EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

There should be a crash log file next to the EVE-O Preview .exe file. Would be nice to see it.

hi my log error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Não é possível carregar um ou mais dos tipos solicitados. Recupere a propriedade LoaderExceptions para obter mais informaçÔes.
em System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
em System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
em EveOPreview.LightInjectContainer.Register(Type serviceType, Assembly container)
em EveOPreview.Program.InitializeApplicationController()
em EveOPreview.Program.Main()

Uninstall .Net language pack.

Hello, I am having an issue with 5.0, in that it no longer minimizes inactive clients.
Is this due to a recent patch, and is there a 5.1 coming to fix it by chance?

Hello

Please check if option General -> Minimize inactive EVE clients is enabled.

Hello, is it possible to reset the overlay positions without a full reinstall? If I change my monitor layout in windows the overlays are no longer accessible without resetting my monitor to its previous position, and then moving each characters overlay back to a monitor that is not changing position.

Hello
You can just delete the EVE-O Preview.json file - this will reset all settings to its default values

1 Like

You can edit JSON with any text editor. Notepad will do fine.

1 Like

Version 5.0.1 is available.

This is a minor release.
It downgrades the required .NET Framework version from 4.7 to 4.6.2

There is no need to update existing EVE-O Preview installations to this version unless you cannot start the application at all due to missing .NET FX 4.7

I downloaded EVE-O today to use for the first time. The overlay seems to work until the first time I alt-tab out of the client. I can switch between two clients with the overlay, but as soon as I click on even the settings window, the overlays stop appearing in game. Even if I have already minimized the settings window, the overlay stops working quite soon after. I’ve tried the different settings, but I don’t know what’s wrong. I haven’t modified the text document, and EVE-O’s folder has appropriate permissions (i.e., isn’t in Program Files or anything). Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

This app is just awesome :smiley:

Thank you very much!

It would be even more awesome to be able to increase and also to modify the name that appears on the thumbnails (hard to read when the thumbnail is 160x140).

Hey

Please double-check that EVE client is not running in Fullscreen mode (only Fixed Window or Windowed modes are supported). Also check that option General -> Previews always on top is set.

How often do you refresh the “on top” flag?
It may be irrelevant, but in the past I’ve had issues with my forms losing the “ontop” state through time, had to pick a convenient event to fix them back. (In my case it was easy, as the purpose of the form was requiring clicks once every minute or two.)

howdy 
 i also want to start out by saying this is AMAZING!

I’m having 2 odd problems.

1 - XXXX nevermind - i had “unique layout for each EVE client” checked off.

1. I will have a certain client set to 1/4 screen size in a certain spot on a certain monitor. Sometimes when i open that client and select that pilot it puts the windowed client screen in the right place, but the UI/overview scale is so small that it wont let me click anything inside the client and i need to task manager crash it.

Thanks in advance !

Do not use EnableClientLayoutTracking if any of your EVE profiles has different dimensions.

See EVE-O Preview v5.0.1 "Fua Was Wrong" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2020-06-01 ]

ohhhh i see now
THANKS!

Hi bud, firs thank you for the awesome tool that is eve-o preview. It’s been working perfectly for me but am now having issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/gxqky3/halp_i_broke_eve0_preview/

also, i’m not sure how to get he border back, hold down right click and drag doesn’t do anything

thanks!

That’s what I was missing. Thanks!

When I switch between clients, all the others freeze. How do I fix it so it shows the live feed in the thumbnails? Otherwise, love the program.

This