EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Whatever. The reason why there is no profit in manufacture of ships is that everyone tries to make ships… hence no profits. Don’t forget crazy level of stockpiles of minerals, ores and manufactured goods. That has quite an impact. We have to eat through them for any changes to have desired effect. I expect redistribution to come between May and June.

That is why shortage has to last a while.

Show me how someone blows up citadel within a second. I am yet to see someone perform suicide gank on a citadel xD

Grow a pair of balls? If neutral in local is all it takes for you to stop playing then you shouldn’t be in null.

You really have no clue what you are talking about, don’t you?

These have to stay. Unless you want hs income nerfed to the point where you can’t earn isk for anythign bigger than t1 fitted t1 frigate.

1 Like

Only adequate response:

Or more accurately:

1 Like

I still don’t get what would be wrong about letting people get incredibly rich in highsec without pvp and then,when they are able to affort pvp and are willing to do it they can go into low/null and live the thug life…you can still ‘train’ pvp via duels you know,or go into low/null entering a corp/ally that helps you…

But let those who do not want to participate in your caveman like ‘club on the head and drag into the cave’ game alone…

Or, y’know, you and the rest of the Red Dot brigade could stop annoying all of the other players who didn’t have a damned thing to do with those damned dots.

Not sure that is correct, maybe:

1% Dopamine
-1% Common sense
100% farts
and one :red_circle: as a bonus

1 Like

I don’t have a psychotic hatred of the dots, but…
Moving ammo or charges between bays in a ship really shouldn’t flag those items as new.
It is a bit annoying. I found ctrl+a helps get rids of the dot quickly enough. Still a pain tho.

1 Like

Because it would remove all meaning of loss and massively promote afk farming and alt armies doing that.

Additional uses for moon materials?

T3 ships, especially cruisers

• T3 cruisers could use some rework anyway to make them a bit more interesting and strong, especially relative to what they’re supposed to be
  • the volumetric amount of ‘material’ used to make T3 ships is ridiculously small (also add some basic minerals for imaginary bulk!)
  • add some T2 components and materials to T3 cruiser hull blueprints to add some value/cost to them, and also making a more complete ship by including thruster components and armor plates (which are then reinforced by the T3 components)
  • using some T2 materials for T3 ships will also add racial components to the T3’s to affect/indicate their value instead of that imaginationary component that is supposed to make a difference in the T3 blueprints but even those components are all made the same (so what was even the point?)

ALSO, moon materials should be used in making more Advanced Capital Components to use in T2 capital modules, like they should have been when realeased in the Citadel expansion. T2 XL Railguns should use Capital Superconductor Rails instead of normal Superconductor Rails … and etc … right now the capital advanced components do nothing except be a requirement to build jump freighters, so that’s not a significant or meaningful industrial item market

I’d like to see alot of the PI taken out of T2 production, and be switched to moon materials. PI for capital+ and structures seems like a good idea. But for faction and most T2 production I think PI could really just be removed, or limited to 1 or 2 components. Have the More specialized stuff like T3, black ops and other specialized high tier ships require a mix of moon, PI, relic, and minerals.

Needing a truck load of PI materials for station fuel seems REALLY contrived. Alot of it could be swapped for moon goo, or just taken out completely. I’m a big fan of crafting. I’ve played many thousands of hours in modded minecraft in expert packs. So, I’m familiar with the concept of inflating end game crafting, or production in this game, to make the process take longer and have more gates.

I’m fine with the gating, it should just be more well thought out, in my opinion. Have a better progression system for the items produced, and what they are gated by. Industry as a whole in the game needs a a complete overhaul, to be honest.

1 Like

‘Others’ as in you :slight_smile: Didn’t take you for an out and out apologist, but whatever floats your boat :hugs:

Multiple accounts is only a problem when people are using them to be very abusive of that capacity; which mainly goes to input-multiplexers and botters, basically cheaters. For people who are not cheaters, it still costs real human effort to do the more things of utilizing more accounts. Everything you gain in EVE is the product of effort, work. For many people it’s not trying to gain unfair advantage - again, more accounts means doing more work - but just trying to do more within their capacity, because they want to do more and they can do more, and it also costs more to enable that work capacity.

