EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Yes! Left more stuff for me!

So if we set it further, like two years, we should get a higher average, right?

But I set it to 2 years and I get 32k… 1k less than if I set it to 1 year.

No, because past a certain point it’s dropped enough data points already.
You can however test this for yourself. If there is a 33k average in the last year, then clearly if the average of the last 2 weeks is 22k, then there must be other 2 week periods in the last year who’s average is significantly higher than 33k. I mean this is how averages work right.
Therefore, you can set the 2 week time period and hunt around on the graph in the last year, for any 2 week window who’s average is above 33k. And if it’s not dropping data points, about half of those 2 week periods should be above 33k.

1 Like

Of course averages are not a certain truth in any given specific time. But with enough data taken, and around a long enough duration, they DO show a tendency.

Maybe there´s not 1/3 less of players as the average suggest, but there ARE less players. I see it in my region, I see it in others, I see it in Jita/Amarr locals…

Of course you can argue that the players that have left are all botters, or RMT´rs, or that it is just a healthy fat trimming case. But in the end, this is a company.

Less clients is bad. For everyone.

Sure…
But they don’t show the tendency you claim they do
You had the numbers wrong, fair enough, EVE Offline does cause confusion like that, however now you’ve gone away, spent 10 minutes trying to find the time periods like I said, and failed, you aren’t showing intellectual honesty and owning up to that, you are now doubling down on your unsupported claims with anecdotes.

For actual numbers, we are an average 2k UP on this time last year on EVE Offline averages. And significantly more than that on the lowest 2019 numbers.

1 Like

I didn´t even tried because the last 2 weeks is a given button, but it is impossible to pick a random 2 week period moving the bar; One pixel is more than two weeks. It is however possible to pick periods of 1 month, and yes, there are many periods of one month within 2020 and 2019 with averages higher than the 24k average of the last month.

The lower datas of 2019? That´s the anomaly of the blackout. Dude, look at the graph during the summer of 2019, it seems the cover of “Endless descent”

And you talk of picking anecdotes to support claims…

Anyway, everyone can pick the data of its intersts, Just look at Jita local, or the local of your most frequented systems. You know the truth, you euither ignore it, or you think it is a good thing.

3 Likes

So now it’s 24k that we are using… And instead of a clear progression trend it’s ‘Some months’ Your goal posts here are rocket powered.

Rather than this descending into the usual tit for tat argument, let’s look into the very rough outline figures we have available here.

Seems that figures this year are pretty weird (surprise!), but I’d say the drop-off at the moment is more likely delayed from the usual summer drop in regular users - folks do get tired / worn out after playing eve hard for many months and even lockdowns can’t stop that from biting eventually. Add in the release of Cyberpunk (despite the criticisms etc) and I think you get a fair explanation for at least part of the drop-off

Then there’s the nullsec nerfs, which have undoubtedly also had an impact. This will take several more weeks to fully flesh themselves out I believe, but there will be further drop-offs in numbers to come I would say.

However, it’s not like the whole game is affected in this way. I’ve not seen any really noticeable drop in Jita / Perimeter yet - still seeing 1800+ in Jita most evenings

Maybe those ‘clients’ were bots ?

2 Likes

One of corp mates was commenting on this yesterday that it’s all too easy to live near Jita now because so many lifestyles from explorer to abyss runner to many forms of PVP are best done using filaments,

1 Like

No I was never a bot cheater but I was a cash paying multi box player. 6 accounts is what I mined with and I did not do it for the ISK to PLEX my account, I was never AFK, I never once use any bot programs, I flew all my ships , and I made every click for each of the 6 accounts. I broke no rules at all but CCP and the DEVS have created a TOXIC environment for those of us miners that don’t cheat. CCP and the DEVS attacked honest players to combat the BOT/AFKERS. The DEVS nerf the hell out of peoples game play that had never once cheated or was afk playing. EVE is no longer fun and no longer worth investing my time, my money or supporting at all. You all that attack everyone as bots and afkers are only hurting your game play. You drive real money away from the game and real people away, your only shooting yourself in the foot. Thats your pvp content, your new game development, your server upkeep, and so much more. Less money and less people does not make for a better sandbox, that makes for a piss poor business choice that will hurt EVE in the long run. I am not a bot, I am a cash paying loyal customer that was driven away by piss poor treatment and unfair punishment from the game developers. Yup I am only one person who paid cash for 6 accounts that the game developers and a small amount of trolls don’t want around anymore and think wont hurt the game but the real question is, how many guys like me are you and the DEVS going to drive away from the game before you all understand that one guy paying for 6 accounts is worth more to the life and development of the game than one guy paying for one account. We are not all cheaters CCP, stop punishing everyone because you can’t come up with a better plan to attack cheaters.

