EVE Online dev team is understaffed

So its their testbed and they will want to see reaction from people.

Here are my opinions:

The map thing is awful, looks like in high where majority of people are (and start) the travel times will be a lot bigger especially for new players who will get bored even faster of warping, longer routes means less activity, probably another way of forcing players to get into some shady, thiefing corps so they lose the will to play when destroyed in low, the old knife in the back stuff, for loot or for those new logs. We all know that low, WHs and null is pretty empty, so ccp will just make high sec landscape awful enough for you to go to low faster. Nope, do not want. People have to do stuff in their own pace. Not too fast as this will make them lose confidence, and they will treat in game systems as hostile and for a reason of monetization. As some systems would disapear that also means player hunting grounds, stuff from stations, agents, all of it would disapear… awfull, you must not remove stuff and call it content…

Safety adjustment locked to green is stupid, as it removes the baiting and makes high even more boring, alongside long travel times after Niarja was turned null. Reductions in alliances make the game less player driven but more system driven. They want to reduce impact of players on the game, CCP wants more power over player than alliance leaders have themselves.

Stellar express recovery service will remove the heart thumping emotions when you are about to lose your ship, it will be easy to get the stuff back, which is also a slap in the face of manufacturers and its making economy less relevant, is making the ships sold for $ more viable for CCP. With it in place the loot from wrecks will be removed for players to grab I think, else they will just clone the items. NO LOOT IN DESTROYED SHIPS FOR GRABS. Awful.

Journals will be replacing loot, something like a corpse tags to collect. Kinda ok, but ONLY if it would drop alongside the loot from wreck. In FW that would have a lot of impact I think, when introduced to tranquility.

Ship suitability system looks like something from diablo when you get sets of items for additional bonuses. Kinda strange, could really mess the balance if those would be very powefull, I think they would be just 1% or 0.5% here or there, and removing 1% or 0.5% at the same time, to not disturb balance a lot. Will make also the ship unsellable on market if those bonuses would stay after repackaging, and ship would be available only on contract. If you have a ship you fly ones in pvp and it gets bonused, you will not sell it so fast as before. I am afraid it will be used for you to get more and more ships you grind bonuses for and all of them will have some small bonuses.

Overall it seems CCP wants to make EVE more like diablo immortal but with spaceships and without constant action. Awful idea, if I want hack and slash I go play diablo immortal that is constant action. If I want serious spaceships, I play EVE.

Better just give us the cat ears.

Your content have to stay original, just give more of it, more spaceships more clothes, more missions, more tiers.

3 Likes

You mean the same devs who have made so many errors in judgment to the point where lovers of the game got so disgusted that they up and left?
I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in people who have a great game with more then 60k concurrent players and manage to whittle that down to 15k players.
At this point, any fool can realize that what the devs have said during the past 10 years is BS.

So they say.
You can continue to wear your pink-shaded glasses but as far as I’m concerned, these devs are just okay to code, not make policy.

PS: At this point, PA should take away CCP’s abilities to make policy on EVE. They clearly are incompetent to run a game like EVE. They should just sit in cubicles and code. Period.

1 Like

Technically Abyss/Trigalvins introduced abyss sub space which is a parrallel universe, I have a feeling the drifter networks is another.

1 Like

This is true but this is also relative to the universe size, even 200 players can be enough if the universe was only 50 systems.

If the Eve universe was 1/4 the size everything would be thriving and players would not feel the emptyness at all.

We still have 14-20k players mostly online during prime times most other mmo’s operate at around 1k-4k players per server and at 4k it feels ridiculously full but that is because their landscape is way smaller.

Eve was at its best at 60k players its now 1/3rd so to get the same feeling even 1/3rd of the universe would feel great.

2 Likes

I like the map, sov, alliance and highsec safety changes. But I would not like all the other changes. ship durability, less star systems,value from idle ships and extended skills beyond the pilot skills. Those changes kind off destroy the current eve gameplay if you ask me.

1 Like

Spot on, I think. With lower numbers on Serenity, and with similar complaints as we have on TQ the dire question is “how to at least maintain critical social mass or, preferably, surpass it”. From what we’ve seen since 2019, the game’s owners do not know the answer for EvE Online (any server).

While ignoring the facts that have been painfully repeated again and again since the introduction of Black Out, Scarcity and the rest of it, namely that they are driving players away while failing to attract new long-term players (resulting in today’s PCU), someone somewhere has dreamed up a marvelous solution: “Let’s make a new game based on what we (CCP) accept as legitimate complaints”.

If you go through the translation carefully, you will see less and less of the sandbox, and more and more of the themepark (e.g. bonuses from challenges, bonuses from tasks, even bonuses from ships collecting dust in a hangar). And paying a “fee” to get back a lost ship, wasn’t that a EvE Echoes thing that created a row because of the (real cash) cost ?

If one can never be wrong, one is bound to make the next big mistake.

2 Likes
Offtopic...

Why so many locked threads? - #5 by Ursula_Anders

The joke was that CCP buys the locks so their mods can lock the threads so the lock manufacturer bribes the ISD so they use more locks thus increasing their profits. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe the lock manufacturer should take over management of EVE then.

If Pearl Abyss becomes Lock Abyss the following months then the corporate takeover happened and they did and as such will also own CCP as well. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

How can it be that Eve is not having CAT GIRLS?
CCP not friendly? Gave all money to grumphy Industrialist?
CAT GIRLS dont like that.
In Star Citizen is a helmet with Cat ears. So they like CAT GIRLS!
You know what I am going to do now?

2 Likes

I think adult content are not allowed on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smirk:

1 Like

Why you are you trying to get along with me? Can’t you see that I just want to be enemies?

I just want to fight with people, and all these guys keep trying to find ways for us to coexist without conflict… it’s a waking nightmare. What has this world come to? And then, if that wasn’t already bad enough, they won’t even return my animosity and hostility when arguing with me.

It’s kind of annoying.

2 Likes

Nobody sees a shipwreck as valid target except for salvager drones. :stuck_out_tongue: :smirk: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

2 Likes

CCP… No sense of humour.

Buy cat ears?

I would literally throw money at CCP to buy a cosmetic that makes my character have an IFBB pro super heavy weight physique.

And maybe cat ears.

tumblr_409fc97494599f95c1621d03cd1b45d9_63607811_500

with the tux ccplease

1 Like

Why always cat ear’s and never doggo ears

Cats have better hearing overall. A dog’s hearing range is 67hz–45khz. A cat’s range is 45hz–64khz. (More hz means higher pitch. Humans hear 64hz–23khz)
Dogs have 18 muscles in each ear. Cats have 32 (humans have 6). Cats can rotate their ears independently 180 degrees. They can turn in the direction of sound 10 times faster than a dog’s.
Dogs are more prone to ear issues because their ear canal is L-shaped. A cat’s ear canals are self-cleaning.
In short, cats are more awesome than dogs :smiley:

3 Likes

You feed a dog. It thinks “Wow, you fed me! You must be God!”

You feed a cat. It thinks “Wow, you fed me! I must be God!”

3 Likes

And they are right. :cat2:

Bastet is probably the best-known feline goddess from Egypt.

:wink:

2 Likes