Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

actually the public financials for pearl abyss are really good…profits in the tens of millions monthly…

Articles say black desert online made 1 bil in 4 years, if true that is 250 million per year average.
internet culture is so weird. if you dont like something about the game there are ways to articulate that to the right channels to have your voice heard, much better than complaining.
if you cant resolve that, you can take a break from eve, since we all knkw eve will be around forever, we welcome you back anytime you wish.
or if you have the balls, take the plunge and make something better.
do it.
EVE ONLINE FOREVER!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/09/pearl-abyss-grosses-more-than-1-billion-for-black-desert-mmo/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwityevf14zmAhXnJzQIHQcDDdoQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1lwZf8DMuHPez0mTkPKQYC&ampcf=1&cshid=1574936634000.

With the decline in numbers, I hope that opens “some” doors for the smaller corps/alliances. I’m not counting on it though…

Well this grandpa has two more years till retirement, and I’m planning to make eve my part time job. Saving up for a 1st class gaming rig as my living to see the sunset prize :beer::crossed_fingers::grin:

3 Likes

Next year is most likely the best time for buying a new rig for years to come.

Reasons:

• AMD’s 3950X is a monster for its price, the non-X is pretty much as good. Next year they’ll be cheaper, but they’ll be lasting for years to come.
  • Intel is releasing their new GPUs, which will shake up the market and drop prices of older generations considerably, because there’s significant competition to be expected.
  • Intel’s 3D stacking technology is maybe next year coming to CPUs as well, promising a significant performance upheaval.
  • The second generation RTX cards are being released from nvidia, which means significant performance increase over the first generation. This is always the case. It’s usually not a good idea to retail-buy the first generation of a new feature, but they’re great when they hit the used market.
  • AMD is bringing raytracing to their next GPU generation and it’s built on modern technology.
  • MultiGPUs (like multi-core CPUs) are coming, (though I’m not sure this will be a thing next year already), promising a significant performance upheaval.

From them on, year after year, it’ll get a tiny bit worse price- and performance-increase wise, because “the new and much better stuff” isn’t “new and much better” anymore, with the market disruption fading away. Then we’ll be in the “mediocre” part of the innovation cycle again. We’re talking about a process lasting years.

When you’re into used parts (value with high performance parts), next year is great because of actual innovations being released. When you’re a rich guy, next year is also great because of actual innovations being released.

That’s all.
Enjoy!

1 Like

COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500P GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Eight Core (3.60GHz @ up to 4.9GHz)
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DPe
1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

The rig I’ve had since December last year - the best part has been since buying it, stopping playing eve - the only use I’ve had of this pc has been to post here and use the internet - I have played the latest call of duty and in 4k it looks great, but i’m not really a FPS fan, so it’s actually been cash down the pan just like what ccp have done with eve sub cash on failed / wasted / cancelled projects and on the exciting future (Korean cash grab aside) hilmar spins if I logged on to eve anymore.

1 Like

EVE ONLINE FOREVER!

1 Like

Come play warships with me, I am so hilariously ■■■■ you can catch up in a day

eve server reset is the worst idea ever. dont do it.

2 Likes

EVE associated promotion only.

I have a It with 32 GB ram, two monitors 25’, ssd disk, 950 TI nvida, and is far enought to get decent multiplayer at accounts,

Now downgrading to 4 , maybe a big or too big machine is not needed with less than 5 omega accounts.