Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

it wouldn’t reduce their effects
and the things you think are a result of bots just aren’t

I like the fact you know what are bots and what are no bots, and speak on behalf

that quote in context was about people playing the market- the people you derided as ‘so called autistic’. I was just letting you know they are called ‘market makers’ and that they literally make the market for you.

I’m not speaking on behalf of bots, just for myself.

I thought I might have misunderstood your idea and that there was more to it, that’s all.

I’m not referring you’re speaking behalf of bots, just on behalf of ‘more’ in concept.
I couldn’t say that about other players because I don’t know if they’re are human or bots.
Although you know they are human :heartpulse:

1 Like

Root them out and ban the ****ers.

1 Like

sure you done all you could…
plex prices are the best measures of what have been done in this matter in last couple of years.
It was rely simple to eliminate bots now and old days - just do random captha codes good as google
when detect profitable repeating activities. You done nothing in years and market in eve is total destroyed by this sadly.
this was the best what this game had to offer - new players can only be slaves here and f1 clickers.
this all big “emipres” was not build out of nothing - first large scale boting then large scale speculations…
they are not that good… you people from ccp was that bad at makeing this game fair to everyone. -_-.
and this is true.

Is that Punctator or Punctuator?

BTW I am not doing a ■■■■■■■ capture whenever I update an order, when they don’t beat bots anyway

Would also completely eliminate afk ratting/mining, which doesn’t bother me but would bother some folks

Why you think plex price has anything to do with it anyway?

Sounds like you just found some words and strung them together, not sure how it all adds up though, I’ll give it some thought…

Ok so I gave it some thought…

Not much I’ll admit but not much was required

Still don’t get how it all joins up as you say?

Please… enlighten me further

6 weeks ago I opened this topic. 5 weeks ago via a support ticket, I stated I had submitted the names of , and lets not beat about the bush here, 51 identified market bots of which 37 had clear RMT contract histories. At the time of submitting the ticket I said I would update with what happened here… or hasn’t.

During this period a number of players have sent me lists of toons which they too have submitted via ticket as also suspect market bots. Many of the names were on my original list but in short, via further enquiries to date, my own list has now grown to in excess of 90 bots operating the Jita market.

In addition to this, players have also contacted me concerning the increasing number of bots operating in 00, FW, mining and even hauling for LP - again, in short, their numbers are and have increased dramatically since alpha toons were brought in…

Well, back to my list of 51 submitted via ticket 5 weeks ago (and remember, I have been banging on CCP doors for the last 9 months about this with various tickets submitted and have watched market bot numbers grow for a few to many during this time). I received the now familiar thankyou, transferred to security team, next time please use the report bot function and then… nothing. 5 weeks later the 51, and others that I am aware of, are still logging in with a spread of buys / sells across all areas of the market. This even includes the 37 with RMT histories which should have been no brainers. My ticket remains open. Likewise, others are stating their own tickets have gone unactioned.

Yes, I know they may have a long term plan but the 90 odd that I know of, plus all the others operating across other areas of Eve that others have reported and told me about, could and should be taken out short term to give the rest of us a chance during the interim. Instead, they are left to operate and in doing so they are not only allowing them to spread their tentacles but they have by their complicity created a new generation of Eve players that think its ok to buy isk on the black market, thus fuelling the situation now and in the future to come.

Earlier in this post CCP Peligro stated their would a a dev blog out soon from security, implying it concerned this topic, please define soon as that was 5 weeks ago and nothing has come out yet and to be honest I’m frustrated and tired of the whole situation.

Anyway, for those that are bothered, update done

4 Likes

I AM A BOT !! I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!I AM A BOT !!

Sadly, we are all "bot"hered. :pensive:

1 Like

be smarter than a bot :wink: i found some in market and play with them…
report them? yes i could but it’s a lot of time to do so
sadly, bots are now a part of every online game, if someone find a day the final remedy to that, it will be rich…
concerning the 0.01 isk game, you’ll find programs in few minutes on internet (i dont use one, meh!) and it run fine with ccp it seems,
so long, i enjoy the game and continue to play, it’s not bdo here!

Bots outplay you in automation of a certain thing, not in smarter department. Some things automated by bots effect in them being so much more influential than humans doing this stuff.

Take for example twitter bots spreading false news. They are not smarter than people, they are just automated.

2 Likes

There are 60+ courier bots running out of Itamo IV - Moon 1 - Perkone Factory right now. They do not reply to convo, trade, or duel requests. If you bump them off the station they are trying to dock in, after 3min they relog very predictably and re-attempt to dock with the station. Running for most of the day, every day that I can observe them.

If you want to profit, keep a close eye on caldari LP as they probably generate large amounts of it, and 4+ implants as each character will likely get half a dozen over a day. Start stockpiling now when the farm does get banned a massive chunk of supply depressing the market will be gone.

As for trade bots, once you understand their overbid and undercut rules, they are very exploitable. Too loose, pump and dump them for billions in profit. Too tight, break their limit by a few 100 isk and they are effectively shut down.

Theres two other stations they are running out of as well in Caldari space total amounts Ive seen are 20-30 at least. So yes its adding up.

What when they will be back the next day? All this stockpiling only giving money to bot owners then… market will not have enough time to recover. This is really depressing. :pensive:

With reaction times like that from CCP… botters will thrive, always.

Only way to deal with it is make a very loud public statement to someone like PC gamer which then forces the hand. I have been watching the same problems and agree something needs to be done. You would need evidence to present as definitive proof of multiple botting issues. Problem with this is you need access to logs which only CCP has so you end up in a pickle. I can tell you from my over ten year experience this is the worst I have EVER seen it.

4 Likes

Just setup a live stream outside Itamo IV - Moon 1 - Perkone Factory then ask yourself how could 60+ people all want to run courier missions at the same time? Or how could one multiboxer do it all without forgetting a toon in a station or gate. Also not taking a bio-break after 16 hours of going steady on one of EVEs most painfully dry PVE mechanics all the while going gate to gate with no delay on asynchronous accounts at different states in their courier mission.

3 Likes

Botters provide such a unbalanced supply to the market that prices get depressed. Aside from ■■■■■■■ with their market orders, bumping them, or ganking, buying depressed markets and relisted after the bans is one way to capitalize of the activity. In theory the isk is deleted from the game, but hard to say if the benefit is lost when I have watched trade bots last over a year and courier bot rings about 6 months.

The only other time it was bad was right before CCPs great Bot purge several years ago. But its terrible now, much worse than back then.

I also dont envy CCPs position quite frankly.

3 Likes