EVE Fanfest 2020 CANCELED - CCP Anouncement 2020.02.28

Yeah great idea - have people who may well be infected yet due to the incubation period and how infection is transmitted while in the incubation period all get on planes with poorly filtered & recirculated air. Then have them all gather in one place and get drunk etc. Afterwards, put them all back on planes with various other people to share more bad air for several hours in a locked box before dispersing them all to their countries of origin. Then when the first case(s) are confirmed and they are asked ā€œSo, have you been in any busy areas or in close contact, that being less than 2 metres, with any significant number of people in the last 2 weeks?ā€ā€¦

2 Likes

Not sure if you have a stick up your ass and no sense of humor or Sarrith is a certified moron and actually believes what he is saying.

Either way, Iā€™m amused.

2 Likes

Itā€™s this one.

2 Likes

@CCP_Convict Iā€™m assuming the golden circle with devs is also cancelled for those that are still going to iceland?

Only worrying thing is the pub might close.

1 Like

So you guys got your ticket money back? How are things progressing?

Ticket price is the smalles problem, as they are the cheapest thing when it comes to fanfest. Eventbrite did refund everything, but the problem are flight and hotels. In my case both is about 700 Euro, and nothing is refundable as I havenĀ“t bought cancel protection for the flight, and CenterHotels in general doesnĀ“t seem to refund when you have prepaidā€¦

Maybe CCP could talk with CenterHotels though so this could get refunded? They seemed to have a good relationship with them after all

Unlucky.

Still, the hotel was the most expensive thing in all of this, and you would think when you cancel a month in advance they would at least refund it partiallyā€¦

CCP should definitely lobby with the hotels for refunds. Especially since Iceland is overall a small country and they are one of the biggest company in it. This virus took everyone by surprise.

1 Like

Seriously. Any hotel or tourist facility not giving refunds for anything canceled with over a weekā€™s notice at the time of a global health scare should be pilloried for gouging customers. They certainly arenā€™t improving their profile.

Do what everybody else does: call and tell them you will sue them, register them with 'Bad business bureaus", dedicate a website to trashing their reputation, and agitate to have laws passed to force them to give refunds to everyone forever.

1 Like

Kind of hard to sue when you have accepted to their terms

1 Like

I think that they wonā€™t return anything unless Iceland would be locked down because of coronavirus. Nobody knows if you bought those tickets for Fanfest or just for tourism, and tourism is still possible.

1 Like

Well, if they work with CCP, they can check if you bought a Fanfest-Ticket, and then you send them your booking ID and CCP confirms them that they bought if for Fanfest. Because if someone just booked for tourism, they wouldnĀ“t cancel all at the same time

1 Like

Well, for example, I personally was forced to still pay for Chinese visa even though the event (not EVE-related) was cancelled due to coronavirus, we showed a proof of that, and visas were requested for this sole purpose. So, that might be not enough.

I was more refering to

Nobody knows if you bought those tickets for Fanfest or just for tourism, and tourism is still possible.

HTFU!

It seems that CCP is still selling tickets to EVE Russia event that happens in June. Are you not afraid of corona virus?

1 Like

Thatā€™s 4 months away, dear. Letā€™s wait and see what the situation is like as it gets closer before cancelling every event this whole year and next.

2 Likes

All the hysteria going on is also keeping me from logging on so oftenā€¦
Really.

(Also we have run out of toilet paper hereā€¦ at least in the shops)