Eve Online Astronomy Club

Let’s see your telescope rig set up.

No it is science determining the correct eyepiece to use based on the object being viewed.

Astronomers use the same method of detecting moons in orbit around distant planets. They take images of the star in varied phases and then look for the dips in the light curve.

I guess you are also going to tell the astronomers who used the old glass plate technique that they wouldn’t find any moons orbiting stars as well.

I have to ask you again Yiole what type of rig and eyepieces, CMOS cameras and or Smarphone do you have and how many nights out of the week do you spend looking through your rig?

You are a classic troll who is normal and doesn’t like anyone who is not like you are.

This thread is about showing people what they wouldn’t otherwise see for whatever reason they won’t see it. So unless you have your own rig then I suggest that you return to the game, point, click, orbit and blast away.

1 Like

Threshold adjustment of 20 showing the stars in more detail.

Pixel Scattering

You will notice that in some of the images the pixels are scattered. This is called pixel scattering. Pixel scattering is the result of sunlight reflecting off of an object and due to the distance from the Earth to the star or object being viewed along with the speed of light, which is 299 792 458 m / s, that the scattered pixels would definitely be an object that reflected light or is producing light that took 299 mil plus m/s to reach Earth.

Basically, the light is being reflected from an object takes x amount of light years to reach us. A star that is 100 light years away will not create light that we see in a 1:1 or light that we see from our own sun as being instant, rather we think that we are seeing the light instantly but in fact the light from the sun is 8.33 minutes old when it reaches our eye.

We don’t see reflections and objects in the night sky as they are if we were 1 mile away but we are seeing the light and the objects in the night sky as they were 100 years ago for example which is based on far away the object is and how long it’s light takes to reach us.

The light that we see from objects in space, unless that object is within 299,792,458 meters or only taking a second to reach our eye, is always at least 1 second behind the object that the light was reflected from a light source. This means that if you are looking at light that from an object that is 3 seconds old, the object that created the light has already moved three seconds. This is why objects close to Earth, such as the Moon, create blurred images when taking photos through a telescope that is not auto tracking and continually tracks the Moon to keep within a few planck seconds of the light being reflected off of it’s surface.

The image below shows a close up view of the largest star and the three stars, there should be four because I think the lower four stars form the cup of the Little Dipper, below the largest star in the middle.

You will notice pixel scattering in two of them but in the other two the pixel scattering appears to form an ellipse around the star. The scattering around the star that does not form an ellipse is most likely space dust.

Space dust doesn’t form a continual ellipse around its host star. Moons orbiting a star would create such an elliptical pattern.

Pixel%20scattering2

Threshold set to 1.

Going back to the largest star being focused on, I zoomed in and despeckled the star 50 times.

Original before despeckling

Original despeckled 50 times

You can see the heat signature or the light of the sun being reflected off of something in the lower left region below the star that has little variance in it’s color even after 50 Despeckling runs. Most likely a Moon that is reflecting the light or even possibly a gas giant. Until I figure out what star I am viewing in the image above we won’t know for certain.

The image below is of the Moon in the lower left corner of the star. Using the color picker in Paint Shop Pro, I sampled numerous regions of the image. The darker the red color up to 17 which is near the center would determine a hotter region on the object. As I moved the sampler away from the center the temperature or the number reduced from 17 to 15 to 12 then 9 and 6 until 0 was achieved meaning that the heat or light being reflected off of the object was no longer considered a number. The reason being is that the heat or light or radiation value was too small and dissipated long before reaching the Earth.

As I went around in a circle from left to right the brighter red area at the top stayed a constant 12 with the middle layer being consistent at 17 while the areas around the outside reduced from the 12 down to 3. Temperature zone three. the lower left hand corner pixel fluctuated in temperature between 3 and 6 while the sides varied from 3 through 9 until the temperature variable reached 12.

Temperature zone 3 would be part of the Moon that was coldest or was cooling down due to not facing the star. If the object is a Moon or Gas Giant then it would have to be revolving around its own axis, other wise the tidally locked planet would see very little heat on the back side at all.

Based on the temperature sampling I would have to say that if the object is a moon or gas giant that it is tidally locked and is angled with the top of the planet receiving more sun light hence the 17 sampling while the sampling of 12 would be the angled deflection temperature sampling of radiation being reflected.

