EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

It is not. I tried it with and without and the thumbnails still freeze. If it helps, I am running v5.0.1 on Windows 10.

What I have checked is “Track client locations”, “Hide preview of active EVE client”, “Previews always on top”, and “Hide previews when EVE client is not active”.

First: Great job and awesome app.
Second: I apologize in advance for not being as tech competent as some of you and thank you for any help.

I can not find any way to set it to “fixed or borderless windowed mode”. Could you please explain how to do this? Using Windows 10, if that matters.

This is EVE client setting, not EVE-o preview.
Window mode: Fixed window.

Man, I don’t know how I played so long without this app. Makes swapping between my alts a breeze. I just have a minor issue to report. I set it up and was using it initially without issue. Since I keep it running in the background, whenever I start the eve client up again, it seems the character login window screws up the preview window size. I keep them at 15% of my client resolution of 1920 x 1080 (preview 272 x 162 but they get resized and moved to the upper left when on the character select screen. The preview size also gets changed to 272 x 123. I have to keep manually changing the size back to 162.

I have a dual monitor setup and run both clients on my main monitor. The preview windows are set as an “overlay” on my main monitor. I run Eve in fullscreen windowed mode. Below is the JSON file. If I start Eve-O Preview AFTER logging in to the game, everything is fine.

{
  "MinimizeToTray": true,
  "ThumbnailRefreshPeriod": 500,
  "CompatibilityMode": false,
  "ThumbnailsOpacity": 0.75,
  "EnableClientLayoutTracking": false,
  "HideActiveClientThumbnail": true,
  "MinimizeInactiveClients": true,
  "ShowThumbnailsAlwaysOnTop": true,
  "HideThumbnailsOnLostFocus": false,
  "EnablePerClientThumbnailLayouts": false,
  "ThumbnailSize": "272, 162",
  "ThumbnailMaximumSize": "960, 540",
  "ThumbnailMinimumSize": "192, 108",
  "EnableThumbnailSnap": true,
  "EnableThumbnailZoom": false,
  "ThumbnailZoomFactor": 2,
  "ThumbnailZoomAnchor": 0,
  "ShowThumbnailOverlays": true,
  "ShowThumbnailFrames": false,
  "EnableActiveClientHighlight": false,
  "ActiveClientHighlightColor": "GreenYellow",
  "ActiveClientHighlightThickness": 3,
  "PerClientLayout": {},
  "FlatLayout": {
    "EVE - Alt 1": "1296, 0",
    "EVE - Alt 2": "1296, 0"
  },
  "ClientLayout": {},
  "ClientHotkey": {},
  "DisableThumbnail": {},
  "PriorityClients": []
}

The previews all moving to the top left corner (and stacking under/atop each other) is normal behavior. Once you actually launch into a specific character on each account, they should all move back to wherever you like them.

I’m not sure on the resizing part, as the size I keep them at is pretty similar to the default, so I wouldn’t notice the resizing as much as the auto-moving.

Hello i have a problem with eve o preview, i switched from win10pro to win7pro and now it doesn’t work

Hey. Please send me the log file (the one you have opened on the screenshot) via eve mail

Hey.
I can’t customize the preview.
When
“CompatibilityMode”: false
there is only a black screen in the preview window.
When “CompatibilityMode”: true
the preview shows a picture of the current character. And you need to reflect the picture according to the name of the preview, another (second) character.
How to make the program settings correct?

Here is the text file:

Check if Aero effects are enabled on your system.

1 Like

You have to enable Aero on your Windows 7 host

1 Like

Thank! EVE-O Preview now works fine.
Aero effects was active.
I changed my graphics card settings. There were user settings (maximum performance). Activated “according to the 3D application”. See screenshot for details. Everything works fine now.

Thank!

After todays update it wont work for me anymore, anone else having issues ?

Care to provide any details?

Hey Guys. On Youtube i saw the Prewiew Windows are live but my Preview Windos are frozen exept the active one. Is there an Option to get all Previews live?

thx

Disable “minimize inactive clients” setting. This is a common pitfall. Minimized windows are not redrawn.

3 Likes

Oh thank you so much

I’m running into a problem where often when I start up Eve-O and then Eve, the preview windows will open and display for a short time, and then the application crashes. There’s no dialogue box or any other notice, the preview windows disappear and Eve-O disappears from my task bar.

Anyone experienced this, and any suggestions?

1 Like

There should be a crashlog file ( EVE-O Preview.log ) in the app folder. Please send me its contents via eve-mail or paste its contents here. It doesn’t contain any personal info, so that would be safe.

TIA

2 Likes