EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Could an easier key binding method be added? Perhaps some GUI rather than editting the json file?

Sure. Go ahead, implement it and make a pull request - I will gladly accept it.

1 Like

I do not know how to program, srry, you are the programmer right?

EVE-O Preview has made my EVE-Boxing life much easier. I canā€™t thank you enough!

I was wondering. We have the option to (Minimize inactive EVE clients), which in doing so makes our CPUā€™s cry less. Although doing that freezes our displays until clicking back on it. Is it possible to get the benefit of a continuous moving display, while having them minimized?

Cheers,

Iā€™m afraind not.

EVE window stops to redraw itself once it is minimized (like any other app window btw). There is no way to have both EVE client window minimzed and being redrawed at the same time.

2 Likes

The reason a minimized inactive client draws upon your CPU less is because itā€™s not bothering to update itself constantly presumably, like Phrynohyas basically said. You canā€™t have your cake and eat it, too, in this case.

Phrynohyas, thanks so much for EVE-O preview. I use it each and every day for my 3 EVE toons (and their altsā€¦ and their altsā€™ alts).

Great tool
Just installed it .
What a live changer

1 Like

Interface Enhancements (with a sailormoon crystal judgement background )

Hey im doing something really wrong(must be an age thing ), ive downloaded the file, unzipped it but cant find an exe?

Please double-check that you have downloaded the release itself https://github.com/Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview/releases/download/5.0.0/EVE-O.Preview.5.0.0.zip , not the sources archive

Phrynohyas, my EVE-O Preview has recently started making all 3 of my accountsā€™ login screens open on my secondary monitor by default whereas they used to all 3 open on my primary monitor.

I did log off my 3rd main and log in an alt and put the client on the 2nd monitor one time in the past week, then log back in my mainā€¦ and maybe in so doing screwed up something with the ā€œtrack client locationsā€ option, butā€¦ Iā€™ve tried unchecking that box, closing EVE-O Preview and relaunching it, closing all 3 clients of all 3 accounts on the primary monitor, and whatever I do theyā€™re continuining to open on the secondary monitor.

Itā€™s a minor issue but I figured Iā€™d ask it here as Iā€™ve been using your great program for years as I said above in late 2019 andā€¦ this is the first time this has happened. The only other checkbox I have checked is Previews always on top, btw. Thanks andā€¦ free bump for the topic if nothing else! ;D

Hey, hope youā€™re doing well, and havenā€™t won at EvE yet.

Not seeing much activity on github, so got me a bit worried

Hey

As you would see my zkb is also silent for like 2 months :smiley: Took a small break that suddenly turned into a 2-months long hiatus. Some of my cats had health issues, so it took (and still takes) like 2-3 hours a day to visit a doctor to do all the stuff. This means that I have no time for EVE (except for login rewards lol)

The thing is actually stable (mostly).
Thereā€™s not much to add without risking to trigger CCP Security with all that ā€œautomationā€ and ā€œunfair advantageā€ stuff.

1 Like

How about a ā€œhide allā€ hot-key option (unless it already exists and Iā€™m missing it).

Either a default bind, or the option to make one via the config if I want to, that minimizes all eve windows and eve-o previews.

Hello

This is kinda odd as it should not affect non-logged clients. EVE-O Preview doesnā€™t know which char you are going to log on, so it should not touch unlogged clients.

Please try to do the following:

1. Reboot (just in case)
  2. DO NOT start EVE-O Preview
  3. Try to start EVE cllient
  4. If it lands on the correct screen then please:
    4.1. Close the client
    4.2. Start EOP
    4.3. Try to start client again
    4.4. If the issue is again there then pls send me your config file
  5. If it lands on the 2nd screen then please:
    5.1. Use Win + Shift + arrow keys to move it to the correct display
    5.2. Log in
    5.3. Close client
    5.4. Close launcher
    5.5. This should force Windows and launcher to remember the correct launch screen

Thereā€™s no such key. What would be a use scenario for this (need this to better understand the best way to implement this feature)?

1 Like

I totally donā€™t play at work every now and thenā€¦

It would be an ā€œoh ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ button. Certainly not needed, would just be nice.

1 Like

I was mainly looking at the stuff like default window position (pre-login) and little minor things like that.

Windows 10 has built-in multiple desktop support + hotkeys to switch between these desktops. Could be a workaround (also there wonā€™t be any traces of EVE clients in the taskbar)

1 Like

I never thought about thisā€¦gonna have to check it out.