Obj2a12aMoon

Below is a representation of how the temperature zones from the above image would be greater at the point where the object was facing the sun or the 17 and how the temperatures quickly from 17 to 3 as the back side of the planet received less heat but still radiates heat into space.

If the image is that of a moon then it is most likely a tidally locked moon. Otherwise the moon would have hotter temperature sampling even on the backside as it revolved on its axis very fast.

The object could be a Gas Giant as well.

Like I said, until I have definite clarification on what star formation I took the image of, I won’t know for certain if the star has been cataloged or not or if the star has any orbital bodies orbiting it.

The great thing about being an amateur astronomer/astrophotographer is that you are not confined by tax money at what you too view. Catching colds and getting the flu later in the season as it gets colder however is a tax burden.

2 Likes

https://petapixel.com/2019/09/09/this-video-was-made-from-400000-actual-photos-of-a-comet-in-space/?fbclid=IwAR046_nqUTCye-4yt4vjzbG1JhmabEiMytCiGDQBDqwHX7nt_zXRb3Isiag

From 2014 to 2016, the European Space Agency’s Rosetta spacecraft followed the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko (67p) around space: collecting scientific data, sending a probe to its surface, and capturing some 400,000 photographs of the comet. This cinematic video was made from those photos.

The short film above was created by Motion Designer Christian Stangl and Composer Wolfgang Stangl, who worked together to combine and score “digitally enhanced real-footage from the probe” that was released by the ESA once the mission was came to a close.

The result is literally otherworldly. Footage of “an active alien body, far out in the depths of our solar system.” Click play up top for a little bit of comet landing awe.

1 Like

Discovery of new star formation.

Tonight I discovered four new stars as I probed the night sky. These stars were very bright which took me by surprise when I looked for them in the night sky with the naked eye. I used Google Sky to track their location. The closest location is HD 80456.

1011190232Skinnercolored

1011190232SkinnerNeg

SkinnerGoogleStars

1 Like

I think I might have also discovered three moons around one of images of star formations that I took a few weeks ago.

I will post them later, but now, sleep.

The first image is the original image taken. I am not certain what star formation this is, but the brightest star in the middle is definitely an F Class Main Sequence star. The next brightest star, directly underneath, looks to also be an F Class Main Sequence star.

The next image is of the original shot above where I used filters to bring out the light that was present in the original shot but barely visible to the naked eye or not at all.

The next picture is a magnified or zoomed in image of the bright star in the middle of the original image. This image has not been photo shopped rather Paint Shopped, as you will notice the fractal to the lower left of the Sun is basically the same arrangement of the Jedi faith symbol. Hoop and holler all you want about it being fake, well it isn’t. That fractal appear there when the image of the sun was taken with Smartphone and telescope. Download the image, reverse engineer, decompile it and do whatever you have to prove that it was photo shopped in.

You’ll notice to the right of the cross in the symbol there is a dark circle at about 8:40. Going counter-clockwise you can also see two smaller circles close to each other at about 6:30 and 7:00. At the top of the star is another larger darker circle at about 11:00.

The next image is a comparison of the original star taken a few moments after the first image. You’ll notice that the three objects or moons from the original image have orbited counter-clockwise around the star. The black and white image is a negative image of the star.

The next image is of the same star but filtered using a reverse negative technique. You can see the two objects on the right side of the star and another object off to the left corner of the star.

This image is a negative of the star that shows the two objects on the right, one at the bottom and possibly one in the upper left corner above the cross. The image following the first one is the same image blow up 5,000 times its original size. The final image in this set is the original black and white negative blow up an additional 5,000 times.

This image is of the original star formation that I cleaned up using by removing some of the noise. The top star is the F-Class Main Sequence star. Notice that the two objects that are close together are once again present and positioned at 9:00? The pixels of the two stars with arrows pointing to them also form an ellipse or have the appearance of following an orbit. The other stars have what is called pixel scattering or what could be light reflecting off of dust particles or possibly radiation. Pixel scattering however doesn’t form paths that are nearly elliptical however.

In this image I haven’t been able to figure out the correct shutter speed yet thus creating a star trail of the star in question, once again the F-Class Main Sequence star. The green dot that is circled looks to be an object just like the black dot above and to the right, which once again would appear to be the two objects orbiting close each other.

