EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

And please continue paying us while everything sucks, of course.

If I wanted to pay to get whipped and kicked, I’d go see a dominatrix. This was supposed to be fun.

17 Likes

The issue there isn’t ‘how much resources can they hoover up?’ it’s ‘how completely safe do you want your miners to be?’ and ‘how much more mobile do you need to be to make this Rorqual worth the price?’

Previous rates of construction will come down, sure, but destruction also needs to go up. And with dreads harder to make, Rorqs get safer and safer to fly.

2 Likes

Eh. If it’s that disruptive to your fun, go alpha for a while. Like I told @Edwin_Clough there: lay low for a while if need be, but keep an eye on things.

CCP Devs: We’re making everything worse now, because eventually we hope it might make things better somehow.
And you should totally trust our ability to do this despite the numerous examples to the contrary.

16 Likes

At this point, it’s more like ‘and you should at least hope we can pull it off because otherwise, we’re all boned.’

4 Likes

I disagree with scarcity, It is an I’ll fated attempt to fix a problem after the fact.

1. You have an issue with the “Rich getting richer” Scarcity ensures this will happen, By making new resources hard to obtain existing stockpiles and ships become more valuable.

2. The issue is the login count reduced majorly following the implementation of jump fatigue - the game is under populated and vast stretches of the galaxy go largely unused. This was made worse by blackout with eve offline shows a staggering low of ~26k a number not seen since 2006.

3. Citadel patch over buffed capitals, citadels mechanics pretty much required capitals, and the rorqual mining patch increased the flow of materials to fuel it, I refer to this year as a “cash grab” as all of these things CCP profited heavily from via skill injectors.

4. a simpler approach to scarcity would be “browning out” systems to reduce the supply at the source while not overall affecting game play negatively. I define a browned out system in this case to be unavailable primarily for PVE in the case of moon fracks just pause it and move it back a day. This would negatively affect the renting of individual systems as well, which is a cancer that can be used to mask botting and RMT.

In summary please re-asses your decisions before the login count goes down again followed by an unsubbening. Scarcity in this instance is better described as Austerity which in a paid subscription game is just plain nonsense.

25 Likes

Probably too late already.

3 Likes

This indicates to me that CCP actually has no idea how they are going to accomplish a final goal. This means the new long term here is we are stuck in a shortage phase as CCP continues choking out the game.

Additionally I loved the line about clear goals and counters for each class, and then the action is “nerf all supers” but not have a goal for supers.

Does CCP actually have concrete plans or did we just get given a “Here is the dream I hope the game doesn’t die before we figure it out” post?

10 Likes

Jump fatigue is not the cause of that. Logins peaked in the 2011-2013 window, and have been steadily dropping since then. Jump fatigue is 1-2 years later.

3 Likes

Lmao, he thinks this is “simpler”.

Yeah, let’s just “brown out” systems because players can’t install ihubs on the next system over and farm unlimited anomalies day in and day out like they already do.

1 Like

What’s even funnier is that he doesn’t realize that ‘browning out’ is pretty much right in line with the phase 3 implementation. I mean, think about it: systems getting temporarily depleted if overused? That sounds like a dynamic system that adjusts rewards and distribution on the fly.

8 Likes

There’s a surprising amount of complaining going on here for what is probably the clearest roadmap we’ve been given in several years. And about half of these complaints could probably be alleviated if people actually read the entire dev blog.

My only worry is that hard-counters for capitals and supers could potentially over-simplify fleet combat, and create a stagnant meta if not done well. But besides that I agree that a re-balancing of Mineral Distribution is necessary for the long term health of the game, and I agree with the manner in which they are doing it. Also can’t wait for Asset Safety changes to be clarified, and I’m super excited to see a rework of PvE if they can pull that off.

19 Likes

For everyone moaning about Rorquals, you do realise they are pretty much the only content generator left in the game.

3 Likes

In what world is the road map clear? What piece of information did they give us the has any sort of clarity to it. This devblog contains a lot of buzzwords and vague promises. The charts are meaningless at best and deceptive at worst. We have no context for anything they posted.

Refer to a post by Scoots Choco above for all the things wrong with this blog.

5 Likes

Calm down, miner…

1 Like

The complaints come from the fact that Dev blog is entirely meaningless and talks a lot of vague nonsense. Just telling people “read it again” when the confusion came from reading it in the first place is not helpful.

4 Likes

These guys aren’t real miners anyway.
I’m glad we’re finally getting rid of them.

CCP Ratatui … uh … spelled like this, roughly.

1 Like

The “shortage phase” was never intended to be a phase anyways, it’s going to be the way it is from now on. A CCP Dev even said exactly this in a podcast I listened to recently.

Resource scarcity is going to be the way it is from now on

3 Likes

The Dev Blog isn’t that hard to understand. CCP is saying that you’ve been feasting unhindered for years. Now it’s time for a bit of famine. And I’m okay with that…

10 Likes

Not objecting to another round of Rorqual nerfs, so that subcap roaming gangs have a better chance at them. But battles are fought for more reasons than attacking or defending Rorquals. Destruction can stay the same as long as construction is going down; think this is the same as saying “battles should become more consequential (over time).”

1 Like