EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Hello

At first, this is NOT a virus detection. WS.Reputation.1 is more like “We blocked this file because we don’t like it”

Here’s the VirusTotal scan results: VirusTotal

Mail the AV support or check Google. AFAIK it is possible to exclude certain files/locations from AV scan (please remember that this feature should be used with caution).

@Jack_Mayhem

Seems to be affected by a combination of GPU drivers and Windows version. I see the same stalled thumbnail behavior when I press Win+TAB (this is essentially the same Windows API as EVE-O uses) for all minimized windows. Not only EVE but also VLC, YouTube etc. So it seems to be a system-wide thing

If you’ll manage to find out such setting then please ping me. I’ll add this to the FAQ.

You mean the preview of a non-logged EVE Online client? They all have the same name. One day I’ll add some kind of auto-arrange for these windows, but for now they all spawn in the same place. Once you log-in the preview window should move itself to the configured position (if it doesn’t then this is a bug)

Thanks, I knew that was an option but I don’t generally like to exclude files … just in case they ever become infected.

Just downloaded EVE-O Preview, launched it for the first time, and got this error

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
at EveOPreview.LightInjectContainer.Register(Type serviceType, Assembly container)
at EveOPreview.Program.InitializeApplicationController()
at EveOPreview.Program.Main()

Eve-O Preview is in a folder in Documents, and I only have an exe and pdf file.

After a NET-Update - so far works for me.

I didn’t find it in the forum nor the documentation: Is there a possibility to save the position of the thumbs?

I’d like to assign the same hotlkey to the different chars on one account. Tried to, but that didn’t work properly - only the 1st char works. Would it be possible to adjust assignment of hotkeys depending on clients actually running?

Thx

They should be saved (for logged-in clients)

Kinda weird. IT should work exactly as you described (ie it should be possible to assign the same hotkey to several chars on the same account). Could you send me your config file?

Here we go:

{
“MinimizeToTray”: false,
“ThumbnailRefreshPeriod”: 500,
“ThumbnailsOpacity”: 0.7,
“EnableClientLayoutTracking”: false,
“HideActiveClientThumbnail”: false,
“MinimizeInactiveClients”: false,
“ShowThumbnailsAlwaysOnTop”: true,
“HideThumbnailsOnLostFocus”: false,
“EnablePerClientThumbnailLayouts”: false,
“ThumbnailSize”: “384, 216”,
“ThumbnailMaximumSize”: “960, 540”,
“ThumbnailMinimumSize”: “192, 108”,
“EnableThumbnailSnap”: true,
“EnableThumbnailZoom”: false,
“ThumbnailZoomFactor”: 2,
“ThumbnailZoomAnchor”: 0,
“ShowThumbnailOverlays”: true,
“ShowThumbnailFrames”: false,
“EnableActiveClientHighlight”: true,
“ActiveClientHighlightColor”: “GreenYellow”,
“ActiveClientHighlightThickness”: 3,
“PerClientLayout”: {},
“FlatLayout”: {
“EVE”: “1915, 833”,
“EVE - alt1”: “1943, 340”,
“EVE - alt2”: “1933, 585”,
“EVE - alt3”: “1930, 95”,
“EVE - alt4”: “1932, 814”
},
“ClientLayout”: {},
“ClientHotkey”: {
“EVE - alt1”: “F9”,
“EVE - alt2”: “F9”,
“EVE - alt4”: “F9”,
“EVE - alt5”: “F10”,
“EVE - alt6”: “F10”,
“EVE - alt7”: “F10”,
“EVE - alt8”: “F11”,
“EVE - alt9”: “F11”,
“EVE - alt10”: “F12”,
“EVE - alt10”: “F12”
},
“DisableThumbnail”: {},
“PriorityClients”:
}

Hmm… seems to have settled in. Except that F12 is not working, but firing up Eve Help instead.

From your config file:

Is this a typo or you really have the same char in this list twice? Could be the reason for lost key binding

Nah, i just overwrote the actual names. And somehow it seems to work now - didn’t change anything in between. Just restarted few times. I’m ggod now. TY!

Sorry for the late reply. Previews work and are animated in Win+Tab, as well as when hovering over taskbar icons.
I’m using a 2560x1080 monitor, if that could be a factor.

Is this with minimized clients or just with not focused ones?

In config file I add shortcut “alt+~” (alt+`) for one window and when run i character EVE-O preview show error and close. It only on my PC? (with alt+5 no error for this window)

How do i add shortcuts?, i’d like to just use 1 key to switch through each active client if possible?

Covered in the readme.pdf file or here: GitHub - Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview: An EVE client window switcher tool created to aid playing with multiple clients in CCP game EVE Online

This feature is not supported (and won’t ever be).

Sure it looks lucrative and it is possible from technical POV. Still in my opinion this comes way to close to the dark area of ‘unfair advantage’ and ‘input automation’.

In the meantime works fine. thx for the tool!

One issue: when changing windows user accounts (alt+l) and coming back to the user account that has eve&tool running, tool crashes.

One wish: firing up the clients puts their thumb to top left - until a character is selected. Also no keybindings up to that point. Would be nice if this thumb of selection screen could be placed & saved at will - and if one could give a keyboard shortcut.

Not sure if this will work. Ann non-logged EVE clients have the same name, so it is not possible to distinguish them to assign keybinding. Re saving position - I’ll take a look.

Could you send me the crashlog via eve-mail? It should be saved into a file named EVE-O Preview.log next to the tool’s .exe file.

TIA

Not sure if this will work. Ann non-logged EVE clients have the same name, so it is not possible to distinguish them to assign keybinding. Re saving position - I’ll take a look.

I know that they have the same name - but using a keybind that will select the first selection screen would be fine, so no need to alt-tab or mouse-click.

Could you send me the crashlog via eve-mail? It should be saved into a file named EVE-O Preview.log next to the tool’s .exe file.

When I have reproduced the error I’m happy to do so, atm enjoying that EVE is up and running again :wink:

Log of the crash:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80263001): {Die Desktopkomposition ist deaktiviert.} Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden, da die Desktopkomposition deaktiviert ist. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80263001)
bei EveOPreview.Services.Interop.DwmApiNativeMethods.DwmRegisterThumbnail(IntPtr dest, IntPtr source)
bei EveOPreview.Services.Implementation.DwmThumbnail.Register(IntPtr destination, IntPtr source)
bei EveOPreview.Services.Implementation.WindowManager.RegisterThumbnail(IntPtr destination, IntPtr source)
bei EveOPreview.View.ThumbnailView.RegisterThumbnail()
bei EveOPreview.View.ThumbnailView.Refresh(Boolean forceRefresh)
bei EveOPreview.Services.ThumbnailManager.RefreshThumbnails()
bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei EveOPreview.View.MainForm.Show()
bei EveOPreview.Presenter`1.Run()
bei EveOPreview.Program.Main()