EVE Frontier

This!

F*****g this!

Crypto games are literally dead and buried at least 5 years at this point, the only ones still going are the ones that got popular.

Please wait for the list:

List complete.

6 Likes
  1. What I find amusing (in a wrong way) is the time between acquiring that $40M funding and the first closed test. Without knowing what the game actually looks like, is this the shortest development phase they ever managed ? Imagine what could be achieved for Eve Online - provided there is a vision that actually avoids NFT/Blockchain/Crypto, which may be a stretch for the current CCP because Hilmar has fantasies…
  2. What is the target customer for Frontier ? Given the natural scepticism of the natural Eve player it doesn’t look like it’s going to drain players from Eve proper - that would be like squeezing tooth paste from one tube into another tube.
  3. Why call it a “game” when all it does is “play” with both real and virtually real cash in what looks like a piramid scheme.
  4. For those interested in the “fantasy” behind the “game”, here’s what they wrote, a page on the game’s economy: Quest for Fuel | EVE Frontier. The other sections are well worth your time too, if you want to dig a bit into their mindset. If you find yourself lost in the word salad describing what should be fairly normal game concepts, perhaps there is a warning in there for you.
  5. Frontier seems to have built-in mechanisms, or so they claim, that make botting and multiboxing less attractive.
  6. I can’t shed the impression that what ccp tries with SKINR is a miniature case study for the stunt they plan in Frontier. You pay with cash and time for the privilege to “work”, and the result gets taxed (on real cash level) at every step by ccp. As long as the customer believes he/she can make real cash profits on the very virtual fruits of the work, there is no problem, is there, lol. Color me astonished that this even passes the first level of scrutiny.
  7. Can’t wait until that Frontier icon will appear on our recently updated launcher, in the brand new “menu” on the left that will allow you to pick your EvE “product”. One launcher to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them, LMAO.
6 Likes

The same reason they call crypto an “investment” and commercials “important announcements”. Words don’t seem to mean anything these days except to convey a con man’s sincerity.

Great post, Wadiest o7

2 Likes

“…connection failed”

2 Likes

This is just a bad idea. CCP plz stop trying to destroy what should be the best game out there.

1 Like

This doesn’t affect EVE Online.

I disagree. If you think a brand new game like this can be developed on $40 million, I have a station in Jita 4-4 to sell you. Eve Frontier will require developer time, and lots of it. I am sure this will be EvE developers seconded from EvE. As Frontiers is based on EvE this will require developers who already understand EvE. Where are they coming from? CCP isn’t going to waste time training up developers from scratch, they will have to use EvE developers, who aren’t going to be working on EvE.

Think how much needs to be worked on from the most recent patch alone. Are the problems we have indicative of developers working on Frontiers instead of EvE. As Frontiers ramps up, more and more time will be required, particularly as deadlines loom. (In development deadlines always loom as everything takes longer and costs more.)

CCP will continue working on Frontiers until it probably fails, as everything else CCP has tried failed.

(TLDR: I’m not a fan of Frontiers.)

3 Likes

Except that they DID hire new devs for the new game. Also devs only need to develop the basics of the game like the engine, UI, etc. , the players make the “meat” of it through the block chain stuff.

Yes CCP will work on Frontiers…as they legally must. They aren’t going to stop because players in another game don’t want it work. I’m not a fan of the game myself, but I at least know that the players of EVE Online aren’t going to pressure CCP to shut down them making another game. Support EVE Online if that’s what you want to support, no one is forcing us to play another game.

You might be downgrading the struggle a little here.

Games that leave players to their own devices generally turn out to be Grade A, stage 4 cancer shitshows. This is EVE players we are talking about here. You already know exactly how it’s going to turn out…

6 Likes

I never said that it would be quality, but by the nature of the game, most of it will be player developed.

Tried to register. Still waiting for e-mail address confirmation

Well sir get ready for all your dopey “friend referrals” and “join our discord!” garbage to not even register as completed once you’ve done it.

… it’s very well made -_-

2 Likes

Holding crypto will put you in the taxman’s crosshairs. For that reason alone, I’m steering clear of this game. Don’t want the complication of filing taxes for a GAME.

1 Like

It is good that they did abandon EVE Vanguard to focus on the development of this masterpiece.

And then you have some “special” players who want “Walking in Stations” back. Fools never learn. You will never get your role-play sex room here.

Keep whining.

Peace. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are breaking the Frostpacker’s heart. :thinking: :smirk: :blush:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :innocent: :popcorn:

2 Likes

1 Like

Everybody loves AIKO!

I’ve seen very little about this but I did see something about object occlusion which sounds like it would be a fun concept. No way am I getting involved in anything involved blockchain or pictures of apes though.

What about pictures of Fedos? :thinking: :smirk: :psyccp: :blush:

2 Likes