Eve In-Browser Digi TCG

This is an idea that I’ve been kicking around for a while. Given CCP’s urge to increase PLEX sales, I think this would be a rather good way to do so. Booster Pack for 10 Plex? I know it won’t be for everybody, but it’d probably increase sales. So here’s my idea:

Role:
You are a fleet commander and your fleet is your deck.

Synopsis:
You, the fleet commander, wield your deck against various PvE and PVP situations in solo and groups. Rewards could be isk pots and/or booster packs.

PvE:
You and/ a group of friends/randoms engage various boss fight battles in well-known PvE situations such as the Kundalini, Pirate FOBs/Shipyards, Sleepers and Drifters, and so on.

PvP:
You, the fleet commander, wage war against other players for a pot of isk/plex/other goodies that are contributed to a pot in solo or group situations.

Starting out:
You pick a starting race and are awarded a basic deck made up of basic racial ships. As you progress and buy boosters you can customize your deck.

Card Types:

Ships- Different ships have different base HP, they can be low 1 for a frig; 4 for a Drake, 3 for a Brutix, 10 for a Nyx, etc. They are who you attack/defend with. Different ship types have different abilities with some affecting the enemy and others buffing your own ships.

Items- Various modules that you can equip to your ships; a shield extender or plate increases your hp by 1, an adaptive lowers the damage a ship takes by 1, damage amps increase damage dealt by 1, etc.

Abilities: Some ships have an innate ability built in; a super carrier continually spawns token fighters or a titan clears your opponent’s field when it lands on grid, dreads deal 1 damage to each opposing ship each start of a turn, FAX machines heal all friendly by 1 each turn, etc. The idea is that it mirrors the developer’s original intent for the ships. Other times, cards themselves can be an ability like; call primary (you control which ships attack which ships versus the defending player getting to) , microjump (withdraw 1 ship card from combat), boosh (withdraw all ships from combat), etc.

Effects/Systems; Players can optionally set the environment effects with cards that mirror system effects in wormhole and abyssal space.

Game mechanics:
The game follows the basic draw, standby, main, end phase mechanics.

You, the fc start out with 20 hp. You use the ships to try to defend/deal damage to your opponent. First to zero looses. Running out of cards looses.

Benefits to Eve:
More Plex spent which is good because CCP gets more money and the servers stay online for longer.

Benefits to the player:
You can make money like with Project Discovery, but via pvp with/against anybody else in game.

I know it’s a lot like everything else on the market, but that just means CCP has a lot of the thinking done for them. Just seems like something we can do other than ship spinning.

Edit: Damage to your ship cards is cumulative and doesn’t heal unless somehow acted upon.

Not only no, but hell no. SWG added a card game and cash shop bull ■■■■ as a way to get a few extra bucks before they shut the server down. Cash shops in any game are cancer…

I remember that.

You can stop right there as that is exactly what Eve: War of Ascension is effectively doing. Not out yet and I’m begging for more info on it…

Previously called Aurora.

https://playraven.com/#woa

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.