EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Can somebody pls explain to me why are prices of ice ores, fuel and moon materials skyrocketing?

Speculation on various things to do with the industry changes I’d imagine.

1 Like

yeah, i know that there is shortage of ice ore sites, but what about moon mats? fewer people are harvesting or what?

People are anticipating massively increased demand due to changes in build requirements.

1 Like

so basing on what you are saying people massively buy moon mats in advance right now. Or maybe people are not so eager to sell mats right and try to save them for the future.

Yes to all of the above probably.

1 Like

Either speculation, people saving mats for later, or people buying it all up now to produce ships with the old blueprints before they get new requirements.

2 Likes

Curious how hard it is to really go after rmt for isk?
Just google “eve isk for sale”. It appears there are site after site of providers.
Just buy isk from each… then track the isk through the system… ban providers away.
Or am I missing some logic?

I found this topic when I tried to understand why i didn’t play EVE any longer (I’m just sitting in a station).

i read the dev post and I imediatly saw this:
"The Ecosystem segment was formed during the re-organization of EVE Development in Q4 2019 and given the responsibility of monitoring and aligning all balance, progression, economy and other health-related features from a macro-economic perspective.

I’ve identified and marked the part where this has gone sour for my eve experience.

I think the macro perspective immediately throws out the “mission statement” which is;

• Mission
    • To continuously regulate the unique ecosystem of EVE Online in order to provide a fair and vibrant playground full of diverse and rewarding opportunities for all players

you can’t macro engineer a playground for all players and playstyle, it’s impossible.
as evident now some 2-3 years later.

And I like to point out that the new “bounty modifier system”(bsm) is not rewarding - it’s oppressing.
It might be possible to turn BMS into “rewarding” but only if pve and pvp ships had the same type of damage application.
As is now, you either have to fit your ship for PvP or for PvE.
And being forced to go out and “roam” in a PvE-fit is simply not rewarding or “fair and vibrant game-play”*

• Vision
    • All EVE Online players are deeply engaged in a universe full of non-repetitive activities with intuitive risk/reward ratios while not competing with cheaters

As previously stated, the “macro perspective” has made me deeply un-engaged.
I’d like to point out that there are NO “non-repetitive activities with intuitive risk/reward.”
there are just repetitive activities with less reward.
Also, I’d like to point out that there is nothing wrong with repetitive activities. Take breathing for example.

Goals

• Increase veteran engagement through nurturing conflict
  • Improve economic health and opportunity through updates to resource and risk distribution.

Yeah sorry CCP.
Your goals 2-3 years later is further away from when you begun.
The only thing you’ve introduced is isk sinks and more risk.

i guess its a subjective perspective.
from my perspective:

• Increase veteran engagement through nurturing conflict
    -No, my carrier and dread ticks is that of a t1 battleship. There is no reason to have over 90m SP, anymore.
  • “the economic health” has gone down
    -PLEX is at it lowest in a decade?
    There is more isk sinks thhen isk faucits. this is not sustainable in the long term.

Opportunity has gone down, across the board.
the super rich market overlords keeps beeing super rich by cutting out the less whealty.
opportunity to earn money from killing npc and mineing has gone down, there is a steeper uphill climb for new players then when i started…

Simply put .
CCP what is your end-game here???
drive yourself into bankruptcy and alot of forum grief - to maybe attract a new crowd that are more willing to invest heavy into plex?
(sorry but the new cool kids choice is other games then EVE… your slogan of a decade “eve the nr1 space mmo” is simply not true anymore… /facepalm )

2 Likes

no you dont miss any logic, its as simple as that.

ccp should have a projected “loss of income”, they should have a invested intrest into banning bots.
they should invest it with buying isk.

but i also like to think CCP likes to change the game for other reasons then stated, and they just throw in “its to deal with botters”, as the truth might not go over so easy with all the players.

Whatever their trying to pull, it doesn’t seem to be working. 20k again on a Fri nite…

How low can you go?
Limbo Rock - Chubby Checker - YouTube

2 Likes

Who do you think is running or supplying these sites ? You can bet a large portion of the current blobs are RMT’ing an abundance of their ingame wealth.

That’s the problem, if you remove all the blobs doing this, they would be left with an even further diminished player base.

yeah so … if you don’t count everyone’s alts… that’s perhaps more like 6-10k people?

The idea of all the changes I can understand… but honestly same.
I still don’t have an idea what they are trying to pull off!
I know what they claim they want … I just don’t see how their intent is lining up with their actions.

Well only CCP knows and they are not saying who is responsible for RMT…? They only vaguely insinuate “botters” … And “everyone on the forums” is blaming botters.
First I’ve heard that its the black ops gangs(?) that are RMT’ers?

1 Like

I would like to point out that the bounty modifier system is what turned me to ratting for ISK for the first time in the four years I’ve played. Ratting in 200% bounty modifier systems is really rewarding, even though it requires a lot of attention due to the increased risk.

The bounty modifier system is rewarding for me.

At the same time, I do see how it is also oppressing for players who wish to do low risk low attention PvE. Which I think is not a bad thing - players can now choose between safer lower effort PvE for less rewards, or riskier more effort PvE for higher rewards. Or you could fit your PvE ship to be better suited for PvP while doing sites in a high bounty modifier system and still make more ISK than in a low bounty system.

I like the change.

1 Like

This is bad. Fri nite numbers can be shrugged off. Sat nite numbers not so much.

20k on a Sat nite???

It’s spring, covid rules are or have been lifted many places, vaccines etc.

Eve always has a slow down when the weather gets warm; this year with covid, it’ll be even more dramatic.

Why are you shooting holes in my conspiracy theory??? :rofl:

Still, 20k is low.

Oh sorry. Feel free to continue and I won’t interrupt. :slight_smile:

All I can say is it’s still seems low for this time of yr.
EVE-Offline :: EVE-Online Status monitor

seems december 24/25 was a low point. Still had more players than this friday/saturday.
all in all… the patterns on the status monitor are the same, there is a slight dip in players online the last couple of months.
Could because of spring/summertime? … Anyways… the chart even spread suggest that its same players that log in every day - only CCP knows how many unique player is logged on.

And not even CCP knows what those players are doing once logged in?
myself i’ve been fixing market orders, tinkering with fits etc… I have not been undocked (longer then a few hours) for atleast 2-3 months now.