EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

THANX FOR KEEPING THIS WONDERFUL WORLD ALIVE, KEEP IT GOING!!! :heartbeat: :rocket:

2 Likes

Absolutely, and there are some surprises around the corner!

4 Likes

Well that told us a whole lot of nothing other than to try to justify your reasoning which doesn’t go with player demand.
Yes changes maybe need to be required but NOT as drastic as you are doing.
Are you going to compensate these people who have structures worth a lot of hard earned in-game money but are now next to worthless

1 Like

And, of course, by “surprises” you mean more nerfs…

How many months do you anticipate it will be before we can actually expect anything to change for the better and not just constant nerfs and reductions?

You mean like the buff highsec Belt miners just got?
A nerf to one person is a buff to someone else.

1 Like

Do you mean indirect buff, that the normal ore in NS is almost non-existent? Or direct buff that the Mining NPCs now suck out the Belts in 3.5 hours instead of 3?

Or were there other buffs?

Oh, I forgot about the second one. So two buffs aren’t good enough for you?
Ok I know you weren’t the person who complained there was nothing but nerfs.
But I hope you get my point that clearly even a nerf is a buff to someone, and you just listed an actual buff as well.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I thought I missed something.

I’m not in the HS for a while, but there are still some orcas with mining barges :stuck_out_tongue:

If the Supers are really weakened and ISK is reduced by 50%, I’m thinking about whether it’s still worth to offer the PvP players the content in the NS or if it’s better to live more relaxed in the HS. PvP can be done everywhere, after a few hours of crabbing.

1 Like

The Ecosystem has lot of moving and interacting parts, and this high level outlook hopefully gives you a sense of what we think we need to focus on.

3 Likes

I read the entire Dev Blog, and it seems that the Devs want me to play Eve THEIR way, not the way I want to, Eve is a Sandbox game, not scripted, I don’t want to play a scripted style of Gameplay

3 Likes

There is one thing you have really forgotten.
I’d raise the plexing to 750. At least.

I am not a traider and just a normal player who plays a few hours in the evening.

How many years could I plex?

Much appreciated and point taken!

I would say that to do PVE such as Missions or Dungeons at length can be a grind in most MMO’s, but there is room for improvement on making the content a bit more dynamic and challenging.

1 Like

Exactly!

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback!

You missed the one where moons don’t provide much value … hence a buff to belt miners.

The main issue is not really the missions. It’s the gameplay of eve, that is boring. Just moving in space, takes ages. I remember warping in my rattlesnake through osmon. It was very painful. Then, you just shoot them. At least turret ship need to place yourself correctly, but then this is still an issue of the over simplification of the engine.

THEN there are also a lot of issues with fighting the UI. A few of them :

• we can’t change charges when the module is cycling. you NEED to stop the module, wait of its cycle to end, your client to receive the end of cycle (which can take one more second), request to change the charge, wait for the client to receive charge changed , then select the same target again and activate the module.
  • in the same way, we can’t use a module on a target when it is already being used on another. An intuitive UI would be, to just switch the target from the module to another one if you try to activate it while cycling.
  • in the same way, can’t OH modules when cloaked, can’t preactivate them.
  • in the same way, if the target is out of range, can’t ask the module to activate on that target ASAP, which means micro management of on/off modules on the same target. examepl : you use web on target that orbits you just withing web range, but you are trying to move away from it so as to reduce the angular.
1 Like

There are HS and NS miner. Okay, there’s Ice miner too.

But there is no “NS/HS moon miner only” or “NS/HS belt miner only”.

I don’t quite understand what you want to say that I haven’t already said.

Yeah, that’s it. Me not wanting to deal with more of those annoying pieces of crap is apologist.

Or how much are losses actually worth to you…
One of the points raised in dev blog was precisely that.

These are getting nerfed xD
With so many athanors no longer going to be fueled due to them not providing regular ores.

1 Like