Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

SO it has been a massive success but you are right the risk vs reward is not there, the rewards are still way to high compared to the risk.

You can thank the CSM and null sec greed for the massive nerf Null still needs.

Do you even play in null?

1 Like

I’d say that’s a good thing.

1 Like

Ignorance doesn’t help your arguments any.

CSM doesn’t direct game development. Null sec greed doesn’t motivate CCP design decision makers.

CCP clearly made their own decision on who were the valuable players they wanted to keep, and what was the ‘hard core’ area they wanted to drive players towards. CCP wanted people in caps, people in big alliances, people in Null… because that’s where the news-making wars happened, that’s where the people with the most multiple paid accounts were, that’s where the sub money was.

CCP’s greed is what turned Null into the “big blue piñata”. CCP’s decisions are what led to the game imbalances and the need to ‘rebalance’. CCP’s clumsy ‘fixes’ and poor design are what lead to players abandoning the game in droves.

If you’re going to point fingers, at least get a clue who you need to be pointing them at.

6 Likes

Why would that be.

Are you saying bots are not logged in 24/7/365? Of course they are.

So if 6800 bots are banned OF COURSE the number of players logged in drops 6800.

What is so naïve about that?

/facepalm

1 Like

Because they have done similar bot bans and of larger scale in the past and there was little to no movement in the concurrent player numbers.

Avg number has dropped a lot more than just 6800 at this point too.

2 Likes

Because some of us actually interact and talk to real people…many of whom are not there because they have specifically highlighted the Blackout as the reason why.

4 Likes

Yeah same here.
Why stay in null for mining spodumain etc when you can get into a highsec moon corp in highsec, and just mine spod, gneiss, arknor etc all day every day afk with impunity.
A lot of people did that, and I’ve seen people from TEST mining in highsec moons :confused:

2 Likes

Oh I am not disagreeing there were also a lot of null bears who were farming under almost total safety and now that things in null are actually risky, have put their tails between their legs and quit.

However since they, like the bots, were farming massive resources and not contributing any RL cash, their loss is literally CCP and the remaining players gain. Resource values are up and Plex prices are down.

1 Like

Things are a bit inverted now. The area I am in has a massive mineral shortage because no one wants to mine in blackout so industry people are importing TONS of minerals from highsec.

2 Likes

Your labels not mine. You put whatever label you want on those pilots but they weren’t bots, they clicked on participation links , filed for SRP and tried to scrape some existience out of their spare time. Now they are gone because CCP wants null to be more hard core. This will shed the 30+ crowd which has aged as the game has.

CCP is now catering to a younger crowd with a keen sense of participation awards and instant frags. Many would still be happily joining fleets and complaining about the next long deployment and the crappy timers…but they are not because CCP has let them all down with this new approach.

2 Likes

It’s worse because all this effort to break up NULL has barely affected goonswarm and TEST. Look at the ADMs in Delve. Their industry and military indexes are still VERY high. All this has done was make all the smaller alliances consolidate and join large umbrellas.

1 Like

The reward for teamwork, they enforce their own peace and safety.

Not hide at the first sign of activity in local.

2 Likes

they’re hiding alright - hiding logged out playing somewhere else. lol

2 Likes

since no rl cash left the equation, so what?

You can’t be sure of that. And honestly the bears occasionally being caught and hollering for help caused more fights than the current state of cloaked ships holding all the cards and almost nobody wanting to play. Most of the players in this game are risk averse. And its far easier to go have your fun elsewhere than deal with getting hobbled multiple times while the aggressors roaming cloaked hardly get tapped because they still have out of game maps showing where activity is to zero in on.

Outside of some hilarity like cloak fitted ships being unable fit hard tackle or actually having some additional balancing done I don’t see the numbers reversing any time soon. Especially for things like mining where you have to stay put for an hour to get anything significant done. Nobody likes being a sitting duck. So why try acting holier than thou when its pretty obvious what is going to happen? Let the monkey have their illusion of having a chance.

Oh by the way… bots actually have it easier than real players because of the fact that the freaking log files straight up tell when warp-in effects for your grid start up even for cloaked ships. Meaning they still can bug out fast while the poor guy hitting D-Scan still sees nothing.

1 Like

Imagine the rage if one suggested a mining ship have some type of cloak…or that cloaking devices needed fuel and couldnt just be cycled all day — or if there was a burst module availble in your system if you have the ihub upgrade that pulses local or decloak ships now and then…no instead of CCP imagining their way out of this they nerf and take back and subtract and remove until all we have left is a boiled down version of a much more feature rich and sandbox game 10 years ago.

1 Like

How do you know there are cloaked ships? :rofl:

j/k

It sounds like there was a lot of solo “farming” going on in null that is now somewhat inconvenient.
All good changes.

1 Like

Bots don’t log in 24/7 because that makes them too visible. They run for normal people times. A lot will even have their owner nearby maybe even at computer but playing another game, they may not bot all the time, just for a few hours a week when they can’t be bothered doing anything else.
So… no, 6800 bots banned will not drop player count by 6800.