EVE Online dev team is understaffed

Can’t wait to log into that. I’m likely to get a Omega subscription then.

And here i inject myself again, waving the chinese fresh start server flag

i really do think they are on to something here :tada:

i propably resub all my 3 miners, ngl

I would probably sub 1 TQ 1 new server so I can try it out.

Thank you.

<3

I think CCP’s problem has to do with Work Ethics. They don’t seem very professional. Looks too lax, kind of “it’ll be done when it’s done”.
That’s not the way to run a company.
Less Rock’n’Roll and more serious work is needed.
I could be completely wrong but it’s just the way it looks to me.

When CCP Paragon said “wait for fanfest, largest content update ever”

maybe he wasnt actually lying like everybody said he was, maybe he was talking about chinese update, lol.

(emphasis mine)

Appears to conflict a bit with:

That’s “claiming” some pretty detailed insight into CCP’s “goals and reasons”, I’d say.

Thing is, and the whole point behind the OP of this thread (which I assume you couldn’t even be bothered to read into), CCP already is earning plenty of money, always have, always will.

Their development efforts is now simply PA trying to milk more for their own ambition projects.

A new snowflake server for all the current Eve carebears to flocks off to and into total safety, will ultimately mean less content for the current carebear hunter playerbase, and a gradual disinterest in playing on that server due to lack of content.

Eve has a very distinct “Hunter/Prey” ecology, and adding a new server will completely screw that up.

I repeat, one last time, this was the same that happened to Ultima Online and the Full PVP server ultimately shut down.

Do you want this ?

Less than 10% of content only done by a very specific playertype, the highsec ganker.

On a different server.

You assume wrong and just made an a- out of u and me.

Yes but they want MOAR!

PA has been co-owner of EVE for while now and the devs are still working on the game so PA having other projects doesn’t hurt EVE.

I don’t see why PvPers wouldn’t PvP against other PvPers… or are you guys just wanting to explode “carebears” and club cute baby seals?

Well now the hunters can hunt other hunters. It’ll be exciting!

No I don’t, but just because the server for Ultima shut down doesn’t mean it will automatically happen to QT.

Yes … because only highsec carebears would move to the new server…

Can you potentially imagine how many nullsec carebears would flock to the new server also ?

I could think of quite a few … !

Yes.

So first you moan about people comparing other MMOs to EvE, now you do it yourself.

lets take an actual example which has FAR more in common with EvE than ultima did.
Albion, which is made by old CCP devs.
Doesnt have “highsec” ganking. Has Blue safe zones, works perfectly fine.

Do you have a source for any numbers for this?
(Note: I think you’re not allowed to post even friendly, useful GM replies to standard requests, for some reason - may want to just type a summary.)

Please provide context as to how or why you came to the conclusion that ganking is the biggest divider in the game.

1 Like

So you want this, and those who like and enjoy the current version will ultimately get screwed in time as it crumbles.

Thanks buddy.

I can and do imagine two separate servers and what I see are more players in both.

Thats exactly what they want. They want to gank the game we enjoy. And they want to see us squirm as they troll us while doing so.

1 Like

Well because the nerf ganking mega thread is the second biggest thread right after sub fee hike thread and because CCP says so and did player surveys about it:

And of course because of personally playing the game, talking about it with lots of folks, enganging with its community, general subjective experience.

That’s cruel.
TQ will not be ganked, the loot isn’t worth it.

Ultima was the grandfather of full loot pvp mmos.

Albion Online, I do not like the Blue zone system, for a fact that this doesn’t fit the type of emergent gameplay I look for in an mmo. I find that boring.

I guess I should enjoy Eve now as much as possible before it is really gone, and by your efforts.

Once again, thank you.