Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

Then why when confronted with genuine apathy to the problem you attack the person with that opinion rather than try to get them to see it from your point of view?

Being hostile does nothing to help your cause. If anything it hinders it.

My answer: Its a problem for people who feel strongly about it but until I see a reason to get off my ass and help, its not a problem to me.

I didnt attack your person, I attacked your views and told you where you can shove them. Its not my responsibility to get you to change your views. The contracts we both agreed to say botting is illegal. You may not care about people violating that, but you did agree it is illegal to do so.

You have already agreed that it is illegal. I dont need to convince you of that.

If you dont care about people breaking the terms we all agreed to, thats your choice.

Then by your own definition you feel the rules dont apply to you. You dont feel required to get others to follow your view, but I have to?

You are such a hypocrit Salvos.

The same terms we agreed to apply to me, same as everyone else.

My view is that botting is illegal. That is the view we all agreed to when we signed the contracts.
Are you saying you dont agree with that anymore?

You said the rules force me to care. They why dont they force you to make me care hmm?

At the end of the day you would rather rant on about this than het people together and do something about it.

You are detrimental to the cause of the anti-botter, and probably worse than my not caring about how many or few there are.

You know what I care about? Fun and explosions.

If you had got me in by talking about blasting bots, Id have started doing that a week ago. But no youd rather do what you are doing than take action.

And what your doing in no way makes me want to help you or change my mind.

You can say “I dont care about that” if you like, but what aboutvthe next time it happens with someone?

You gonna try to wind up another potetial helping hand?

No.
I said you agreed that botting is illegal.
Do you no longer agree with that?
Or do you not care that botting is illegal, despite agreeing it is illegal?

Seems strange to me, to not care about an act that you agree is illegal.
Maybe thats just me.

See now you are just lying to defend an indefensible position.

You categorically did say the rules forced me to care and I was breaking the EULA by not caring.

You have nothing of value to offer.

I shall continue to neither help nor hinder the bots, and if their continued existence hurts your pride somehow then I wish them the best.

1 Like

Do you agree that botting is illegal?
Do you care about the rules anymore?
Do you care if I or others illegally break the terms you, I and them agreed to?

Simple questions, Ramona.
Yes or no will suffice, but feel free to elaborate.

Its not an issue of my pride. Bots dont hurt my pride, they hurt the game.
Its an issue of illegally violating the rules you, I and they agreed to.
Its pretty sad that you would wish botters the best.
So much for not caring, or indifference.
Now you demonstrably endorsed botters, and their illegal activity.

Then by your understanding of the EULA as you have explained it to me, you are required to report me, arent you?

No, Im not required to report you for anything.

But you have yourself stated you wish the best to, and thus endorse, the persons that violate the terms you, I and they have agreed to.

And you say this is a breach of EULA?

Then by what you have already stated, you believe you KNOW someone is complicit in botting (and youve stated you think Im a botter several times in no uncertain terms). If you KNOW this then you are complicit in my alleged bottimg activity. By your own admission you are required to care i.e. report it.

Face it you either need to drop the act or do it.

Yes, botting is a breach of TOS/EULA.

Do you no longer agree it is so, though you signed to agree it is so?

Still waiting on you reporting me.

Or are you retracting your accusations against me?

What accusations?

Your own words are testimony of your own views.

You wished botters the best, despite you having agreed to the same TOS/EULA terms as you, I and them, thus agreed to decreeing them illegal.

Thats your choice/action. Not mine.

There you go. One of your several accusations. You made it clear that you think I have bots.

And you can say black is white but you got nothing.

You are either a slanderer or a hypocrit. And thats all there is too it.

Im done here.

When you agreed to the TOS/EULA, you agreed that botting is illegal.

I simply stated a fact, that you have agreed to the above.
You have thereafter stated you wish the best to botters in their illegal activities.

You have clearly stated support and endorsement of illegal activity.

There is no slander there.
Nor have I ever supported/endorsed bots, so no hypocrisy either.

I didnt say you use bots. I said if you or your friends had, they too would be illegal, per the contracts we all signed, and whereby we all agree they are illegal. That is clear from the context of that discussion, referring to you not caring about bots.

Suddenly your view of apathy/uncaring towards the illegal activities of botters, went to endorsement/support of their illegal activities by wishing them the best.

GJ.
You are now on record as endorsing illegal player activity in EVE, in violation of your agreement per TOS/EULA that we all signed in which we all have agree that botting is illegal and not to be supported.

1 Like

It is pretty sad when you courier bot farm is being ganked. Their owner is attempting to anti-gank outside their courier mission pick up station. Both sad and cute.

Edit/Update: Also added an alpha toon created two days ago, he is using it to pull concord back onto the station.

2 Likes

You implied it quite definitely here :

Why aren’t you ganking those bots in the picture up there Salvos?

1 Like

1 billion sent to wanda fayne for their good work in ganking the bots in Itamo

They will likely move their operations, agents permitting, or eventually lay quiet for a day or two. If they do and you can keep up the good work when they return it would be appreciated - perhaps others who feel the same as me could also do something worthwhile and donate to the cause

Now, if only I could gank the 49 known market bots which are currently logged-in in Jita which I reported to CCP 7 weeks ago along with supporting evidence … sigh

6 Likes