By the way, here is an image of Jupiter and its four Moons. I noticed in this photo that are also the same two black circles that look like Moons but obviously are not.Any explanation on what they might be?

Here is a cleaner shot of the star formation. At first I thought that the star formation might be the Little Dipper, but the stars on the cup are backwards.

Someone on the Reddit forum told me that what I was seeing were artifacts and were not moons and that I wouldn’t be able to see the moons with my cheap equipment and graphic programs. The fact is that the negative image of the sun has been blown up by nearly 15,000 times its original size of a pencil dot.

An artifact would not appear in the image as objects orbiting the sun in the images given that I greatly reduced the noise and de-speckled the image up to 50 times.

The camera on my phone.

1 Like

Constellation Map

https://www.go-astronomy.com/constellations.htm

2 Likes

Close up of the Jedi Star showing what I think could be two moons or planets or even possibly somethings creating two perfect round spots orbiting the Jedi Star.

I think the ‘moons’ that are appearing in this image have also shown up in other images as well and must have something to do with the camera taking the shot.

1 Like

I think the constellation might be Orion, The Hunter. The top two sets of stars match but then everything is flipped around starting with the arrow. So obviously the star formation is not Orion, The Hunter

Orion

1006190047b

1 Like

Another zoomed image of a star.

Looks like there is an orbital path of something.

Another planet with odd dark shapes in the image.

Original

Notice the four bright areas on the right side of the star? Definitely not moons or planets so they have to be something that is made during the taking of the image.

The next image is produced by the Fur effect. The three dots with lines could be objects orbiting the star. If the dots were made by the camera then then would have shown up in the following image which is of a totally different stars

Fur%20with%20three%20dots

Double Stars

I take that back, the Fur affect does in fact add the lines thus cancelling out the black lines as being “objects”
Infrared of the double stars

Infrared of the star in the upper right corner

Color adjustments to the double stars and star in the upper right hand corner

Right hand corner star.

It almost looks as if something is pulling the gases off of the stars surface seen in the form of a tail

Right%20Hand%20Corner%20Star%20color%20adjustment

This image shows the right hand corner star in what appears to be some type of cage.
Right%20Hand%20Corner%20Star

Star Formation Located At:

Ra: 09h 20m
Ha: 17.20
Dec -49.47

Green1

GrInfrared2|482x405

GrInfrared5

Orange1

1 Like

Tonight if the weather is willing I have three objects that I will be tracking

1. Proxima Centauri - the closest star to Earth

2. V616 Monocerotis - THE BLACK HOLE CANDIDATE V616 MON (A0620-00):

In the constellation Monoceros, an X-ray source known as A0620-00 brightened by more than five orders of magnitude (100,000 times) in the winter of 1975. This X-ray nova event is associated with a main sequence K star known to show optical brightness variations and thus designated V616 Mon. The K star orbits an unseen companion once every 7.75 hours with a maximum velocity of 457 km/s. It is believed that the light of the K star varies because the star’s shape is distorted by the gravitational pull of its invisible but massive companion. The mass of the compact star must be greater than 3.2 solar masses and may be greater than 7.3 solar masses, making this an excellent candidate for a black hole.

1. XTE J1118+480, another black hole candidate.

Just a little too foggy take good snaps. I’ll try again this upcoming weekend.

1 Like

Three more stars to add to the Skinner star formation.

Skinner e
Skinner%20e

Skinner f

Skinner g

1 Like

The next star is a bit puzzling.

Taken at 2:43 am with its location being:

Alt : - 47.46 deg
Az : 09.62 deg
Ra : 11.22h
Ha : 15.40h
Dec : -29.55

Closest celestial object:
IC 2764
Dec : -28deg58m47.0s

Google%20Earth

This star is unusual because the raw image has two black spots near the bottom of the sun that were taken when the shot was snapped. When Fade Correct and and infrared are used there is an object reflecting light or possibly a sun below and to the left of the Sheep Star as well as another star appearing further north of the Sheep Star that was not present when the star was shot.

Original image

Star zoomed in.

Fade Correction of 15 reveals another star north of the primary star.

Northern star seen without any Fade Correction

I got lucky with this shot because there wasn’t the usual noise associated with most of the images that could cancel out the reflection of the stars light off of an object. Running the Infrared filter again either a planet that is reflecting the light of the primary star or another star itself is revealed below and to the left of the primary star.

