addition to regular mining to make it more interesting and give incentives to more human competition and fleeting in mining belts, they just throw bunch of NPC bot miners you have to compete with, and they suck belts 24/7. Then they introduce more mining missions that dont provide any regular ores for people and industry and think its of any use while its just a detached gameplay where all you bring to the table is some one-shooty SKINS from lp store, maybe you could only reprocess the ship it comes with, but its not efficient. CCP aquired some deep intelectual weakness.

1 Like

I havent looked into it at all but are they protected? Whats the story in regards to ripping them a new one?

There is problem that you want to mine, and you log in and asteroids are not there. Some NPCs mined it while you have been away. I remember they were sucked dry before NPCs but I knew who to blame. Humans. Now I cant wardec or join NPC fleet. I can shoot it but they all fly away and return after some time, or the next day. There is no message from them “Come join us” or “stop mining my asteroid!” its just pixels. Sad, automated pixels you cant chat with.

3 Likes

Yeah but can I blow them up?

Yes, there is response fleet tho and its purely “dont mess with our bots” bot fleet. They drop nothing.

The loot is in the hauler. This Hauler is the reason why would you want to fight these bots in the first place. It can be just ganked with a proper ship and you can get away then from response fleet.

I would leave the hauler coming and going from station to station and response fleet for it, but the rest is bad.

1 Like

I like explosions. I shall experiment with this.

1 Like

They call in a pretty nasty support fleet if you shoot at them. I’ve seen videos of someone using an 800 DPS Hecate to take out their hauler, loot it and escape just before the support fleet arrives (the haulers can drop SKINs etc).

Shooting at the mining ships at all makes them leave that system, so that’s one way to remove them for a time. The problem is, as Nana said, they suck belts dry 24/7 while you are offline and you can’t even blame another player for it and as above, I think the spawns are a bit out of control. There should never be 21 of them in a single belt.

2 Likes

Bots are a bad thing for way too many reasons to list.

Alpha toons or trial accounts make little difference for some bot features. But given the increasing skill range and not having to wait for skills each replacement. Yes probably more bot problem with alpha (as always with free access to games, it brings a lot of bad things).

However, just because you log in and stay online doesn’t make you a bot. If this is the kind of “evidence” you base the accusations on, they are worthless (fx looks like you been online as well all the time to have those logs to investigate).

As for opinion on CCPs actions, CCP seem to grow more incompetent every second.

You should have been anti-bot to begin with, instead of “I dont care if people other than me and my friends bot, even if its against the terms we all agreed to”.

These people doing this did and do care, and thats why this content was created.
Whereas you didnt.

Yeah but not by you, was it?

You just talk about doing things and demand other people jump to your tune.

Someone gave me a reason to care and so I did.

Also, WTF has CODE to do with this?

You are starting to soun like DInsdale and his Goon obsession,

1 Like

They care because bots are wrecking the game, and hence do this.
You didnt.

CODE is dedicated against bots and bot-aspirants.

Given I have started at doing some of the content they have suggested, this is an inaccurate analysis.

They gave me content.

You gave me dumb.

They won my heart :stuck_out_tongue:

As for CODE; Im not in it and I dont do the things they say not to do so why should I care beyond that?

You didnt care. and because you didnt, this never occurred to you.