Eve Online Astronomy Club

Let’s see your telescope rig set up.

No it is science determining the correct eyepiece to use based on the object being viewed.

Astronomers use the same method of detecting moons in orbit around distant planets. They take images of the star in varied phases and then look for the dips in the light curve.

I guess you are also going to tell the astronomers who used the old glass plate technique that they wouldn’t find any moons orbiting stars as well.

I have to ask you again Yiole what type of rig and eyepieces, CMOS cameras and or Smarphone do you have and how many nights out of the week do you spend looking through your rig?

You are a classic troll who is normal and doesn’t like anyone who is not like you are.

This thread is about showing people what they wouldn’t otherwise see for whatever reason they won’t see it. So unless you have your own rig then I suggest that you return to the game, point, click, orbit and blast away.

Threshold adjustment of 20 showing the stars in more detail.

Pixel Scattering

You will notice that in some of the images the pixels are scattered. This is called pixel scattering. Pixel scattering is the result of sunlight reflecting off of an object and due to the distance from the Earth to the star or object being viewed along with the speed of light, which is 299 792 458 m / s, that the scattered pixels would definitely be an object that reflected light or is producing light that took 299 mil plus m/s to reach Earth.

Basically, the light is being reflected from an object takes x amount of light years to reach us. A star that is 100 light years away will not create light that we see in a 1:1 or light that we see from our own sun as being instant, rather we think that we are seeing the light instantly but in fact the light from the sun is 8.33 minutes old when it reaches our eye.

We don’t see reflections and objects in the night sky as they are if we were 1 mile away but we are seeing the light and the objects in the night sky as they were 100 years ago for example which is based on far away the object is and how long it’s light takes to reach us.

The light that we see from objects in space, unless that object is within 299,792,458 meters or only taking a second to reach our eye, is always at least 1 second behind the object that the light was reflected from a light source. This means that if you are looking at light that from an object that is 3 seconds old, the object that created the light has already moved three seconds. This is why objects close to Earth, such as the Moon, create blurred images when taking photos through a telescope that is not auto tracking and continually tracks the Moon to keep within a few planck seconds of the light being reflected off of it’s surface.

The image below shows a close up view of the largest star and the three stars, there should be four because I think the lower four stars form the cup of the Little Dipper, below the largest star in the middle.

You will notice pixel scattering in two of them but in the other two the pixel scattering appears to form an ellipse around the star. The scattering around the star that does not form an ellipse is most likely space dust.

Space dust doesn’t form a continual ellipse around its host star. Moons orbiting a star would create such an elliptical pattern.

Pixel%20scattering2

Threshold set to 1.

Going back to the largest star being focused on, I zoomed in and despeckled the star 50 times.

Original before despeckling

Original despeckled 50 times

You can see the heat signature or the light of the sun being reflected off of something in the lower left region below the star that has little variance in it’s color even after 50 Despeckling runs. Most likely a Moon that is reflecting the light or even possibly a gas giant. Until I figure out what star I am viewing in the image above we won’t know for certain.

The image below is of the Moon in the lower left corner of the star. Using the color picker in Paint Shop Pro, I sampled numerous regions of the image. The darker the red color up to 17 which is near the center would determine a hotter region on the object. As I moved the sampler away from the center the temperature or the number reduced from 17 to 15 to 12 then 9 and 6 until 0 was achieved meaning that the heat or light being reflected off of the object was no longer considered a number. The reason being is that the heat or light or radiation value was too small and dissipated long before reaching the Earth.

As I went around in a circle from left to right the brighter red area at the top stayed a constant 12 with the middle layer being consistent at 17 while the areas around the outside reduced from the 12 down to 3. Temperature zone three. the lower left hand corner pixel fluctuated in temperature between 3 and 6 while the sides varied from 3 through 9 until the temperature variable reached 12.

Temperature zone 3 would be part of the Moon that was coldest or was cooling down due to not facing the star. If the object is a Moon or Gas Giant then it would have to be revolving around its own axis, other wise the tidally locked planet would see very little heat on the back side at all.

Based on the temperature sampling I would have to say that if the object is a moon or gas giant that it is tidally locked and is angled with the top of the planet receiving more sun light hence the 17 sampling while the sampling of 12 would be the angled deflection temperature sampling of radiation being reflected.

Obj2a12aMoon

Below is a representation of how the temperature zones from the above image would be greater at the point where the object was facing the sun or the 17 and how the temperatures quickly from 17 to 3 as the back side of the planet received less heat but still radiates heat into space.

If the image is that of a moon then it is most likely a tidally locked moon. Otherwise the moon would have hotter temperature sampling even on the backside as it revolved on its axis very fast.

The object could be a Gas Giant as well.

Like I said, until I have definite clarification on what star formation I took the image of, I won’t know for certain if the star has been cataloged or not or if the star has any orbital bodies orbiting it.

The great thing about being an amateur astronomer/astrophotographer is that you are not confined by tax money at what you too view. Catching colds and getting the flu later in the season as it gets colder however is a tax burden.

https://petapixel.com/2019/09/09/this-video-was-made-from-400000-actual-photos-of-a-comet-in-space/?fbclid=IwAR046_nqUTCye-4yt4vjzbG1JhmabEiMytCiGDQBDqwHX7nt_zXRb3Isiag

From 2014 to 2016, the European Space Agency’s Rosetta spacecraft followed the comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko (67p) around space: collecting scientific data, sending a probe to its surface, and capturing some 400,000 photographs of the comet. This cinematic video was made from those photos.

The short film above was created by Motion Designer Christian Stangl and Composer Wolfgang Stangl, who worked together to combine and score “digitally enhanced real-footage from the probe” that was released by the ESA once the mission was came to a close.

The result is literally otherworldly. Footage of “an active alien body, far out in the depths of our solar system.” Click play up top for a little bit of comet landing awe.

Discovery of new star formation.

Tonight I discovered four new stars as I probed the night sky. These stars were very bright which took me by surprise when I looked for them in the night sky with the naked eye. I used Google Sky to track their location. The closest location is HD 80456.

1011190232Skinnercolored

1011190232SkinnerNeg

SkinnerGoogleStars

I think I might have also discovered three moons around one of images of star formations that I took a few weeks ago.

I will post them later, but now, sleep.