1 Like

Piecing together the mysteries of New Eden and Earth, one constellation at a time.

With the New Eden wormhole entry point being only 310 light years from the SOl system’s sun, it could be very likely that Triglavians are in fact some aspect of a search and rescue party sent from the Canopus solar system.

Canopus /kəˈnoʊpəs/ is the brightest star in the southern constellation of Carina, and is located near the western edge of the constellation around 310 light-years from the Sun. Its proper name is generally considered to originate from the mythological Canopus , who was a navigator for Menelaus, king of Sparta.

New Eden and Earth would have had an extensive line of sight network set up between Earth and the Canopus system jump off point. The wormhole would have most like have created a communication black out until the landing point had been reached.

Upon exiting the first priority of the early scouts would have been to catalogue their current position in space by taking numerous images of the star formations that the computers and opticals ( Basically large ships with CMOS arrays. Or in simpler terms, football field sized camera sensors that you would find in every day Smartphones or Deep Space Object Cameras such as the ZWO line of DSO cameras) of the scouts.

You wouldn’t simply throw hundreds of millions of explorers and colonists into an uncharted region. You would first catalogue the stars and form constellations. From there the Large CMOS Array Ships would probe solar systems looking for transiting planets. Once transiting planets had been found colonial commanders and the directors of the exploratory missions would have sent more scouts to investigate and catalogue the planets they had found.

All of the information gathered within the first 10 to 15 years by the early scouts, star formations, star types and solar system data would have been sent back through the wormhole to Earth.

So there does exist the chance that Earth does know the location of where New Eden is in another galaxy based on the star logs returned to Earth by the early scouts.

If New Eden is set in an entirely different universe than Earth then the particulars that existed and still exist that created the Earth Universe would have existed that created the New Eden Universe at the same time.

As much I have studied numerous aspects of geology of Earth, I have discovered that over time all that has drifted apart, the continents being solar systems, the oceans being the expand of space in between, and the core, the core being the start of it all for our Universe, that there are many Universes out there where our Universe is but a galaxy upon the oceans in between each. Over time all will come back together, just like the continents that pushed up through the oceans cooled by the expanse of water into solid rock while a conduit of energy, lava tubes or wormholes or Stargates, ensured that energy from the core would reach the surface.

Energy that would create life. Life that would have been one and then divided to create new life across the planet that then drifted apart as the continents of the galaxy, the galaxies of the Universe, the universes of each core, the heart. The core of each set of living universes beating in rhythm, will eventually come back together as one mass where all life will come together as one mass and then expand once again as the heart replenishes the life blood of the soul.

Be that as it may, creation would not have been so isolated in its thoughts to have created only one planet with life on it, or one solar system with with life or one galaxy, or one Universe. Life would have ensured that the sphere of its own existence would have been present on many hemispheres of its own core.

Black Holes, returning the used blood of our Universe, planets and stars, back to the Core so that it can be replenished in the heart to provide new life in the Universe. The Big Bang, the moment that new blood flowed from the Core and created life in our Universe, just one cell, amongst trillions of cells creating the body of humanity of the human, of the man. All men die, but to die is too merely bring new life to a new born so that the Core will know us and us the Core.

Our knowledge, our wisdom, our temperance and heart shielding the young so that they may live a better life, know more than we did, do more than we did, too make use more than we were.

To know that we are not alone, that our heart beats a millions souls across our Universe and into the Core that others know we are here, across the expanse of the oceans, the temples of time and space, the fronds of the jungle before us that cloud out eyes with their hidden mysteries that like vines, welcomes our touch. Each reach into the darkness of space, the entrance to the temple covered with vines, its foundation never collapsing yet it is cracked and crumbling, draws us into the cracks darkness. Such a small fissure across space and time, yet the fear of the Core pushed us into the unknown depths of what the Core has not touched but what we must so that the Core will know that what we see is what the Core sees so that the Core will understand that it is us looking back at it.

1 Like

Proxima Centauri is too far under the horizon for me view as are the other two objects.

Double Star with mask unsharpened filter that increases the light of the star in the upper right hand corner.

You can almost see the cage around the star in the upper right hand corner in this image.

1 Like

I spent some time trying to find what the squiggly lines in the images below are. The closest that I came were rogue x-rays to explain their design.

