Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

lol, no permits. Just destruction. Except for Crimewatch (and whacked standings hits) it is about as exciting as shooting those NPC haulers. Not much loot though, so thanks for the donation!

1 Like

Dec 12 was a bad day for a bot farmer in Umokka. Used my last ships just as the bot train came to a screeching halt. Pretty sure I know who the farmer is too. Got you marked there buddy.

Curiously, there was a botting Viator there. I knew I should have brought those Tornados :wink:
That trade-window trick worked on the Viator though. The greys in the pic are the bots stopped in station.

2 Likes

Those bots have moved up the EC- pipe now. Running out of Oipo or Nonni most likely.

1 Like

Hmmm is there an intel channel or something that could be used to keep a track of them? Or are there just so many we can just lift a rock?

1 Like

Not that Im aware of but theres only so many stations with certain rewards. Figure out the rewards and you can use info to figure out where theyll move around. :wink:

2 Likes

Good idea!

Mind sharing more details? :thinking:

1 Like

Where hauler bots are identified, depending upon the script that they are using, as they dock immediately open a trade window with them and leave it open, it disrupts the script and causes the bot to sit in station. Catch enough of them and then go afk for 6 hours, rinse and repeat or have someone else take over

2 Likes

Why wouldnt this work for market bots as well? The trade window idea that is.

2 Likes

It depends on how the bot is programmed and designed. Remember bots are simply programs that run a predefined series of commands or clicks. The trick works because the trade window blocks some part of the bot’s commands. In other words,the trade window blocks the bot from say clicking undock and no action in the bot’s script would dismiss the trade window. Whether that would happen on a marketing bot, it again depends on how it is programmed.

2 Likes

Hats off to all the players who have stepped up and directly addressed the bot problem by taking actions themselves👏. I know that Team Security has promised a huge change in their actions against the bots, but it currently feels like the EVE ship has been taking on water for years in the form of bots and CCP is waiting for the water to come over the railing before they undertake damage control. There are several reasons that we see such large inflation problems in certain aspects of EVE, but these armies of bots running rampant through all aspects of the game must have a significant effect. Unless things improve, those lifeboats are going to be real crowded.

1 Like

CCP will just add more NPC miners and more NPC traders to get rid of the competition.

2 Likes

Look, just becaise the bots aren’t being banned tue moment they are spotted does not mean CCP is doing nothing. They are most likely going after bigger fish.

Look, why do people bot… To make isk. But why do they want to make isk? For many of us, the growth of our wallet is enough but unless you are really cash strapped or stink at EVE, that is accomplishable without bots. Even if you just want to make isk yo PvP, your bot actions will be limited. You aren’t setting up a bot far to cover the costs of the frigates you lose on faction warfare.

Instead, the bot farms are most likely set up by people trying to make money selling isk illegally, in other words, those seeking RMT.

If you just ban the bot accounts, what do you accomplish? A slight break while the farmer sets up again. You can keep repeating but so will they and the isk will still be made and transferred. Instead you want to go down the isk trail and ban the bankers or other accounts that hold the money. So tracking that may take awhile… Especially if cash outs are slow.

And this is EVE… If all it took to ban say Sort or The Mittani was to start a bot farm and transfer them the isk, it would have been done by now. More likely, the investigation takes time as CCP wants to catch everyone but not bad false positives or the like.

But that is the problem. CCP has had YEARS since the last great bot purge. It is true that they have purged many accounts, but the problem is growing and with the recent changes, have greatly accelerated. They have had plenty of time to trace the RMT people, as well as the “personal” bot fleet runners, and take sweeping action. Every week that CCP delays, the cheaters profit and grow stronger and better prepared to return and resume their actions.

I understand that CCP has a strategy to combat the problem, but based on some of their past strategies and their subpar results, I question if their current decisions are the right ones.

1 Like

10 hauler bots in Airkio are still operating out of Airkio II - Sukuuvestaa Corporation factory. It appears opening a trade window with them to stop their scripts no longer works, obviously their operator has come up with a solution.

The 43 hauler bots which were operating in Itamo have moved since being ganked there many times (thanks). They are now operating from Hurtoken IV - Moon 7 - Perkone Warehouse

Of the group that were in Umokka - still looking for where they’ve moved to

Found another group, everyone of these were made exactly 17 days ago, 16 Total in this group - running from Poinen II - Moon 3 - Expert Distribution Retail.

All hauler alts are Alphas.

Have I missed any on mass hauler bot rings operating that people know of? what about other regions, are any likely there?

Of the 97 market bots I know of 49 are currently logged into Jita local -

Just for info, I looked back over my tickets and it was on the 12th of July by way of ticket and email direct to CCP security team, that I identified and informed them of multiple accounts botting numerous items, listing items, names of toons and also how to spot them which isn’t hard - 6 months later they are still operating on the same items.

Its now 6 weeks since I resubmitted a total of 51 names of toons botting the Jita market, 37 of which had clear multiple RMT contract histories. They are ALL still operational.

Nice job CCP, proud of you

Wanda Fayne took up the mantle of ganking the hauler bots - I gave him a bill isk for his troubles and he put it to good use. I would like to see other players do the same and either start ganking these bots, I can give names / locations, or donate isk to Wanda Fayne or whoever they feel can do the job.

6 months I’ve been reporting them and during that time they’ve done nothing, absolutely nothing- so how long do you think they need for their master plan and why not hit those they can see here and now, and when they come back hit them again, they are brazen with their botting and aren’t hard to find, either hauling or market botting. Instead they ignore bot reports, tickets and their player base as a whole.

You keep kidding yourself they have this in hand and its been their plan all along, but it smells of melt-down and bad management to me.

5 Likes

No kidding - I also gave them the name of one toon that had over a trillion isk of RMT contracts against his contracts - two months later he was still operating. When I posted his name on the forum, pow, within an hour the contracts stopped.

And what of those hundred odd players in his contract history that bought isk of him, yeah, I can tell you they are quaking in their boots, so much so when you bring up the buyers recent contract histories you can see many of them have bought more isk from other ‘seller’ toons - so I doubt not a single one had any isk clawed back, even when the toon was finally banned

I don’t blame you, I used to think like you six months back, not now

5 Likes

I too gave 1 Billion ISK to Wanda Fayne. Good job ganking those bots. :ok_hand:

WTF CCP?! :psyccp::psyccp::psyccp:

1 Like

I am reaching out to my contacts at PC Gamer (finally met one of them in Iceland during Fan fest) and working up an article. I can see nothing is being done so I am going to make a statement about it. I will be reaching out to CSM members for questions and comments, gathering as much evidence as possible, and presenting the facts alone. If they think the article is worth running then hopefully we will gain some traction. This is obviously becoming a more serious issue with every passing day, especially with Serenity in the toilet.

3 Likes

I hope you guys would consider mentioning the good work of the Anti-Bot crews, and perhaps this will encourage others to explore this content (Bot Exploding/Obstructing) and see what other activities can be employed in this endeavor

3 Likes

That should be the obvious thing, to describe players fighting with bots as heroic. Dirty botters should be described as the plague and CCP as slowpokes. :psyccp:

3 Likes