EVE Frontier

We welcome our new RMT overlords…?

The absolute state of the sign-up process is just gross.

It’s like those crappy crypto airdrops: Invite these people, follow on twitter, all that garbage.

No mate, you want people to perform free testing on your game instead of paying a QA team you make the process buttery smooth or GTFO.

6 Likes

That accurately sums it up.

Almost no text on the page and still there are typos. Bodes well.

2 Likes

Everyone should read the whitepage document for it

I love the bit about fuel.

You don’t subscribe for gametime, you subscribe for mining crystals so you can mine the fuel required for your ship to function, and Frontier’s version of PLEX is used to buy more mining crystals.

Imagine that, buying Mining Crystals to mine fuel so you can refill your capacitor

I’ll reserve final judgement until I can playtest it. It’s really hard to envision how everything is going to work without seeing it in action.

2 Likes

Nothing like paying for the privilege of drudgery, amirite?

5 Likes

I was excited for about 5 seconds because I thought they were adding something cool to EVE Online, but nah, just another CCP side project stealing resources away from EVE.

Can you guys stop already and just pour everything into EVE instead? Like damn, we could actually have walking in station by now.

8 Likes

They could have delivered the original concept of WiS by now, the whole vision.

The corporate Hangouts, the voice chat enabled lip synced meeting rooms, the tactical operations room, the market stalls the whole thing.

Instead, we got micro transactions and like…7 new ships in ten years

7 Likes

It’s been way more than 7 ships, but point taken…

1 Like

The money in this new game can only be used for this new game…if they didn’t take that money, they would just be out that investment. There is no legal situation where that money could have been poured into EVE Online.

2 Likes

If i wanted to " Play " a game that was tied to my bank account, and have the IRS crawling up my arse all the time…

I would be “playing

instead of this game, EvE Online

Had a look but can’t seem to figure out what the payment system actually looks like.

Randomly…

I had a couple of friends that tried it…one of them wanted to know if he could play video games and produce a paycheck.

The gist of what i heard from both is this…

an example: you want to skin an animal…to produce something.

you pay into the game from your connected bank account…to buy a weapon, and a skinning knife…

and some ammo…
with Real cash.

You fire your weapon, kill animal…weapon takes durability dmg…which cant be repaired without having gear, supplies, etc …bought with Real Cash…or payins someone with Real Cash…to fix it…or letting it break and buying from the game another one with Real Cash.

Well you got your animal…and you go to skin it…and the act of acquiring a skin deducts from your in game currency…which is determined with some formula how much Real Cash you are spending with each action.

in effect if you get good, or something with Real Money…you can and might make a paycheck…or take out a 2nd mortgage on your house, to RMT in game property…resell at a much higher price, pay off your mortgage…and have some decent amount of cash left over…at least until the tax man comes for it.

Now take this new frontier game…
everything from my understanding uses energy, EVERY action that we do in this game for free…that energy is produced from burning fuel…the fuel is going to cost Real Cash(from what little i read). So the economy will depend on Real Cash, not an in game currency…which makes it no longer a game.

So both games(Entropia at least), you get 1 acct, 1 character no exceptions, cause your Real Bank acct is linked to it…and everything you do deducts from that acct or deposits into it…and your Gov Tax collectors now have the right to demand you report all your income…and audit your in “game” assets.

3 Likes

ngl I would need to see the gameplay content before bashing it.

But given the current PR of crypto games and whatnot… with like no daily substance…

It’s an uphill battle.

2 Likes

Sounds like Outback Opal Hunters…where they mine opal to pay for the fuel and machines to be able to mine opal so they can pay for the fuel and machines to be able to mine opal so that…etc etc.

2 Likes

So sick of CCP and their cryptic reveals. Just explain the damn thing and show gameplay while explaining it.

3 Likes

90% of jobs in the Western World are like this. Meaningless and of no real use to society. Just ‘jobs’ and exploitation. SOMEONE is getting rich, but it isn’t the workers.

Now ask yourself why 2 countries, separated by thousands of miles of ocean, both drill oil, yet both export/import to/from the other. Its simply to artificially raise the cost and price for the end-user. :hugs:

1 Like

Isn’t that literally real life for anyone with an 8-5?

CCP.

You will never find any success outside of Eve Online proper… and if you keep neglecting it, you will lose everything you have.

Please, stop all of your side projects which any 10 year old could tell you ‘IT WON’T WORK’.

You are always behind the curve on trends that die anyway. Except for raising subscription prices… way to be on the cutting edge there. Still a lone pioneer in that regard.

5 Likes