Rogue x-rays could be the reason or perhaps the exposure and shutter speed on the camera is capturing the light interacting with particles in space at odd angles. But as of today I have not found any reputable source from NASA that clearly defines what is causing these squiggles.

I have even asked NASA, Hubble and other space telescope based agencies what they squiggles could be and as of yet I have not received a response. So until then I would take the squiggles as being something inter dimensional or light interacting with space in way that hasn’t been figured out.

The first image is one of the ones that I shot when I first got my rig.

The arrows point to the two different stars that are being observed.

Top star

A green star is radiating right in the center of the visible light spectrum, which means it is emitting some light in all the possible colors. The star would therefore appear white — a combination of all colors. Earth’s sun emits a lot of green light, but humans see it as white.

This means that I took the image of the star right as it was radiating light from the center of the visible light spectrum. The star would actually appear white to our eyes when viewed with the naked eye thus making it an F class star with a surface temperature of between 5k and 6k Kelvins.

Bottom star

Purple stars are something the human eye won’t easily see because our eyes are more sensitive to blue light. Since a star emitting purple light also sends out blue light — the two colors are next to one another on the visible light spectrum — the human eye primarily picks up the blue light.

Therefore the purple star is really a blue putting it somewhere in the range of being an O or B class star that is approx 30,000 Kelvins on its surface.

ISO : 1600
Shutter Speed : 30 sec.
F-Stop Number : f/1.9
Exposure : 0.00 ev

If you look at the top star and the bottom star you can see that during the 30 seconds that the image was taken that the star moved three different times compared to the bottom star that seems to have not moved at all.

What this means is that the light from the top star is reaching Earth three times faster than the bottom stars light thus putting the stop closer to Earth than the bottom star.

In this image you can see some squiggles around the star but not very many.

90033a

ISO : 0
Shutter Speed : 1/5th sec.
F-Stop Number : f/1.6

In the next image however the artifacts, squiggles, are more apparent.

ISO : 2250
Shutter Speed : 1.0 sec.

The next image is much clearer and free of artifacts.

ISO : 0
Shutter Speed : 1/5th sec.

The next image is full of artifacts around the two stars.

ISO : 3200
Shutter Speed : 1/3rd sec.

Even more artifacts appear in this image. You cane even see what appears to be two humanoid forms in the left corner near the sun. One is raising its hands to the sun while the one beside it is pointing to the sun. Going counter-clock wise you can see what appears to be a humanoid form with glowing hands at the 5 o-clock position.

ISO : 3200
Shutter Speed : 1/3rd sec.

This photo contains a lot of interesting artifacts and will be the center piece in this discussion on artifacts.

Quadrant A

Sector A-a

Sharpness increased to make the artifacts stand out more.

A-a

A-b

Remember these images have not been altered other than increasing the sharpness or the lighting of the image.

Viewing the artifacts is best done by downloading the image and then viewing it Windows Photo Viewer or GIMP 2.8.

1 Like

Ten minute long video of the Moon shot through my smartphone attached to my 127mm rig.

2 Likes

S5-HVS1, a star in the Crane shaped constellation, Grus, was ejected from the center our galaxy at approximately the same time that our human ancestors were learning to walk up right. S5 spotted travelling at around 3.7 million mph, about ten times faster than most stars travel and relatively close to Earth at 29,000 light-years.

What is really interesting is that the star will eventually leave our galaxy. Is it a flare for other civilizations that have also experienced the same event, a star ejecting from the center of their galaxy where life is just learning to walk?

Is S5 a beacon for our Universe that as it leaves our own Universe and travels across the expanse and into another Universe, will alien life become intrigued at where the foreign star came from?

1 Like

On July 25th, 1976 NASA/JPL released the Face on Mars located in Cydonia on Mars.

Face%20on%20Mars

On October 11th, 2019 at 1:42 AM, I believe I took the first image of someone looking back at us from another dimension, possibly through an alien portal or religious symbol that surrounds the face in the middle.

Original image

Original image with locating way points.

The image is able to be seen alot better using GIMP or Paint Shop Pro

Here is a close up of the face.

You will notice in the second image that the two ribbons are also symmetrical in shape.

2 Likes

Man, those shipping costs must have been insane!

*bad-um tish*

:blush:

1 Like