Since when is a ship loss “meaningless”??

They were very specific that it was referring to veterans who have accumulated ‘too much’ wealth why is that comment even here? and why are you being so angry about something that probably won’t affect you much??

If you want all thing be equal make it mandatory to allow ONE account be online at the same time from the same life form.
Then and only then can you hopefully make the statement of “healthy wealth accumulation”.

Unfortunately here you show that you really don’t know what you’re talking about. Many veterans and experienced players can still get very rich with only 1 account online at a time. My EVE business grows well and I am only online 1 account at a time. Eventually I will become space-rich and your rule would not stop me. I have friends who are already much more rich than me, and they also do that with only 1 account at a time. So NO your rule would not stop people in EVE from becoming too rich…

1 Like

This game is like running a race but every time you get close to the finish line ( your in-game goals) CCP picks up the finish line and moves it 3 miles further. It’s BS

1 Like

Except if you are a highsec miner they moved it 3km closer since you get increased demand from Null

1 Like

Finally some good news! I like the concept! Make EVE harder and interesting again!
:hugs:

1 Like

Lol. Dude, that was what, 12 (?) years ago! I’ll agree from a pure game point of view no RMT at all would be better, but I think of all the things related to monetization CCP has done over the last 1.2 decades, PLEX was the most innovative and forward thinking and least detrimental to the game. Many of their more recent schemes have had much more negative impacts on game play than PLEX.

Why do people keep raging against this strawman? I see no one claiming that Eve is all about PvP or warfare - it has always been a persistent war/economy simulator game where building and gathering is as important as destroying things. Those things need to be balanced however, and CCP has not managed that well in recent years.

The wealth distribution imbalance is due to negligent unfocused game design over the last decade, so yes they haven’t done a perfect job as stewards of this virtual universe. But these measures are specifically intended to help fix that. That’s a tall order, and this roadmap lacks all details, but CCP is actually trying to fix things, and has already made some unpopular changes, that will be good for the long-term health of the game to get us to a better place.

So I’ll say it again, keep going CCP! You have identified issues, articulated a vision and are now moving actively towards it. You are on track and making progress!

:clap:

3 Likes

It’s more like a hamster wheel the pet owner deliberately makes more difficult to run on, because there are 100 mice on another wheel making it look to easy. A race would imply that you’d “win”, or reach your goal at some point. What we have is just a treadmill with infinite incline, or a rat maze that just loops around with no real exit or goal. Because of the ever changing face of bots, and economy dynamics.

Even when CCP is done with this iteration of changes, a whole new set of problems will have cropped up to solve as a result of the changes. I hope they’ve mapped out a plan to get ahead of the curve. Or, they’ll just be plugging holes for ever and not really fixing anything. Which makes the disruptions caused by all the changes much harder to stomach. For me, at least.

CCP - “The Ecosystem segment was formed during the re-organization of EVE Development in Q4 2019 and given the responsibility of monitoring and aligning all balance, progression, economy and other health-related features from a macro-economic perspective.”

May 2014 - Eyj­ólf­ur Guðmunds­son, Doctor of Economics and CCP’s consultant for managing Eve Online’s economy, is leaving CCP to become rector of the Uni­versity of Ak­ur­eyri in Iceland.

CCP- the blind leading the blind LOL

3 Likes

**Botting

There are null sec alliances that encourage botting in their player base, instead of punishing the player which in no doubt will just create a new account and carry on botting, punish the alliance for allowing it in the first place.

By punishing the alliance, you will force them, to out the encouraging and the botters, otherwise you are fighting a losing battle.

PS… Why not publish a graph (it’s the only thing you can do right these days) to show which corps/ally these botters are aligned with when caught, maybe the playerbase can do something about it…

Clearly you don’t understand the concept of inflation.

LOL, dude, t3c ARE strong. They are extremely strong - at least in ‘smaller’ gang setting.

2 Likes

It would not…it would drag many players that don’t WANT to pvp and just be left alone and do all other things beside pvp into the game.

PVP is a minority,ever was and ever will be…

And there is nothing wrong about farming and grinding…