EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Meh.
It it a REALLY dumb ide to ask an developer participating in the EVE Prather program regarding EULA-breaking automation.
And even if I wasn’t, I would report him anyway. Botting and scripting is BAD for EVE

1 Like

Hi All,

I was just wondering, for me when I have them showing it will show the current active client as live but the other one will be frozen (Like a screenshot) and then when I switch it does vice versa. Do I need to change some sort of settings on my eve clients?

NVM should have searched post. had that button ticked about inactive clients… :slight_smile:

Eve-O Preview was installed and working great on my two monitor setup. Pretty easy to install, etc. I had to, today, clear cache and perform resets on my Eve toons and now Eve-O Preview is not working well. If I do not have Eve-O Preview running I can Alt-Tab to each toon/client without issue however Eve-O’s preview windows are either (a) not showing the actual graphic (just a black box), (b) a solid green color, or (c) 100% non-responsive. I have tested it by launching my Eve clients and playing the game with and without Eve-O in use. Lastly, I am not 100% sure how to ‘uninstall’ Eve-O Preview. I renamed the original install to *.old and installed a new instance but the same behaviors are happening. Any ideas or help would be great. I have reviewed their own site and this one to no avail. Really like the app and hope I can fix this. Thank you.

1 Like

Check the client settings. Guess they are running in Fullscreen mode instead of Fixed Window.

Is there some way to cycle through clients with a left/right hotkey, instead of assigning a hotkey per client? Would make going through daily alpha rewards and checking who has empty skillqueues faster, since you can’t bind a hotkey to a client on the character screen.

1 Like

Constantly crashing my game clients. Each client runs fine at 60 Fps without EVE O. Not sure what to do to fix this, but I don’t feel like losing my ships to this program. I can go about 10 minutes before one of my clients crashes.

Crashes how? Since EVE-o does not interact with EVE in any way, that’s an interesting report to hear.

Then do not use it. You know where the delete button is and there will be no traces of it in your system.

Considering that EVE-O Preview does NOT interact with EVE client in any other way than moving its main window, this looks more like a host system instability.

1 Like

Well, my friends, I guess you all know that the world has changed last week. The crazy sh*t is going on.

For uncertain period of time development and support of of EVE-O Preview are in minimal mode (read: there will be delays). Still, the application itself is quite stable, even on Win 11, so I guess you will be fine :grinning:

Fly safe and stay alive.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone is having the same issue, but I run 5 clients, however one specific client won’t show up in Eve-o. I’ve tried checking/unnchecking all of the settings, closing both Eve and Eve-o, to no avail. Any ideas? The other 4 work perfectly.

Is it always the same client? Please show your configuration file here (WARNING: It contains your char names. Replace names with ### and somehow mark the client name that is not displayed)

Hey, thanks for the reply! I took a look at the config file to copy it here and noticed that for some reason, the client in question was marked as being way off screen. Instead of “FlatLayout: 1-1000” it was set at over 3000, so I lowered it and it appeared on screen.

Thanks for the prompt!

1 Like

Hello,

I have been using EVE-O preview for some time now. I have set up Hotkey bindings for my main clients but was wonder is there a way to set a hot key binding to switch between clients in a ascending or descending order. For example, Shift+TAB Cycle from client 1 through Client 9 and Alt+Shift+TAB cycle from 9 to 1. This idea basically minimizes the amount of window clicking.

“EVE - Evenextclientascending”: “Shift+TAB”
"EVE - Evenextclientdescending ": “Alt+Shift+TAB”

I know the script is incorect just put it that as an example.
thanks in advance.

There’s literally lots of programs to automate routine windows switching tasks.
Pick one, list your clients in a script and bind hotkeys to walk the list.

Hi so having a slight issue, whichever client opens second won’t switch to by keybind, (Clicking on the thumbnail still works) this seems to be because I play with a fixed window? is there a workaround that doesn’t require me not to use fixed window clients?

Did you enable window identification in EVE settings?

I can’t find that setting but both of my clients are named by their characters if that’s what you mean?

I understand as you say, there are many programs that do these things. But that’s not what I was asking. Im not asking for another program. I am trying to perform the next client function within the eve-o preview without the need for a secondary app. I am unfamiliar the the script formula needed to to create a key bind that will switch to next client without then need to create a key bind for 21 clients. As I have 21 active actions.

Hey
Seems I finally quit my 2nd job (because these f**kers decided not to pay) and I will now have some time to do EOP-related stuff. Stay tuned, the thing you want will be there soon™

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in additional support for a toggle client (asc and desc would be great) hotkey getting added as a feature. When multiboxing, sometimes it’s nice to just switch to all of them in order one at a time to do something vs needing a ton of unique hotkeys that need to be assigned and pressed.