Eve is stuck in the past

Eh? The “korean endless grinding for better gear” type of MMOs are dying. The most popular games atm revolve around lobby/session based strictly PvP shooters. The only “PvE sanbox” game that is “good” is Minecraft, thanks to its modding community, but it is not a MMO so there is no comparison.

There is also a proof that countless games dried up trying to appeal to every player. For example: Ultima Online - it lost its appeal to a huge part of its population with Trammel/Felucca update.

Eve has always been a niche game for very specific target audience. There is no reason to change that by trying to appeal to everyone with a high probability of fail.

7 Likes

Theres a Korean born every minute

“Normal mission loot” affects the game. Every item you salvage from a mission, ever isk in mission reward, every loyalty point affects every other player in the game. Your asking for a walled off area to do things that affect other people, but you don’t want them to be able to affect YOU.

And (like every one of the hundreds of posters who have asked for the same thing on these same forums) you act like it’s some non-selfish plea for something that will help the game and everyone by ‘bringing in more players yay won’t it be awesome!’.

Your last sentence is actually funny. It’s be said time and time again by people who don’t want to figure out why their own idea is bad. It’s a defensive reaction, basically saying “if you don’t like my wonderful and totally fool proof idea, you are just afraid of change and want to keep the status quo”.

I don’t care about change or not change. I’m saying that your idea is bad on it’s very own merits, and if you stop and think about it objectively and be honest, you’ll see that for yourself.

8 Likes

Almost every other MMO dies this, CCP made a conscious design decision not to.

CCP Falcon

While every other MMO starts off with an intro that tells you you’re going to be the savior of the realm, holds your hand, protects you, nurtures your development and ultimately guides you to your destiny as a hero along with several other million players who’ve had the exact same experience, EVE assaults you from the second you begin to play after you create a character, spitting you out into a universe that under the surface, is so complex that it’s enough to make your head explode.

The same way that a no PvP area would hurt any game that is based on players competing with each other, and make no mistake pretty much every activity in Eve puts you into competition with other players.

My main has done almost everything you can do in high/low sec. Just havnt corped, or done null except to explore I understand allot about the game and its mechanics (tech side)

This is why you get blobbed. Eve is a team game for the most part, soloing is hard mode; especially if you’re participating in the more obvious form of PvP. It’s like trying to win a football match when the other team fields a full team, while you go out there alone.

2 Likes

Then go play those games and stop being an asshole trying to destroy what we enjoy.

You seem to think everyone has to play your way and be the same.

Read 1984.

This, please.

6 Likes

Until you can anchor a can in Elite or fly with friends in X, make mine EvE

To paraphrase Stanley “Stan” Lee

Hmm hundreds of other posters asked for the same thing yet you ignore it till the end? Kinda sounds like don’t want change to me…

I didn’t ask for it! Again let me make it clear i suggested it!
It WAS a non selfish plea to give my own opinion and,( here it is again) suggest something that may help.
I did suggest a walled area and (if you had read the other post) came to realise that was indeed a bad idea.
Witch also proves your lack of understanding the whole post. there was no defensive reaction to to a bad idea only to someone who hasn’t taken the time to read and interpret the whole story.

I would like to say i’m sorry (not really) that the missions in the game that CCP put there is ruining your game by adding basic useless loot, and a few points. It apparently was a mechanic they wanted. Adding a one time larger story arc would in no way drastically change the way the game is now loot wise, and only add something for new players to get involved in.

Are you for real or just a bit slow? I’ve been ignoring your comments for the most part but decided to set this one straight. I at no time said you had to play my way. Please for the love of god learn reading comprehension.

I think cricket would be better with the rules of tennis is what this guy is saying, isn’t it?

Can’t fool me.

I can tell a non-CODE. code a mile away with my GI Joe codebook.

2 Likes

Um Story… PVE story… Not hand holding… An in depth story arc to do something like tell the history of eve. we already have them. Just Something more than we have now.

Still amazed at peoples ability to go to their own ideas of what you are saying without even trying to clarify first.

I don’t have any problem whatsoever with making improvements to the PVE, or guiding noobs into some kind of PVE storyline, with a few conditions.

First and most important, players need to be able to go “no thanks, not a PVE person” and skip the whole thing, without any penalty. This needs to be made clear from the get-go too, so no newbie gets tricked into thinking they have to do PVE.

Second, content creators need to be allowed to interfere with players doing this PVE content. To warp in, to gank, to steal mission objectives and hold them for ransom, to bait the noobs into fights. If you can’t do that stuff it isn’t worth it.

2 Likes

How would a PvE arc reflect the actions of thousands and thousand of actual players?

Because thats the History of EvE

You should use your energy to be as much a part of it as you can if you enjoy playing the game.

Its a good legacy to leave.

2 Likes

That is a great idea!

More pve content wouldn’t be a bad thing I’m a little disappointed with invasions.
I think they could have done way more with them in terms of immersion.
Like why do we not see any faction navy engaging them? They could have added some kind of dynamic missions.
For example Caldari flagship heavily damaged fighting triglavian forces. Ping goes out within x jumps and you go save their arse. Or civilian convoy under attack collect and transport them to safety.
Missions haven’t been touched in years they are pretty stale give the old ones a tweak and add some new ones.

As for the no pvp zone just no does not belong in the game.

5 Likes

This is your answer to everything the WOW hammer…

A guy comes around the corner with a critique you cannot deny : WOW hammer
Someone wants EVE to be more modern and change it slightly : WOW hammer
Someone wants to CHANGE(how dare he) PVP slightly : WOW hammer

EVERY FREAKIN change you fear like the devil holy water…EVE has NOT to change…not even a bit…blasphemy,vadre retro satanas…

THIS is why people leave this game…too many bittervets that HINDER EVE’s developement to a more modern game that actually can compete in the modern mmog market…

Change is bad,change is the devil…ALL change will convert this game into WOW…

There is nothing more to say…YOU are the problem…not people that want to modernize the game…people like YOU are ball AND chain in person…

1 Like

Indeed. Why ARE the Empires so quiet?

Do you think they are in league with the trig menace?

1 Like

Triglavian invasion is an ongoing part of Live Story.
If you want an in-depth lore, welcome to: https://fiction.eveonline.com/

Given none of us work for CCP, and you believe your point has more support, how do we hold it back?

Lol you never know eh.
I do think Jovians will come into play at some point and we will get shield ships to counter balance the trig ones.
Their lore is pretty intertwined iirc.

1 Like

Code Word for: Merry Go Round games.