Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

Thanks Mathra!

Trust me that will be well used in our fight against this lowlife botting scumbag :grin:

At least we get to shoot the bungdiddlers. If we could just volley those market bots…

1 Like

My pleasure, for the first time in a number of months something happened in Eve which brought a smile to my face :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s so cute the CEO is trying to protect his bot farm :blush:

1 Like

Poor bot CEO has been spamming criminal noobships to keep concord on his station.

2 Likes

If they move just use locator agents :slight_smile:

Seems like good game content you found. Nice work!

1 Like

Found another courier bot ring in Poinen after a combined effort (thank you Wanda Fayne) shut down the botter in Itamo. The Poinen bot farm uses the exact same script, pods continue to run courier missions after being ganked.

There is also a third botting ring using badgers in Airkio. The Airkio bots use a different script, if you are quick with inviting to trade when the bot enters the station, the window stops the scripts. Once you have a block (6 to 8) of them stuck in station, when you undock, the whole fleet leaves with you. I will post a screen shot tomorrow if the Poinen farm swaps to hobo fits.

3 Likes

Found another operation in Umokka, at Umokka X- Moon 6 Top Down station.
Same basic script, even saw one of the bot characters from our other adventure in Itamo.

Talked to some of the residents in Local and some of them are aware of the botting too (and some mining bots were mentioned as well). Other people were surprised and had no idea that this was happening right under their noses.

This is a screen grab from a video. I am just sitting on the undock at exactly the point the bots turn to warp to the gate. Almost every single bot bumps my ship, while the human players easily avoid it on the out dock.

2 Likes

Great work, bot hunters.

2 Likes

Looks like fun.

If Id been sold on this rather than being ranted at I could see some good content in this.

1 Like

I re-post my post as above - If you feel strongly about bots and believe their is no place for them in this game, then please show your appreciation and assist in the anti-bot cause by signing here and donating some isk, no matter how small as it all adds up, to either Wanda Fayne or Sir SmasAlot.

Just to emphasis, these are not players but bot farms which have been running for months and have been reported to CCP but to date nothing has happened with them - your funds will go towards ganking the bots on the ground and disrupting their operation which DOES have a negative effect on the game

We can’t do anything about the plague of bots in the Jita market but we can do something about these

My post from above:

"1 billion sent to wanda fayne for their good work in ganking the bots in Itamo

They will likely move their operations, agents permitting, or eventually lay quiet for a day or two. If they do and you can keep up the good work when they return it would be appreciated - perhaps others who feel the same as me could also do something worthwhile and donate to the cause

Now, if only I could gank the 49 known market bots which are currently logged-in in Jita which I reported to CCP 7 weeks ago along with supporting evidence … sigh"

4 Likes

How can responsible CCP devs not feel bad now? How?

3 Likes

Pathetic display by CCP!!!

:hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::sushing_face::clown_face::explodyparrot::psyccp::psycsm::facepalm:

1 Like

Btw all these bots are seeming to run for stations with the Caldari Navy Ballistics Control Unit 5-run bpc as a reward. Look for such sales in large quantities on the Jita markets.

2 Likes

I shall purchase an Anti-Botting Permit forthwith.

THIS is much more like it.

2 Likes

Brilliant.

1 Like

Just went over to Airkio II - Sukuuvestaa Corporation factory and found the bots as promised there.

watched them for 30 minutes going backwards and forth and then opened a trade window and again as promised they stopped operating and sat in station -

All these toons were made on exactly the same day - 11th Oct 2017 and much thought went into their naming :grinning:

Anyway, going afk for an hour, then will do the same after downtime - no doubts their operator will find a work around eventually, but until then, if you happen to be passing near to this system and they are operating, feel free to dock in the station and block their operation with an afk alt

4 Likes

Sounds like just the job for Billy!

1 Like

Thank you for following up with that courier bot nest in Airkio!

Looks like the courier bots in Poinen have reshipped and continue to truck around like nothing has happened. More anti-matter is exactly what the doctor ordered.

The courier bots based in Itamo are not in the area, I will have to run some locators to see if they are just offline, or have moved.

1 Like

Thank you for the call for support Mathra,

It does not really matter which GIMA agent is provided an ISK donation for these operations, @Wanda_Fayne is just as good as any other.

But if someone wants to donate ISK, or better yet ships and equipment such as Vexors, Cats, Tornados and gear towards fitting them you can send contracts to the Executor Corporation of the Greater Itamo Mafia alliance. We would greatly appreciate the assistance in these Anti-Bot operations.

To back up Sir Smashalot, yes it would seem we have for now stopped the plague in Itamo(Ruomo) cold.
A hearty :+1: to all involved and those supporting our efforts.

1 Like

Did you try to block/confuse them with trade windows? Maybe this works here too …

3 Likes