Didn’t I just give various examples where there are good reasons to use T1 over meta where the option existed? Then why do you say ‘there is no reason to choose T1 over meta if the option exists’?
You made an absolute statement, I gave counterexamples, your statement is therefore wrong. Or am I missing something?
Also being able to get modules without having to import from Jita is another benefit of T1.
I don’t think you actually provided a reason for why you’d equip a T1 over a meta, with price and availability not being a factor in said decision.
Scenario: You can pick either a T1 or a compact meta version. Price/availability factors aside, which module will result in you having an easier/better fit for your ship?
Just a reminder, there is also a point to make meta modules buildable, that would make them buildable anywhere. Also thats why updateing basic T1 stats to compact level was made so there would be point building them
If a player is using ships that are regionally appropriate, the local rats will drop modules suited for their ships. If they want to fly Caldari ships in Gallente space? That’s more of a them problem.
player would get non region appropriate modules by importing like right now or inventing and building meta modules. Dont see reason why want to be stuck only importing
For regional flavoring. It’s a reward for using regionally appropriate ships. If you want out of region doctrine? You either import from Jita, or make do with T1/T2.
just make importing from regional rat loot drops cheaper than invention components, should solve regional flavor problem. To get lot of meta modules should not require you to go Jita.
Why isnt it lore friendly. Somehow someone somewhere invented and built meta module that improved basic one and that was fitted on NPC ship. Why cant capsuleer do the same steps? Why should only way to get meta modules be killing rats. It would be cheaper to take modules from them but option to build them yourself should also exist.
Uhm, Aiko doesn’t troll. I read most of her posts and there is actually a whealth of information in her posts, even if it contains 2 words in it.
She actually knows what she’s taking about… contrary to me
On topic. I use meta modules and they are easier to fit, but I also like the T1’s for the price. I only use T2 modules if I’m going to use the dhip for one specific thing only.
And, I will use a personal fitting example, which I think is an extreme outlier, but, honest to goodness all of these modules have a use and a purpose in various times and places in fittings. And my “outlier” is I use, and have used often, a civilian afterburner on some of my alts ships cause the fitting was so tight that’s all I could fit for mobility, to achieve my purpose.
There are a lot of niche cases for ship usage, and fitting tends to follow usage, and your suggestions if followed would flummox a lot of fits.
Anyway, that’s my two bits, since you asked for comments on your proposal. Just my own personal perspective.
I also want to announce my complete and utter support for @Aiko_Danuja and her assessment of the ship modules situation. @Gerard_Amatin and @Gloria_Exercitus are also officially endorsed by me, but not as much as Aiko. I wanted to write this extra sentence, just to make that clear.
I will now join the trolling by making the following argument: A meta module has universally better stats than a T1 module, that is true. However, the ability to produce T1 modules on your own has advantageous use cases in remote areas or mass production. Other important factors to consider are price and availability. Depending on the area that you are in, meta modules may also be significantly more expensive and less common. If your ship is meant to be cheap and expendable, also easy to replace, then these factors will impact your decision making.
That’s enough fun for now. Time to let the saltfarm produce some epic tears, ahahahaha!!
I sure do hope that they can wrap their head around this…they were so confident in having understood the game and used seemingly the proper terms like “T1” and “Meta”…and now you point out that there also is “Civilian”…i hope no ones head explodes…