8 Likes

See, this is something I don’t understand, EVE CCP is saying that it is all about giving new players the opportunity to succeed, yet continues to allow the existence of severely harassing and deliberate progression impeding alliances such as Safety and Code without any sanctions being placed on them for what can be at times borderline criminal harassment.

‘In game criminal’ is the key wording you missed.
If it is real harassment it is already against EULA and there are means to document it, and standards to judge if it really is OOC harassment.

Actually, with CCP setting the precedent of giving a real world value to ISK in order to calculate the “cost” (their words) of large fights, the extortion of the “mining licenses” can be calculated at a real world cost. Which it can then be argued brings it into the realm of real world criminal activity

No it can’t.
Because Isk
A: Can not be converted into real money.
B: Those are usually media outlets stating that, not CCP
C: You don’t own the isk anyway, read your EULA/ToS, CCP own it all still, you just get use of it.
So lets have less of the stupid ‘In game actions are real world criminal activity’ shall we… That just weakens the argument when it comes to things which are actually RL illegal.

1 Like

While I can appreciate and understand the rationale for the ecosystem changes, it is the execution that I wonder about. Specifically the idea of restricting mineral types to lowsec, where, in the region of Placid, all asteroids within whole constellations are gone 6 days/week by 1-2hrs after downtime. Some will say there are amazingly well-coordinated player groups in that timezone who shovel it all up, but I have lived in lowsec for a long time and while I see lots of players in combat ships looking for pvp fun, I rarely come across a player miner. What I do come across in every system is a hungry army of NPC retrievers who seem to get their work done before 95% of the player base logs in and then just hang out in the spots where the anomaly or asteroid belts used to be, as if gloating (or maybe they are also wondering why there aren’t more asteroids to mine).

I understand CCP wanting these outcomes, as stated in their blog post:

• More movement in Lowsec - and potentially more destruction
  • Increase of mining ship losses
  • More market transactions for ores/minerals

But if that’s the case, how are these achieved if all the opportunities to mine are gone 95% of the time?

I admit that my understanding of the larger game balances is less than many of those veterans on forums, so thanks for your patience with my complaint. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The NPC miners haven’t been rebalanced to reflect scarcity
Thus since everywhere has less ore, they strip it far far faster than they used to

4 Likes

I wonder if CCP would be willing to reply about this regarding their intended gameplay balance for lowsec regions?

As a player returning after many years away, I agree with the intent of the effort to attempt to balance the economy. One effort that seems to be missing is the balance of trade. Jita is bigger than ever on a relative basis, as far as trade volume goes.

I would encourage CCP Devs to consider a low ISK cost in-game solution by utilizing inter-bus to ship cargo for players between the trade hubs. Significant volumes, (significant enough to reduce Jita’s outsized volume), cannot be shipped efficiently by courier contracts.

Consider - 5 million ISK to move up to 500,000m3 of cargo, from any one of and only the four Empire trade hubs to any one of and only the other three trade hubs. If the player wants to move 10m3 of cargo - same fee, 5 million ISK. This would allow players to spread out a bit more and reduce the necessity of Jita with out creating significant impact upon price discovery differences based upon geography.

1 simple change to do , add to moon ores regular minerals so its worth mining them and Players will determinate with moons are worth mining with price of minerals self leveling .
Another idea around moons its to add moons that giving ice belts aka ice moons and this will put a point that people have to live in space to have income from it .

with that both mineral redistribution will be fine or acceptable for most , it will create scarcity as moons was for long time in eve the number 1 reason why wars was wage

1 Like