EVE Online dev team is understaffed

Left to die more like.

Happy ?

I doubt CCPs goal with this is to kill their game.

Oh shoot. I remember taking a survey in my inbox from CCP. I clicked the radio button that said “unconsentual PvP is a pronlem for me” or something of the sort…
Ooops

Well, they’ve done a GREAT job so far haven’t they ?

Who cares if the other server brings in the big bucks …

1 Like

People been saying EVE is dead or dying for almost two decades.
Guess what. It’s still here.

Relax, guys. EVE isn’t going anywhere and TQ will not explode. Take a deep breath and go on a roam.
You’ll feel better.

1 Like

How is the other server of ultima online doing now btW?

Did that, 2 hours in and no prey except a couple of bot farmers.

Soon we wont even have bots to shoot at … they’ll be in another universe …

1 Like

Good evening,

This topic deserves a reminder of the famous last video analysis by ObsidianAnt on a similar subject; he sums up the situation perfectly by means of a comparison without language of wood! For those who do not know this channel devoted mainly to Science-Fiction games, I recommend it:

Good reading.

So. Try To Fly Safe Again. Or Not.

Ully Loom

This is why I would prefer a smaller universe more compact more player interactions. We have what 20k systems? WaAAy too much.

I’ve litterally been traveling through systems for 6 hours now and only 1 person shot at me the rest was empty. Must have done 200-300 jumps.

Th snowflake one ?

It’s still going, and if you want to know the true meaning of GONE STALE, go take a trip there.

1 Like

I’m in Amarr space. Logged in right now for a few hours…
I challenge you to a duel in Saminer 0.3 :smiley:
Come armed to the teeth if you’re a man.
I’ll be waiting

I have not played UO extensively, granted.
But maybe UO dying is caused by the fact it is VERY dated and did not receive entire overhauls like other similar long running MMOs did.

If i imagine eve looking like it did in 2003, UI and graphics wise, it propably had died by now aswell.
Also UO is from 1995? or 1996? yeah thats a whole nother generation there.
8 years was a HUGE difference back then.

As i said, not to familiar with UA, just dabbed in a few days, but maybe them offering a second server was not the cause the game died out but other causes.

Well game’s dead, what do you expect, of course it feels “empty” … lol

Id rather catch you with your pants down tbh …

More satisfying, especially after all that conversation …

Oh no trust me I was there.

It was the MAIN cause.

No more content for the wolves = Dead server = Shut down.

And what about other full loot MMos from back in the days… Asherons call, wasnt it fulllot aswell if i remember correctly? its dead also.

(dont pin me down on those, i started MMOs with SW galaxies)

So yeah i highly doubt Ultima ONline beeing dead by now has ultimately something to do with them offering different servers.

Human nature to take the path of least resistance tbh.
Unless they have the knowledge and forsight to see their own doom.

Ambush… smart but not very honorable.
Also, I’m not mad at you or anything. No hard feelings. The best discussions is when people disagree

IMO split servers are a cop-out, basically saying “We can’t possibly fix these various problems with our game mechanics so we’re just going to start a new server with different rules”.

My own belief is that good game design allows for an active player base that accommodates multiple playstyles without breaking the game.

That said, this experiment has already been done, and is still being done, with “fundamentally similar” games.

Just as one example (and with regards to the actual topic), check what Ultima Online is doing with 27 servers and a staff of six:

1 Like

No, but he did …