EVE Crews: A lore-accurate* API-linked crew simulator

I’ve done some work on the ship destruction loop, so crew survival is more nuanced and the event is more visible and impactful.

Previously, crew survival was a flat rate that was quite generous (30-40% survival), but now crew survival numbers are more closely linked to the hull type, in accordance with canonical sources (which is bad news for frigates and smaller who only have a 5% survival rate).

I’m planning to introduce some purchasable gear that can increase the survivability of officers and crews. I envisage a lot of the problem is recovery. The capsuleer has the benefit of an escape pod that can self-propel to safety, but that is tech that is typically beyond the baseliner crews and they have to drift at the mercy of the elements and pray that Search and Rescue operatives detect their beacons before slavers or Sansha harvesters do.

1 Like