Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

Speaking only for hisec, most of it is already abandoned. It’s fun watching the tumbleweeds roll by.

It reminds me of the Hare vs Lynx inter-relationship, the hare being pve players, the lynx being elite pvpers:

hare_lynx

Guess what happens when all the hare are gone?

4 Likes

In this analogy Hares and Lynxes are the same animal though

Gotta admit I don’t really understand what you mean with the term ‘Krabbers’.

Be that as it may, I do take offense to the quoted statement since it seems like you’re directing it towards players like me who spend their time in-game just doing PvE content.

I’m sure CCP doesn’t want to lose players, especially players who pay real money to sub their accounts. Even though I may not like some of the changes done to the game, I will still continue doing PvE content and sub my account with real money, just like I’ve been doing for the past 11 years.

12 Likes

Yeah, I meant PvE players vs PvP players, in hisec. Although many players do both.

Indeed. Id be prepared to take a stab in the dark and say theres more PvP players with indy alts than vice versa.

They’re players who don’t do anything except PvE in order to amass great wealth, in order to brag to other krabbers about how much ISK they have and how rich they are.

In the end, however, they only reduce their own net worth by causing inflation, devaluing the ISK they earn.

They are… carcinogenic.

5 Likes

Do you have a source for CCP saying pve players should quit?

By the way, nice kill record, 2 kills. The one pod kill took only three of you to kill.

4 Likes

You mean when I spend $20 to get almost 2 billion isk, this is not causing inflation? I would have to pve for a very long time to get 2B isk…

I pve and pvp, my pve helps pay for my pvp. Or I could just buy some isk I guess.

2 Likes

Where am I stating that CCP said PVEers should quit?

Useless grind krabbers that add nothing, apart from messing up the economy, the game can do without. And while krabbers are PVE players a PVE player isn’t necessary a krabber.

4 Likes

Seriously?

Do you have a source where CCP says krabbers should quit? I’m genuinely interested.

5 Likes

Hilmar stated on twitch that the changes so far were to make the whole risk vs reward less out of whack. Because it’s unhealthy and results in undesired gameplay and that whatever it takes or results in short term is necessary for EVE’s long term viability and economic sustainability.

Or simply put: “krabbers get rekt, you’re being a problem”.

5 Likes

Pretty sure CCP is NOT saying “gtfo, Good Riddance” to any of their players. There was a time when CCP promoted All play styles as being valid and actually just wanted people to “play their game”. EvE can be so much more than what it currently is. CCP knows this and I commend any effort on CCP’s part to grow and expand their game.

What CCP should do, is compare the game now to the game when it was growing each year and determine what lead to the current situation. They should review those previous decisions ( because it wasn’t just one) and determine whether they can and should reverse or remove them. They need to have the courage to correct previous decisions that have been shown to be faulted. <20k online users is a big red flag that should not be ignored.

7 Likes

That was the time random investors owned CCP who only cared for short term profit, not for the game or its premise. Now that CCP is owned by a games company who understands and nurtures pvp sandboxes CCP can change their their tone again, back to old school CCP: HTFU.

Says who? You? Some random people? Based on what logic or numbers? Or is it perhaps just used by people to try and further their agenda? Why not 25k, or 15k?

3 Likes

Ccp’s profit.

2 Likes

CCP is better at determining what is good for their profit than anyone, that includes you and me.

The fact that they STATED that it’s better for long term viability says they did the math using actual numbers (so not the fake made up ones by people who claim to have a clue but really are just terrible at hiding their agenda). It’s always funny seeing players care so much for CCP’s profits and all that, especially when it suits their agendas.

3 Likes

So you think Pearl Abyss cares more about the “type” of players they have than the number they have? SMH

2 Likes

Long term? Yes.

Because there’s already enough easy pve grind MMO’s out there and there will be more and more to come, some will even have a space ship theme. And when those come all the people who just want to grind pve (possibly in space) will possibly move there.

There are however very few PVP sandboxes, not a lot of competition both now and in the near future. That means that if they focus on the PVP “harsh game” sandbox more, and thus LESS on the PVE grind, they move themselves into a position that is much healthier.

If you hadn’t noticed, the game was going to ■■■■ due to the grind bears causing inflation, defended by umbrellas.

5 Likes

We saw their decissions in the past. One ■■■■ after the other with backpadling.

Discussion about doesnt mean someone cares. Maybe you take it to serious and yes the only agenda is to play the game and have fun. If there is no game, because “krabbers need to go” or whatever other reason, than you cant play it.

Then I can see why you react as you do, you’re one of “them”. Good luck, I hope you find a way to do well in EVE. If not then so be it.

1 Like

How do i react?

1 Like